VoodooHDA 3.0.2

Slice
675 posts in this topic

I have managed to get Voodoo HDA Audio on Clover using the directions give here, on 11.3 . Clover 5134 failed to boot, after upgrade, I do not think it is related to the audio kext. I shall try to make a clean install of 11.3.1 on Clover 5133 and see if audio still works.

@cmn699 , but not only

Performed a fresh install of Big Sur 11.3.1 . Before reinstalling, replaced the contents of the EFi partition with the one on the installation pen drive with 11.3.1 . I have kept the documents and the EFi the same, after that, during installation. Perhaps re-creating all the partitions would have been a better idea, but I needed to re-copy all the files on the documents partition, so I avoided that.

After the install, install the audio kext using the app linked on this page, from chris1111 , and it worked. I went on with all the rest of the post-installation steps I usually do, I ran First Aid on all the hard-drive and on each partition and checked the installation via system_profiler command and went through System Information from up to bottom, like I do after each fresh install and major update. I had to do this process twice, because I forgot to change the language preferences. After the second process, audio stoped working and, once again, no audio devices were listed. I have re-installed the kext several times, no succes. I even deleted the one already installed, rebooted, the OS asked for the permision again for the kext in System Preferences but, on reboot, yet no audio device detected.  Like someting had deleted some permission for the kext or something.

Note that I use this to create the installing pen drive https://github.com/moosethegoose2213/automator-for-barrykn-micropatcher , after it I install Clover, Virtual SMC, Whatever Green, Lilu. I do not apple any patch from the micropatcher installation pen drive once the OS is installed.

Another note, since 11.2 , First Aid on Disk Utilty failed to run on the full drive (EFI included), only on each contained and partition and, even then, I needed to restart Disk Utility Several times to get it to take each container and partition

Performed another clean install just like before, after re-placing once again the content of the EFI partition, but I have not booted the installed OS yet, beacause I hope someone will have a better a idea what to do next, once the installed Big Sur is booted.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, shatterhenner said:

Hey Guys, I can't get the latest voodoohda.kext working on 11.4. Any News? Do we need an update?

Greetings

2.9.7 is working in 11.4 and in 11.5beta

Clover Conf --> Rt Variables --> BooterConfig = 0x28 CsrActiveConfig = 0x0285

sudo cp -R /path_to_kext/VoodooHDA.kext  /Library/Extensions

I did as above but I still don't have Green Line Output.  All I had was a bunch of Digital Out HDMI.  Currently on Big Sur 11.4, voodoohda 2.9.7

I also did repair permission  in L/E and rebuild cache

my audio: 0x80861E20 VIA VT1708S_0

Edited by loganMac

18 hours ago, loganMac said:

Clover Conf --> Rt Variables --> BooterConfig = 0x28 CsrActiveConfig = 0x0285

sudo cp -R /path_to_kext/VoodooHDA.kext  /Library/Extensions

I did as above but I still don't have Green Line Output.  All I had was a bunch of Digital Out HDMI.  Currently on Big Sur 11.4, voodoohda 2.9.7

I also did repair permission  in L/E and rebuild cache

somehow today Line-out (green rear) show. Finally sound is back. 

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Monterey as an update to BigSur.

VoodooHDA continues working as it was in BigSur.

12 hours ago, Hervé said:

Whether I use v2.9.2, v2.9.6 or v2.9.7, same issue.

In the version 2.9.6 there was a significant change in sources to make it working under BigSur. So 2.9.2 is no hope.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:52 PM, loganMac said:

VT1708S is very problematic codec and it will work after several node config changes in info.plist.

There is no automatic solution.

If you have somehow working VoodooHDA_VT1708 then you have to mirror it's info.plist into VoodooHDA 2.9.7.

VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d10 works as i have reported 2 pages up.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:00 AM, ellaosx said:

Hi @Slice

Last working version is VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d10. Attached is a getdump result.

Version 291SSE panicked regarding IOAudioFamily.

Version 2.9.2 up to 2.9.7 loads but not working

error:  codec #0 is not responding, probing aborted
error:  couldn't allocate memory for function groups
error:  no PCM channels found

4 hours ago, Hervé said:

Well, VoodooHDA v2.9.2 was working until, at least, Big Sur 11.3.1 on my Toshiba laptop (ALC255 rev2 codec). Unfortunately, I can't remember if it worked right after I updated to 11.4 but it certainly stopped for sure. I guess it's one of those rare weird things that are difficult to troubleshoot.

AppleHDADisabler remains required with VoodooHDA, right?

If ACPI devices called HDEF and HDAU then AppleHDADisabler required. Else no.

1 hour ago, hiphopboy said:

Not Green Line showing on Monterey with VoodooHDA 2.9.7, 2.9.6 have only one time have Green line, then not works anymore i don;t know why

You should look getdump utility and install VoodooHDA.prefPane

On 6/10/2021 at 11:38 PM, hiphopboy said:

Not Green Line showing on Monterey with VoodooHDA 2.9.7, 2.9.6 have only one time have Green line, then not works anymore i don;t know why

same problem;  green line out shows after installation of VoodooHDA  but no HDMI out;  on subsequent reboots only HDMI out shows

• 3 weeks later...