Atheros wireless driver OS X 10.11/12 for unsupported cards

jalavoui

631 posts in this topic

You do not need to install patched kexts when you choose to use Clover KextstoPatch methods and vice versa...

Clover KextstoPatch methods: (10.10.x - 10.12.x)

(AR9462 & AR9463)

Patched kexts: (10.12.x only)

(AR9462 & AR9463)

Patched kexts: (10.11.x only)

(AR9462 & AR9463)

Patched kexts: (10.10.x only)

(AR9462 & AR9463)

Patched kexts: (10.9.x only)
 (AR9462 & AR9463)

You do not need to install patched kexts when you choose to use Clover KextstoPatch methods and vice versa...

Clover KextstoPatch methods: (10.10.x - 10.12.x)

(AR9462 & AR9463)

Patched kexts: (10.12.x only)

(AR9462 & AR9463)

Patched kexts: (10.11.x only)

(AR9462 & AR9463)

Patched kexts: (10.10.x only)

(AR9462 & AR9463)

Patched kexts: (10.9.x only)
 (AR9462 & AR9463)

is there any guide for noobs how to install these kexts?

@sanchower You only download the kext of your WiFi card with kext utility, rebuild the cache and finally reboot. but is better if you search in YouTube the video called "unsupported Mac sierra install wifi fix" and it is the installation explained.

• Like 1

@sanchower You only download the kext of your WiFi card with kext utility, rebuild the cache and finally reboot. but is better if you search in YouTube the video called "unsupported Mac sierra install wifi fix" and it is the installation explained.

thanks, it helps. Finally it works now. 

The only problem is WiFi failed after sleep mode.

Is there any way to fix it?

Hello, I just upgraded to High Sierra 10.13 and my wifi AR9485 has stopped working.

Basically... AR9485.v16.kext is not working anymore for me. I tried to reinstall many times, but nothing, there's no way! :(

Has anyone tried to upgrade to High Sierra yet ? Does it work for you? Please help me.

Hello, I just upgraded to High Sierra 10.13 and my wifi AR9485 has stopped working.

Basically... AR9485.v16.kext is not working anymore for me. I tried to reinstall many times, but nothing, there's no way! :(

Has anyone tried to upgrade to High Sierra yet ? Does it work for you? Please help me.

Yes. It's not working. I've asked @chunnann to make one for 10.13. I hope he read the post. :)

Yes. It's not working. I've asked @chunnann to make one for 10.13. I hope he read the post. :)

oh, thanks! I feel not alone anymore now... ;)

let's hope @chunnann or anyone else reading this topic and with the right skills... can make our wifi card work again in 10.13...

In DSDT PATCHES section,see clover configurator wiki if you still struggling to find it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

The option it's unchecked, well i don't have luck. I tried many times with v16 kext to patch and patched kext but don't work, if anyone have 6595 with 10.12.6 please tell me about how works, thanks! My laptop are asus X556Uqk

Here are the v20. (only for macOS High Sierra). It's a patched version so please don't use it with KextsToPatch because it might not work...

For AR9485 & AR9565, Tx Rate is still limited to 11Mbps maximum...

Thank you. I hope the tx rate will be fixed soon. Only can make it happen. Huhu

Here are the v20. (only for macOS High Sierra). It's a patched version so please don't use it with KextsToPatch because it might not work...

Thank you this worked for my 9565 on High Sierra. But my bluetooth isn't working. Is there a way to get it to work? Bluetooth Vendor ID is 13D3 and Product ID is 3490.

AR946X V16 doesnt work on high sierra. Can you patch for me please? Only work on Sierra.

@chunnann

a boot log with ar9565 behavior, on 10.13.1 (17B25c) 

apparently working as before ;)

<script> </script>

boot-Atheros.txt