hp dv6000t laptop

riffraff

272 posts in this topic

I've been looking through the BIOS for my HP dv2617us (F.2B) and they seem to have put in a rather mean trick. The Vendor and Device ID's are all together followed by SubSysID's of which there are more of than there are Vendor ID and Device ID's. If I have time in the beginning of next week I will play around with it more, but I have so far been unable to find a way to disable the while list all together. I have bricked and successfully recovered my system, so if anyone has suggestions, I am willing to risk another several BIOS flashes.

Hi

He have two posts with attached files which one you recommend to try, the later one or the older one.

Thanks

Empra

the first post has the whitelist removed, the second post only has a specific card added to the list, so the first should be your choice, unless you have that exact card, subsys ids and all, very unlikely. good luck, post results so that others will know if it works.

kev

there are so many diff downloads in this thread regarding bios hack. which one should I download if I have a dv9700t? also, after downloading the new hacked bios, how would I go about installing it? sorry that i'm such a noob :censored2:

btw i have kalyway 10.5.2 installed if that matters..

and i'm planning on purchasing the dell 1500 PC559 wifi chip

I also have a dv5000 series laptop and and would like to do the whitelist hack but the hex is not the same and I am stuck. Anyway someone could hack the bios f.24 for dv5000 hp laptops and post it. I can maybe do it if someone gives me some directions on the hex of this bios.

Thanks

I would really like to to get my new dell card recognized.

I also have a dv5000 series laptop and and would like to do the whitelist hack but the hex is not the same and I am stuck. Anyway someone could hack the bios f.24 for dv5000 hp laptops and post it. I can maybe do it if someone gives me some directions on the hex of this bios.

Thanks

I would really like to to get my new dell card recognized.

are you getting the 104 error, i thought these bios were not locked. It might be your card not supported, if it is the lock, i will help just post info and link here.

Hey KevD.

I do indeed have the 104 error so this bios is defenetly locked. I guess my question is did this laptop have an unlocked original bios? If I revert back to old bios what are the consequences?

I would just like to get the dell card working so I can fully working(except sleep, which I am working on) Osx.

Thanks

The bios is here...http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-54801-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=au&product=3184211&os=228&lang=en

Thanks again!

Hey KevD.

I do indeed have the 104 error so this bios is defenetly locked. I guess my question is did this laptop have an unlocked original bios? If I revert back to old bios what are the consequences?

I would just like to get the dell card working so I can fully working(except sleep, which I am working on) Osx.

Thanks

The bios is here...http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-54801-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=au&product=3184211&os=228&lang=en

Thanks again!

i'll look at it in the next couple of days, and i'll post it here when done. Reverting to old bios should be fine, if your hardware is supported. I don't think that will help, but don't know.

i'll look at it in the next couple of days, and i'll post it here when done. Reverting to old bios should be fine, if your hardware is supported. I don't think that will help, but don't know.

Thanks man hope you can help me out!

I think this bios hacked should help a couple other people.

Just updated my bios to F.24 [AMD Processor] for the HP 2602ca [2500series] laptop in the hope that it would not be locked and i could use my intel wfif Link 4965agn card... but sorry to say, it was locked i got the "104 Unsupported Wireless Device..."... Would love some help in getting this working

F.2B is the biggest challange . this is wierd . why some are so easy to do and some like F.2B are almost impossible . it makes you think as if it has a dynamic program behind whatever you see inside the roms which everytime you touch anything . it'll disable itself. and untill now there is no phoenix bios editor that can open F.2B correctly. so all i can say god damn it what a luck.

whoever asked me for the bios patch for compaqC301NR, please post your vendor, device and subsys ids for me to add to the whitelist for you, i am not comfortable messing to deep with this bios, but can add a card for you easily.

Kev

Kevd,

Any info on the bios? Have you had a chance to work on it? I would love to get this card working soon.

thanks!

didn't forget about you, having problems with win, going to vm right now, will post later

kev

whoever asked me for the bios patch for compaqC301NR, please post your vendor, device and subsys ids for me to add to the whitelist for you, i am not comfortable messing to deep with this bios, but can add a card for you easily.

Kev

didn't forget about you, having problems with win, going to vm right now, will post later

kev

i too is after the Dv5000 intel bios hack. i tried the edit bios thing. it flash but then frooze at restart. i power it off . and now my board is dead. tried the usb recovery. it reads floppy but would not boot. so now am lookin a new mother board that should be here soon.

so i would be greatfull for the DV5000 hack.

Kev

kev

i too is after the Dv5000 intel bios hack. i tried the edit bios thing. it flash but then frooze at restart. i power it off . and now my board is dead. tried the usb recovery. it reads floppy but would not boot. so now am lookin a new mother board that should be here soon.

I had to replace the wireless card in my dv6449us with a Gigabyte n300 R. I hate to admit it, but i'm a total newb with bios work and hex. I see there is a posted hacked bios that most people have working, but i just wanted to verify that it will work with my own laptop. If it will work, how do i back up my current one?

When you try to use the bios recovery floppy, do you put your bios in it then, follow the directions. You have to remove battery and startup correctly. most people download a disk, and don't put the correct bios in it, so the board will not post. I have seen this a lot, bios has to be made for your specific model, when done correctly it should almost always work. If you have questions, theres a tutorial a few pages back that is real good.

I had to replace the wireless card in my dv6449us with a Gigabyte n300 R. I hate to admit it, but i'm a total newb with bios work and hex. I see there is a posted hacked bios that most people have working, but i just wanted to verify that it will work with my own laptop. If it will work, how do i back up my current one?

yes can, but need to get the correct one, i am running out the door now, but will be back later to help.

Kev

Bad News! I bricked my system and now I am stuck. After much research I found a a great tutorial on how to change the ids in the bios to the one of the 1390 card. I followed all steps to the t and when the bios finished flashing it said it needed to restart but it took for ever so I decided to hold power button down but none of keys on the keyboard work. So I decided to pull the battery and power supple and try and reboot.

I am guessing doing this was a bad idea and now the computer does not even go to a post screen or beep. All the computer does is as soon as I put battery or power supply in it turns on the media lights and power button does nothing. I dont get it all I changed on the bios was the card ids and nothing else. What could have gone wrong?

Now I dont even know how to get the floppy or cd to run if the computer does not even beep.

So I am looking on ebay for a bios flash fix or motherboard, what would be the cheapest way to go?

Thanks

Here is the link to the awsome guide for the other hack...well I will post later as I am on my wifes computer and cant remember the site.

Maybe I can be of a "little" help...?

somewhere on this forum is a post about patching HP BIOS's, in it they explain a thread about "emergency boot processes", this includes a description on getting a bootable disk made and there is also a section on what specific keystrokes, something like "ALT+F7+H+Q" or something weird like that, to get your machine to boot of this specific disk and restore the original BIOS!

I hope this can point you in the right direction!?

The other option is to send or take your machine to HP and tell them you were doing a BIOS upgrade, and the power went off, they have no way of checking as the only thing they can do is reprogramme it! They know the keystrokes and they will have the disk. It should not cost more than $10.00 as this happens a lot and they are geared up for it.

In my time I did at least 8 a week for them!

SticMAN

F.2B is the biggest challange . this is wierd . why some are so easy to do and some like F.2B are almost impossible . it makes you think as if it has a dynamic program behind whatever you see inside the roms which everytime you touch anything . it'll disable itself. and untill now there is no phoenix bios editor that can open F.2B correctly. so all i can say god damn it what a luck.

I agree, Mehsymehdy. There are 40 rom files in the Temp folder of the Bios Editor, which make very difficult to find the rigth code.

My laptop is a Pavilion 2750es, and, as in Mehdymehdy's case, the Bios is F.2B. I will become crazy looking for the ids between so many rom files. Anybody else was able to get this Bios flashed?

Many, many thanks... if this is possible...