hp dv6000t laptop

riffraff

272 posts in this topic

When you try to use the bios recovery floppy, do you put your bios in it then, follow the directions. You have to remove battery and startup correctly. most people download a disk, and don't put the correct bios in it, so the board will not post. I have seen this a lot, bios has to be made for your specific model, when done correctly it should almost always work. If you have questions, theres a tutorial a few pages back that is real good.

yes can, but need to get the correct one, i am running out the door now, but will be back later to help.

Kev

yea did all that . i tried all the different bios file about 8 of them. none worked. they all read for about 1 minute but laptop dont restart. so i think the boot block section of the bios chip is corrupt i also read some where that hp disable the pheonix recovery mode in the bios rom. in order to get recovery mode i should have enable it with the flash tool before i compile the rom.

For HP dv9700t users,

I have successfully installed LRZRAGE's hacked bios and I also installed a new Dell PC559 1390 WIFI chip/card. I now have wifi on Kalyway OSX 10.5.2 (it should work on 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 as well), as well as on Windows XP (for xp you need to find the appropriate drivers which are on the dell website). What's nice is, the wifi switch on the front of the notebook also works.

hey Kevd, haven't heard back from you in a while. Do you need any more info from me?

sorry,

been busy, you need the bios that was patched for the 6000/9000 series, not the one for 9500+/6500+

it should be the first bios's that were patched on this thread, i think f27 was the latest one that they patched,

NEVER MIND I LIED, you are using amd, right? don't know if anyone has patched yet! Should google, if not try searching for a thread on this page, but use google, that kabyl started, he is haching bios for core support, but he is way better than anyone else, so maybe can help if its not done already. If you need help, give me more info and i will look into it. I need to know what bios manufacter you have, i don't know anything about amd chips, is it pheonix? or award, or hopefully not insyde!!

sorry i mislead you, i didn't know it was amd until i went to hp site, i thought this was intel only thread. Will try to help when i get more info.

Good luck

kev

Bios.zipok maybe you are very busy am going take one more shot at this. my new mother board will me here thursday.

one good thing i have a extra sst bios chip already programed. so if i brik it ill have 1 back up.

here gos can you tell me what version of the phenix bios editor you used. i got 2.2.01 pro from torrent

when i open the wph bios file i get this error (unsupported module class was found at ofset EC0195 )

THIS ERROR POPS UP ABOUT 3 TIMES BEFORE THE BIOS LOADS

is this normal please tell me

also in bios configuration parameters click select BCP then scroll down to multiboot III

the boot fail recovery and boot from floppy is un checked . ther is no star in the value select field.

i read some where that i have to select (add star ) in order for the boot failed recoery from usb floppy drive to work.

do you have any idea about this

here i have uploaded the lates bios. its a zip file with the bios.wph file. i found the white list in BIOSCOD1.ROM

can yyou take a quick look and see if there is the F9 feature to make it witelist for all cards.

if not just give me a bit more insight on adding my wifi card. i would have post my wifi ven id but i got a new atheros card and i wont know the vendor id till thursday.

regards

Hello

I have just received my mini pcie Boradcom BCM94311. I have replaced my Intel 3945ABG

And... It Works !

The broadcom is recognize as Airport extreme, no trouble , no cut of signal.

You just have to put airport in fist position in network panel to have automatic connection at starting.

Hp DV6622ef ,Leo4all V2 (10.5.2), Bios F53 patched.

thanks for all !

I do see the whitelist in BIOSCOD1.ROM but there isnt a CRC check near by. The crc check code is F9EB01F8 and you change the F9 to a F8 to stop the check. Does this happen to be the F.24A bios? for a dv5000 series? Looks familiar... I didn't get any of the errors you mentioned. Only pop up I got was about the Chinese strings are not editable. which is normal

Bios.zipok maybe you are very busy am going take one more shot at this. my new mother board will me here thursday.

one good thing i have a extra sst bios chip already programed. so if i brik it ill have 1 back up.

here gos can you tell me what version of the phenix bios editor you used. i got 2.2.01 pro from torrent

when i open the wph bios file i get this error (unsupported module class was found at ofset EC0195 )

THIS ERROR POPS UP ABOUT 3 TIMES BEFORE THE BIOS LOADS

is this normal please tell me

also in bios configuration parameters click select BCP then scroll down to multiboot III

the boot fail recovery and boot from floppy is un checked . ther is no star in the value select field.

i read some where that i have to select (add star ) in order for the boot failed recoery from usb floppy drive to work.

do you have any idea about this

here i have uploaded the lates bios. its a zip file with the bios.wph file. i found the white list in BIOSCOD1.ROM

can yyou take a quick look and see if there is the F9 feature to make it witelist for all cards.

if not just give me a bit more insight on adding my wifi card. i would have post my wifi ven id but i got a new atheros card and i wont know the vendor id till thursday.

regards

F.53 is an old BIOS. F.58A is the newest and is patched. You can get it here ... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120190

Hello

I have just received my mini pcie Boradcom BCM94311. I have replaced my Intel 3945ABG

And... It Works !

The broadcom is recognize as Airport extreme, no trouble , no cut of signal.

You just have to put airport in fist position in network panel to have automatic connection at starting.

Hp DV6622ef ,Leo4all V2 (10.5.2), Bios F53 patched.

thanks for all !

I do see the whitelist in BIOSCOD1.ROM but there isnt a CRC check near by. The crc check code is F9EB01F8 and you change the F9 to a F8 to stop the check. Does this happen to be the F.24A bios? for a dv5000 series? Looks familiar... I didn't get any of the errors you mentioned. Only pop up I got was about the Chinese strings are not editable. which is normal

F.53 is an old BIOS. F.58A is the newest and is patched. You can get it here ... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120190

the errors when opening, are normal, if you clear your registry and reinstall the editor those errors will appear the first time, but never again, i am having major problems with windows right now, so i am out of helping anyone, a helpful hint, i am told the lock is completely rewritten in the new bios, so be careful what you change.

I wanted to know if anyone can help.... I have a Hp Pavilion dv6700/Dv6919ca (as the service tag shows) AMD

I have to fix it now as to being bricked. So well I have to re-flash it anyway, I would like to take the bios lock off for my Atheros 5007 card so I can replace it with a working dell 1490 I have sitting here.

The only Bios I found for my laptop is here,

F.30 Dv6919ca

I will be getting the USB floppy tomorrow (I hope) to fix the brick.

• 1 month later...

guys, i brick my laptop updating it's bios, and the original and the modded one dont have bios recovery enabled, so, i need to send it to hp. well, i want to say to check in the modded if it is enabled, if not, an failed bios flash will brick your laptop and crisis bios recovery will not work. so, be carefully before doing something wrong!

guys, i brick my laptop updating it's bios, and the original and the modded one dont have bios recovery enabled, so, i need to send it to hp. well, i want to say to check in the modded if it is enabled, if not, an failed bios flash will brick your laptop and crisis bios recovery will not work. so, be carefully before doing something wrong!

none of the modifications change the crisis recovery or boot order, all of the modded bios can and have loaded a crisis recovery disk for me, just make sure you do it correctly, there are a lot of steps that have to be followed in specific order, and have to have matching bios in the disk, along with correct checksums i have reflashed mine from recovery floppy at least ten times, and several friends with diff bios, just had to make diff disks

none of the modifications change the crisis recovery or boot order, all of the modded bios can and have loaded a crisis recovery disk for me, just make sure you do it correctly, there are a lot of steps that have to be followed in specific order, and have to have matching bios in the disk, along with correct checksums i have reflashed mine from recovery floppy at least ten times, and several friends with diff bios, just had to make diff disks

but i tryed doing it so many times, and nothing worked! as i saw in another forum, if fail bios recovery is disabled it will not make sense if bios recovery will work, cause it is disabled on the bios you flashed!!

just make sure you do it correctly, there are a lot of steps that have to be followed in specific order, and have to have matching bios in the disk, along with correct checksums i have reflashed mine from recovery floppy at least ten times, and several friends with diff bios, just had to make diff disks

can you give me more details about checksum and matching bios how di i do checksum? . i to had a brick. laptop would read the usb floppy for about a minute .,. then long beep stating its done . but still it would,nt boot

i cant understand why bios recovery work on some lappys and in mine don't. it's really strange. mine is dv2660br described in signature, and i really tryed almos everything to recovery it without opening to change the bios chip. if somebody heard about a successfull recovery on a dv2600 or dv200 series, please tell me what this cherlock holmes done!! else tell me why or try explaining why it dont work! ;)

thanks at all

ps. atached i uploaded 30cdf2b (F.2B) bios i've flashed and bricked my lappy. the bios i had before was 30cdf2d (F.2D) hp retail.

30CDF2B__2_.rar

i found out that the hack bios differs from the original in my external programmer hex view. for the dv5000 intel same as dv8000 intel which is one of the laptop that cant be bios hacked.

so maybe pheonix bios editor is not rebuilding the bios correctly. checksum is different too .

i now find that hacking the wifi card is much safer with less head ache when things go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all very new to this and im desperately in need of a hack for my compaq 6910p laptop.

I need to find the location of the whitelist. Ive searched and searched again for my vendor ID/device ID but have had no joy.

Wifi card : Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AG

Ven ID: 86 80

Dev ID: 29 42

Subsys: 10018086 > 86 80 01 10

The reason for this is i wish to upgrade to a Gigabyte Aircruiser N300. wI06N-rh.

Ive found this at OFFSET 000113D8 but its an id for Intel 3945gb not the 4965AG i have installed

6200 6BC2 008C 2201 AD82 0100 F58E 4102 1661 0086 8022 42AF 3C10 5B13

Bios file is attached 68MCU.rar

Hope someone can help me out ne help will be greatly recieved, willing to give cash rewards for a solution.

regards

Modman

for reference one of the reason why some laptops get bricked eg the dv5000. after editing the bioscod1.mod the size is changed, because of the file size change. phoenix bios editor do not compress the bios correctly. so you have to edit some more of the other wifi ids untill you get the same size as the original before edit.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading all 13 pages of this thread. As far as I can tell, only one person has hacked an AMD dv6000/9000, and that is 2501. I tried PMing, as he suggested, but I can't tell if my PMs are going anywhere. When I try to send one, it seems to complete without error, but there is nothing in my "Sent" box. I even checked my forum options to see if putting a copy in the Sent folder was disabled, but I couldn't find squat.

At any rate, here is the information on my laptop, as well as the card I would like to put in there.

External casing badging: dv9000

The bottom label:

HP Pavilion dv9500

S/N: CNF73918HH

P/N: GS718UA#ADA

dv9610us

The card I ordered is the 300M Atheros 5008 802.11n wireless card. Here is the link on Ebay

Now that I have the card, it obviously doesn't say "5008" anywhere, though I have no doubt that's what the chipset is. Here is the information on the card:

Company: AzureWave

Model No: AR5BXB72

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I wanted to change my default Broadcom BCM94321MC wireless card to Gigabyte GN-WS50G on HP Pavilion DV6449us laptop (AMD Turion x2 processor). But the same error message. ;) Searched in hex for "F9" (F.40 and F.3D firmware) but it is missing. Is there any way to remove this damn whitelist? Please help!

Thank you!

Hi again!

I have tried to add/change device ID in bios but no success. Bios is not starting. So patch does not work on HP Pavilion DV6449us AMD laptop firmware version F.40. Now I am waiting for USB Floppy from my friend. :)

Well, as you can see, many people are now trying to hack their bioses and after that they get a non-working laptop with a {censored}ed bios. I've got the same problem some months ago, and floppy recovery don't worked, so i sent my lappy back to hp warranty. What they've done? Replaced entire motherboard! Well, after this problem, i decided to hang up on bios hacks, but, now i'll get OS X working with a 4965agn card? Hummm, i've bought a HP retail broadcom bcm4311 wireless card, and as it is blocked under bios, i could not install it without getting the 104-wireless card unsuported. But as i mentioned in another post, i've saw that is possible to change the subvendor and the subpruduct ID's under linux, so what i've done? Changed them, but no working yet, but why? WTF???? WELL HUNNEYS, HP BLOCKED ALL WIRELESS CARDS ELSE THE ONDE THAT CAME INSTALLED WITH YOUR LAPPY! so how i'll got it working now? HAVE U EVER THOUGHT ON CHANGING IT'S SUB ID'S TO THE SAME OF YOUR WORKING WLAN CAR? NO???????? COME ON GUYS!!!!! I

Well, as you can see, many people are now trying to hack their bioses and after that they get a non-working laptop with a {censored}ed bios. I've got the same problem some months ago, and floppy recovery don't worked, so i sent my lappy back to hp warranty. What they've done? Replaced entire motherboard! Well, after this problem, i decided to hang up on bios hacks, but, now i'll get OS X working with a 4965agn card? Hummm, i've bought a HP retail broadcom bcm4311 wireless card, and as it is blocked under bios, i could not install it without getting the 104-wireless card unsuported. But as i mentioned in another post, i've saw that is possible to change the subvendor and the subpruduct ID's under linux, so what i've done? Changed them, but no working yet, but why? WTF???? WELL HUNNEYS, HP BLOCKED ALL WIRELESS CARDS ELSE THE ONDE THAT CAME INSTALLED WITH YOUR LAPPY! so how i'll got it working now? HAVE U EVER THOUGHT ON CHANGING IT'S SUB ID'S TO THE SAME OF YOUR WORKING WLAN CAR? NO???????? COME ON GUYS!!!!! I'VE DONE THAT AND WHAT HAPPENED????? I'VE GOT A WORKING BROADCOM WLAN CARD IN AN HP DV2660 LAPTOP!!!!! SO, DON'T BIOS HACK ANYMORE, CHANGE THE BROADCOM SUB ID'S AND ENJOY!!!

link for how to change the ID's: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

post-274696-1228752921_thumb.jpg

Good news!! :D F27 is now patched and working without a whitelist!! Have fun with it. Intel dv6000 and dv9000 models ONLY. http://rapidshare.com/files/52109431/sp36368.rar

For those who care to know why my previous attempt failed, it seems that I accidentally put the F8 into the decimal field in my hex editor instead of in the hex field, which converted it to some other value! Yes, it was a boneheaded mistake. :wacko:

so! i flashed my dv9000 with this bios and now i can't boot windows without a BSOD, or osx without the circle-of-death at the load menu. please help??

Well, as you can see, many people are now trying to hack their bioses and after that they get a non-working laptop with a {censored}ed bios. I've got the same problem some months ago, and floppy recovery don't worked, so i sent my lappy back to hp warranty. What they've done? Replaced entire motherboard! Well, after this problem, i decided to hang up on bios hacks, but, now i'll get OS X working with a 4965agn card? Hummm, i've bought a HP retail broadcom bcm4311 wireless card, and as it is blocked under bios, i could not install it without getting the 104-wireless card unsuported. But as i mentioned in another post, i've saw that is possible to change the subvendor and the subpruduct ID's under linux, so what i've done? Changed them, but no working yet, but why? WTF???? WELL HUNNEYS, HP BLOCKED ALL WIRELESS CARDS ELSE THE ONDE THAT CAME INSTALLED WITH YOUR LAPPY! so how i'll got it working now? HAVE U EVER THOUGHT ON CHANGING IT'S SUB ID'S TO THE SAME OF YOUR WORKING WLAN CAR? NO???????? COME ON GUYS!!!!! I

Well, as you can see, many people are now trying to hack their bioses and after that they get a non-working laptop with a {censored}ed bios. I've got the same problem some months ago, and floppy recovery don't worked, so i sent my lappy back to hp warranty. What they've done? Replaced entire motherboard! Well, after this problem, i decided to hang up on bios hacks, but, now i'll get OS X working with a 4965agn card? Hummm, i've bought a HP retail broadcom bcm4311 wireless card, and as it is blocked under bios, i could not install it without getting the 104-wireless card unsuported. But as i mentioned in another post, i've saw that is possible to change the subvendor and the subpruduct ID's under linux, so what i've done? Changed them, but no working yet, but why? WTF???? WELL HUNNEYS, HP BLOCKED ALL WIRELESS CARDS ELSE THE ONDE THAT CAME INSTALLED WITH YOUR LAPPY! so how i'll got it working now? HAVE U EVER THOUGHT ON CHANGING IT'S SUB ID'S TO THE SAME OF YOUR WORKING WLAN CAR? NO???????? COME ON GUYS!!!!! I'VE DONE THAT AND WHAT HAPPENED????? I'VE GOT A WORKING BROADCOM WLAN CARD IN AN HP DV2660 LAPTOP!!!!! SO, DON'T BIOS HACK ANYMORE, CHANGE THE BROADCOM SUB ID'S AND ENJOY!!!

link for how to change the ID's: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

This is just changing the eprom rom, yes it works on some cards, those that it works on this is the best method. But it only works on certain cards. If you had done any research, this has been around a long time, so before you freak out on people, look around and read a little.