None of my USB ports work!

Zenshredder

13 posts in this topic

Hello, so I just finished getting OSX to boot a few days ago(finally) and now when I boot into the OS my USB ports don't work...sort of.

When I boot and reach the login screen, my mouse does not work but my keyboard does, so I'm able to type in my password and log in. Once I get past that however, keyboard functionality stops working as well. I cannot go through the keyboard setup process using tab and space to select buttons and confirm. I know my OS isn't freezing because the clock will change when a minute has gone by, so at least I can rule that out. Also, after several minutes of being logged in an error message(s) will pop up telling me something hasn't been installed correctly. It will reference two different kext files which I will show below.

Any and all help is appreciated!

EDIT: I only have a photo of one of the kexts! The other one produces the same exact message but with the IOHIDFamily.kext.

post-1537194-0-01721600-1464216884_thumb.jpeg

... and read this information about Sata Chip for Asus motherboard: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311245-help-topic-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011/page-26?p=2240161&do=findComment&comment=2240161and follow the attached link

or install DCPI-manager and upload the images to see what sata chip is installed

I have the USB fix installed in both E/E and in S/L/E, that was the only way I could boot otherwise I would get the USBEHCI stop/restart loop.

@Spakk I will get on this as soon as I get home tonight from work I appreciate you helping me even further XD

install the usb-fix v3 package only in the folder: S/L/Extensions and remove all the problematic Extensions, as described in the instructions. All other drivers should be installed in the folder E/Extensions (Fakesmc, nullpower,voodops2 ....etc..). then repair the permission and create the prelinked kernel.

install the usb-fix v3 package only in the folder: S/L/Extensions and remove all the problematic Extensions, as described in the instructions. All other drivers should be installed in the folder E/Extensions (Fakesmc, nullpower,voodops2 ....etc..). then repair the permission and create the prelinked kernel.

I tried both of your suggestions, didn't change anything. However, I did learn that my keyboard is actually functioning after all, I just needed to enable full keyboard functionality in OS X. After doing this, I came up with a temporary solution to help attempt solve the issue, as well as others while I'm at it, which was to install Teamviewer and run it from my legit Mac for the time being until I get the USB ports fixed lol

As for my SATA chip, I found out through rigorous online research that my motherboard uses the ASMedia 1042 chip, or at least I'm pretty sure it does. When I run Windows and look at the device IDs, it mentions "1142" but not 1042. Now my question is, would it be possible to inject the device ID into the config.plist like with graphics kexts? Or is it going to be a little more complicated than that? From what I can tell, most of the text is the same except 2 fields which appears to be the device ID and some other set of numbers I have no clue about.

As usual thanks in advance!

I tried both of your suggestions, didn't change anything. However, I did learn that my keyboard is actually functioning after all, I just needed to enable full keyboard functionality in OS X. After doing this, I came up with a temporary solution to help attempt solve the issue, as well as others while I'm at it, which was to install Teamviewer and run it from my legit Mac for the time being until I get the USB ports fixed lol

As for my SATA chip, I found out through rigorous online research that my motherboard uses the ASMedia 1042 chip, or at least I'm pretty sure it does. When I run Windows and look at the device IDs, it mentions "1142" but not 1042. Now my question is, would it be possible to inject the device ID into the config.plist like with graphics kexts? Or is it going to be a little more complicated than that? From what I can tell, most of the text is the same except 2 fields which appears to be the device ID and some other set of numbers I have no clue about.

As usual thanks in advance!

download and install the DPCI-Manager.app, see above under download, or use the google search engine, start the app and upload the images, then we can say more and try to fix the problems

download and install the DPCI-Manager.app, see above under download, or use the google search engine, start the app and upload the images, then we can say more and try to fix the problems

Sorry, I didn't get to work on this further this morning. I will download it tonight and try to run it to find out what I need.

A side note, I could not get my Ethernet connection to work properly last night, OSX acknowledged there is something there under the network settings, however it keeps coming up with the same message to check my Ethernet cable is plugged in, etc. even though I can access the Internet just fine through Windows on the same machine. I installed an Ethernet kext for my particular chip (Realtek 8111) as well as used the boot flag EthernetBuiltIn=Yes but had no luck getting a connection.

Okay so I took a picture of the PCI tables in DPCI Manager, I also managed to extract my DSDT in case that is helpful. It's not actually a zip file so you can just remove the extension to turn it back(for some reason it wouldn't let me upload the file without changing the extension, if this is against the rules somehow I apologize!).

DSDT.aml.zip

post-1537194-0-72764800-1464420597_thumb.jpeg

Okay so I took a picture of the PCI tables in DPCI Manager, I also managed to extract my DSDT in case that is helpful. It's not actually a zip file so you can just remove the extension to turn it back(for some reason it wouldn't let me upload the file without changing the extension, if this is against the rules somehow I apologize!).

Hello, my Asus laptop all USB port is not detected too after updating 10.11.5. What I did is just adding only 1 kext : USBInjectAll.kext to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others. This work perfect. Let you try it?

Hello, my Asus laptop all USB port is not detected too after updating 10.11.5. What I did is just adding only 1 kext : USBInjectAll.kext to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others. This work perfect. Let you try it?

Unfortunately this will not work as that solution is aimed at Intel's EHCI/XHCI controllers, plus I'm not using Clover but rather Enoch because I am running an AMD desktop, though if it worked for an AMD machine I image it would be fine in E/E.

Edit: Spakk do you need more pictures? I figured that and my DSDT would be good enough but if you need a picture of EVERYTHING I'm more than happy to oblige =P