Briefly: OSx86 10.4.8 Cracked....Legally?

sHARD>>

66 posts in this topic

Sorry, you must understand, it's perfectly reasonable, I'm so sick of the e-mails and MSN/AIM's I get from n00bs who say "Mac is so slow" and they're running it from their 1.2 ghz P4 with 256 MB RAM and a 16 MB video card.

Do ppl email you personally with this...??? :D

Anyway as far as I have seen most ppl in here have pretty heavy systems. I guess I am one o/t low-lifes in here with my measly P4 3Gz overclocked to 3.2GHz, 2GB ram, ECS 915 chipset mainboard and Radeon X1600.

And I must say. OSX86 runs very well thank you. At leaster faster than a Mac Mini for about the same price and that was my aim. In fact I yesterday installed Windows Vista on it too and even that runs vey well.

Besides I previously had an old G3 300MHz running OSX so I guess those P4 1.2GHz should do reasonably well too. The videocard is not such a big deal and can always be replaced with e.g. a Radeon 9800 orso. The only big issue is RAM.

It's the same on windows XP. Stick'em full o' RAM.

Regards,

EPDM

Troubled you, I could understand your meaning, but I could not well express my meaning actually, ha-ha.

Actually, I am not sure if you understand.

Now my question has solved, Celeron D uses sse3 first, if not good on chooses the sse2 installment, like this may?

No.

Celeron D is an SSE3 chip.

Do not use the "SSE2 Patch" with it.

OS X is wrong when it says Celeron D does not have SSE3 (just ignore that problem).

Try reading my second post above, again. If you still do not understand, perhaps Felix Ding can explain it to you in Chinese: http://www.osx86china.com/

They stopped selling their hardware at almost double the price when they switched to Intel. For example:

[snipped]

The remainder of Apple's linup is meerly comparable to similarly-configured PCs, but the Mac still wins on software.

So that concludes my assault on your theory. Mind you, I'm still not a huge fan of Apple's linup, mainly because Apple does not offer a consumer tower (i.e. an expandable machine in the sub-$1,500 price range). But the machines they do offer are very price competitive.

If you mean by "comparable" including the random shutdowns, noises, bad assembly of low quality china build products etc; then you are so wrong. My self-assembled clone-PC is build way better then ANY brand PC out there. And I believe many brand laptops are also build way better than Apple's products. So the situation today is Apple products have the same price as their PC counterparts but at a lower quality level. I know some will mention the design of Apple's products must account for something too but I've seen PC products (notably Sony's laptops) with comparable designfeatures at better quality levels. So if e.g. Sony CAN do it right, why can't Apple?

I guess it's no wonder why they STILL can't get any more market shar after over a year building Intel boxes. Those self-indulged mac-owners would probably say, it's like a plot NOT to buy Apple computers :-°

Besides Apple must have known that once they'd sleep with Intel their OS would get hacked anyway. So they shouldn't complain now. If they don't want that they ought to stick with PPC or other low-volume cpu's.

Naaah... they only have themselves to blame for their mess. Even the iPods aren't imume for the lousy quality of today's Apple. This is going to backfire, you'll see.

Dude, you have issues.

Apple hardware has the highest quality in the industry

Apple hardware is sold to less people, which allows for greater numbers of satisfaction :2cents:

All Apple hardware is over priced, good or bad$$$$$$ :dance_24:

They don't have superior parts, they have a superior design, and that doesn't justify their superior cost.

They stopped selling their hardware at almost double the price when they switched to Intel.

Did you notice that I wrote: especially upgrades and if you pay in Euro?

True, the 17 inch iMacs and the Mac Pro are not bad value for money, even if in both cases the choice of graphics card is non existent or limited.

However, as yourself realize, iMacs and Mac Pros are not for everybody (the latter is configured more as a server than a desktop/workstation, and the price of RAM upgrades is double).

As to the Mini I did the following: I went here:

www.apple.com/italystore

And selected the 1.83 GHz. I upgraded the RAM to 2 GB and the HD to 160 GB. Grand total: Eur 1,269.00.

That is approximatively 1,614.56 USD!!!

Apple should thank all of the OSX86 devs here. It's free way for Apple to reach out to more customers. If OSX86 works well and people love it (most of us do!), there is a possibility of us getting a REAL Mac next time (when we win the lottery, get Paris Hilton to buy one as a gift). You're missing the point dude. It's a work of art that these guys manage to make normal everyday computers run Mac's OS. So hold on to your horses. I doubt OSX86 on normal PC platforms would ever be running like an actual mac ( Perhaps? )..

Who cares? Get a Mac, do it without an issue.

This whole osx86 thing pisses me off, really.

Apple should thank all of the OSX86 devs here. It's free way for Apple to reach out to more customers.

That line of reasoning could lead to something like this:

"I write computer viruses, so whenever I get a good one and I release it on the unsuspecting world and the Internet, because I cause so many problems for everyone and the companies are forced to write better software that isn't as susceptible to someone like me that has nothing better to do with my time than look for rather insignificant holes in code that only the original programmers would give a damn about, I feel much better about myself and think I'm contributing to society overall."

Sure.

bb