VoodooHDA 3.0.2

Slice
675 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Human7900 said:

Hi @Slice, is there any way to use VoodooHDA without losing updates?

I am not losing updates. See my report

while I always use VoodooHDA on all my computers in all macOSes.

21 minutes ago, Human7900 said:

@Slice Which value of csr-active-config would you reccomend for OpenCore to not lose updates?

I understand your question.

SIP enabled (csr=0) you will loose VoodooHDA.

SIP disabled (csr=0xFFFF) you will loose updates.

But there is also the adjective "PARTIAL" also known to real Apple computers while forgotten by some guide makers.

csr-active-config consists of 12 bits each has own meanings.

bit 0 - allow unsigned kexts, like VoodooHDA

bit 5 - APPLE INTERNAL, no automatic updates.

The best value, for my mind, is 0xA85.

In Opencore it will be byte swapped data <85 0A>

With this value you will have most securities, you will get Software Updates, and all hackintosh kexts will work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Human7900 said:

@SliceHow do i convert 0xA85 to data type for opencore?

15 hours ago, Slice said:

In Opencore it will be byte swapped data <85 0A>

With this value you will have most securities, you will get Software Updates, and all hackintosh kexts will work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slice can you add (as advice)

chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext

to your howto post 

if the kext is copied with wrong permissions sysprefs never activates it.

btw VoodoHDA works better in ventura than in Big Sur - I'm happy

Edited by jalavoui
  • Like 1

OK

But when you copied the kext by command

sudo cp -R ...

it will get correct permissions automatically.

So don't use Finder to copy kexts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anybody had success on a Huawei Matebook 16? It has Conexant CX8400 and none of the AppleALC layout-ids work on this laptop. I've just tried VoodooHDA. Headphone and microphone combo jack works flawlessly. The sound is very clear even on max volume BUT the speakers won't work whatsoever. They show up in the prefpane but there's no sound on either of them. 

I've attached the full getdump below and I would be thankful for any help. @Slice

GPIO: 0xc0000008 NumGPIO=8 NumGPO=0 NumGPI=0 GPIWake=1 GPIUnsol=1\
 nid 23 0x40f001f0 as 15 seq  0 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect\
 nid 24 0x03211040 as  4 seq  0 Headphones    Jack  1/8     Left    External Black   misc 0\
 nid 25 0x03a11030 as  3 seq  0 Microphone    Jack  1/8     Left    External Black   misc 0\
 nid 26 0x40f001f0 as 15 seq  0 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect\
 nid 29 0x91170110 as  1 seq  0 Speaker       Fixed Analog  Rear    Internal Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect\
 nid 30 0x40f001f0 as 15 seq  0 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect\
 nid 31 0x40f001f0 as 15 seq  0 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect\
 nid 33 0x40f001f0 as 15 seq  0 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect\
 nid 38 0x40f001f0 as 15 seq  0 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect\
 nid 39 0x40f001f0 as 15 seq  0 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect\

getdump-voodoohda.rtf

Edited by Mr.Blue

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, LockDown said:

@Slice

In SIP, is it 0x285 or 0x0A85 ?

Because i saw 2 posts from you that mentioned both

bit 0x0800 is recommended for new patches but not for VoodooHDA. It may live without it.

0x0A85 is a maximum set that I recommend to use in Hackintosh. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, Slice said:

AppleHDADisabler is still a valid way. If you are using OpenCore then load disabler before... Before what? VoodooHDA can't be loaded by Opencore. It must be in LE.

IOPCIPrimaryMatch is also a valid way.

As well as a way IONameMatch=HDAS which excluded the conflict and will not attach VoodooHDA to HDMI which is controlled by AppleGFXHDA.kext in the case of Radeon or Intel graphics.

@Slice

How do to IONameMatch=HDAS in VoodooHDA's Info.plist?

<key>IONameMatch</key>
			<array>
				<string>HDAS</string>
			</array>

Or

<key>IONameMatch</key>
			<string>HDAS</string>

Edited by LockDown

4 hours ago, LockDown said:

@Slice

I have been using 0xFEF

Is it ok?

OK, although surplus.

47 minutes ago, LockDown said:

@Slice

How do to IONameMatch=HDAS in VoodooHDA's Info.plist?

<key>IONameMatch</key>
			<array>
				<string>HDAS</string>
			</array>

Or

<key>IONameMatch</key>
			<string>HDAS</string>

Second one. I did this way and it is normal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there a newer version of Preference Pane?  I installed v289 but don’t see it in System Settings like it’s hidden some where.  I know it’s installed because when I went to re-install, it asks me if I want to overwrite.  I am in Sonoma 14,3,1.  Thanks 

4 hours ago, oSxFr33k said:

Is there a newer version of Preference Pane?  I installed v289 but don’t see it in System Settings like it’s hidden some where.  I know it’s installed because when I went to re-install, it asks me if I want to overwrite.  I am in Sonoma 14,3,1.  Thanks 

I have the old VoodooHDA.prefPane and it works in Sonoma 14.4.1.

There may be a difference that I installed Sonoma over Ventura and so some settings or something else was imported from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to find the older version and try it. The scenario you described where you upgraded to Sonoma from Ventura is exactly what I did and version 2.89 is in system settings but a clean install of Sonoma hides it somewhere.  Is there a way to launch it other than from visually launching it from system settings maybe command line?

Edited:

After a couple of reboots and  reinstall attempts, maybe while System Settings was open, not sure exactly if that was the reason why, but it did finally install in the System Settings, I could see it install at the bottom of the window, like magic. I wish I could re-produce the exact steps to be of any use to someone else.  Oh wait maybe this time instead of double clicking on the file to install I just right clicked then open instead that could be why.   :)

Edited by oSxFr33k
  • Like 2