I got banned on tonyMacx86, what do I do?

lmybobbob

79 posts in this topic

RehabMan's link such the ones for its repositories are ok

Forgot to mention that for a long time tonymacx86.com performed a censure on posts containing links to insanelymac.com (distorting the link that led nowhere). So don't be surprised if we do the same, at least peoples here will read why. :)

lol yeah i have removed all links to tony, you can do whatever you want if I forgot too delete any links.

I helped many users in TM for this reason.

me 2

• Like 1

Join the club

Update: added images adn reddit post

I got banned because I mentioned in a reply about vmware. I won't repeat what i said, in case i will get banned here.

I'm pissed because I have wrote hackintosh guides on Tonymacx86 that have tens of thousands of views, and somehow, all my contribution to the site, is completely ignored, and all my guides and posts are deleted.

And there is no way I can log out of the banned account, meaning I cannot contact admin, cannot see post, cannot do any {censored} thing.

Anyone has any idea what i can do to get my account back?

Thx in advance.

Reddit:

I just got banned on tonymacx86, I used to love contributing my work over there, thought it was a very welcoming and open forum, apparently it is not.

Here is some images from google cache of my previous contribution, and also images of ban email/message.

Guide Clevo P650SE P650SG full hackintosh guide (upgraded to Sierra) : http://imgur.com/a/2rsiG

Ban image: http://imgur.com/a/6dB83

Ban email: http://imgur.com/a/0HRz0

I'm over it, time to join other community and help people there.

• Like 1

I was banned when it was the era of Mountain Lion, when things are not as comfy as it is right now. Too few guides/documents needed to help new users setup their own hack. A simple question related to iAtkos ( when it was still free and not a paid service as it is atm ) and I got the hammer on my head. Simply effective enough to get me on this forum :P

No regrets at all. It was the motivation for me and pokenguyen to start writing the AIO guide ( now outdated as nguyen quitted the hackintosh scene to become a physics scientist and I don't have access to his account ) and people actually praising it alot for its usefulness

• Like 2

I was banned when it was the era of Mountain Lion, when things are not as comfy as it is right now. Too few guides/documents needed to help new users setup their own hack. A simple question related to iAtkos ( when it was still free and not a paid service as it is atm ) and I got the hammer on my head. Simply effective enough to get me on this forum :P

No regrets at all. It was the motivation for me and pokenguyen to start writing the AIO guide ( now outdated as nguyen quitted the hackintosh scene to become a physics scientist and I don't have access to his account ) and people actually praising it alot for its usefulness

wow that dated back quite some years, cool seeing people actively supporting the forum here! Im definitely leaving Tony, and will start helping out people here!

• Like 3

Yes. We are all stealing from apple and there should never be such hypocrisy about it.

At least I made a point to order Snow Leo 10.6.3 DVD directly from Apple Store for clean conciousness 

p.s.

I also discovered I.M. after got banned @TM, apparently it is against their policy to mention Linux in one's signature.

I started to wonder if they think Linux is a forbidden mod distro of some sort  :jester:  

Edited by Micky1979
Also insanelymac does not support pirated torrents

i know its like a big f'ing hello to me it's not like i have eBay or amazon on this side of the world even order stuff from china can take 2 /  4 weeks even then unsure its going to get to my house address even then its a pain in sob with customs ..

Yes, you are right  it's really hard to have retail if we are not have connection. But from beginning without distro is impossible  installed. and now TM not allowed taking about VM

• 2 months later...

Last year on 28 January, I got banned at TM after posting the first version of my Guide to installing El Capitan on ASUS K501LX with the reason of promoting piracy software. At that time, I was surprised and got frustrated because I didn't mention about using any pirated software in my guide. So I suspected that the reason I got banned was because in my guide, I included a reference to a guide to create USB installer using OS X on VMWare (really Tony?).

After a few days, I tried to login at TM and found out that my account was removed. So I recreated it and since then, I swore to myself that I will never post any guide at TM again.  :mad:

• 1 month later...

"The tonymacx86 site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

With ignorance like that you're better off..

He forgets that he first got started by cloning a downloaded modified installer for illegally acquired software hacked to be pirated on unsupported systems.  :pirate: 

I got banned for asking if we trade app store installers is it piracy, not then can someone give me One I needed because it's no longer in store. I asked no one to break the rules, my title was even, "Mods, please weigh in on this.." Had they just said they feel it is NOTHING else would've been said by me.

Hypocritical because the Apple EULA states no running on non apple hardware, so they're technically pirating....gimme a break !

• Like 1

stock-photo-24463554-support-group.jpg

Hi, my name is mfc88 and I got banned from TM in October 2016. I mentioned in Pilgr1m's iMessage fix guide that I finally got iMessage to work on my VMware station (well before I knew that you could actually install a standalone Mac OS on a PC). Didn't realize it was against the rules and was subsequently banned. I created another account and devoted that account to helping out new users (and created my own iMessage fix guide AND supported it by answering any and all questions). Everything was good up until November 2016, when out of the blue, I was banned again for "multiple accounts". After that, I swore I would never help anyone at TM nor support that North Korean website.

Instead, I thankfully found InsanelyMac through some Google searching, was finally able to get my hack working 100% (thanks to the help/patience of several InsanelyMac users) and then made it my new home. I love it here!

• Like 4