HELP TOPIC - [AMD] macOS Sierra AMD CPU (10.12.x)

spakk

470 posts in this topic

I used this and my mouse and keyboard work now!

This is exciting stuff!

I also seems to get the "This version of macOS" blah blah.

So I guess it's gotta do something with SMBIOS, right?

Yeah! That message error seems to be a SMBIOS related problem. I think MacPro 3,1 isn't okay for Sierra, so I need to edit this and use maybe MacPro 5,1 or iMac 13,1, but how? Chameleon Wizard or I can just open smbios.plist with a text editor and change MacPro 3,1 to MacPro 5,1?

• Like 1

Yeah! That message error seems to be a SMBIOS related problem. I think MacPro 3,1 isn't okay for Sierra, so I need to edit this and use maybe MacPro 5,1 or iMac 13,1, but how? Chameleon Wizard or I can just open smbios.plist with a text editor and change MacPro 3,1 to MacPro 5,1?

No, there's some more to it than that. It has to do with serial numbers and ID's and stuff like that. I'm also pretty positive there's a tutorial for that on here somewhere where someone used a real 3,1 MP so I'll see what I can do with that and I'll report back then :) In the meantime, good luck and I hope to hear from you soon!

• Like 1

Replace the original file inside System/Library/CoreServices with the attached one and try the install again,

I've found an smbios.plist (MacPro 7.1) file which is working for me.

But mouse isn't working anyways so I can't do the installation... Keyboard is working.

I have the AHCIPortInjector in my extra folder. Also tried the Generic USB by RehabMan but didn't work.

• Like 1

Yeah. I've had good reports from this fix on Sierra before.

Unfortunately I don't see any difference  :cry:  maybe my org.bootloader.Boot.plist is bad configured?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-f -v npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

But keyboard is working, why not the mouse, I don't understand u.u

Have you tried the mouse in another USB port once the system is loaded? Also try with USBBusFix=Yes

Yep, I tried my mouse in another USB and didn't worked. I'm gonna try with this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-f -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>USBBusFix</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>USBLegacyOff</key>
	<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

• Like 1

Ok it may be that it's just the installer the mouse won't work in. Here's a tutorial on how to install with just the keyboard, http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=534

Well, I've installed it only with the keyboard but when I finished copying the Extra folder, kernel, etc. and reboot the computer, I've the AppleUSBEHCI loop again.. Start, stop, start, stop.....

Edit: Maybe I need to copy USBFixv3 to the /System/Library/Extensions on the HDD with TransMac??

Edit2: No, I can't write on the HDD with TransMac, even opening with admin rights.

Edited by AlexMnrs

Replace the original file inside System/Library/CoreServices with the attached one and try the install again,

Didn't work for me

I've found an smbios.plist (MacPro 7.1) file which is working for me.

But mouse isn't working anyways so I can't do the installation... Keyboard is working.

I have the AHCIPortInjector in my extra folder. Also tried the Generic USB by RehabMan but didn't work.

Where did you find that if I may ask?