Pandora's Box III

Micky1979

247 posts in this topic

Exactly. If I have time, and if this appeal, I will put some "speak" button in other tabs of the app!

I find that the button is well placed, but it is advisable to click it

because the board is very good ( test.plist  :yes: )

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hey Micky, i am still having issues with trying to get my pendrive to boot properly. here's what has been done so far:

i DL new fresh Yosemite installer and made new pendrive from it using Restore method and added FakeSMC.kext

i decided to install the Enoch bootloader on the drive. i did not pick any options just the basic install. then i copied my DSDT.aml and boot.plist file from my other drive.

on first boot it boots successfully to the installer, but i have no USB response at all.

if i change the USB drivers afterwards by rollback through Zeus (Zeus only has ML  and SL rollback, but i also tried Maverick's version by hand), the result will be that the computer will not boot and gets stuck at 'Attempting to loading drivers'. it behaves the same even if i put the original drivers back. i tried to use either Zeus or Kext Wizard so that it would repair permissions and rebuild cache, but the result is always the same.

the only way to get it to reboot fully after changing the USB drivers in any way is to erase the pendrive and start over from scratch. after this it will boot one time reliably but the USB issue remains.

i don't know why i can only get it to boot just once. if i mess with the kexts at all post booting, some setting gets changed and then i can't boot it anymore. very unreliable. 

also i think i discovered a bug. when attempting to use the ML USB rollback in Zeus no kexts were actually copied to the volume under S/L/E, although the Yosemite versions of the kexts were deleted. this definitely created issues when booting.

will keep working on this of course, but if there's any way to reset the booting i would definitely like to know.

EDIT tried again, this time with adding the USB 3.0 generic driver plus the bootloader. no luck - same issues in booting. it seems that it only works generically out of the box with the latest USB kexts. very frustrating. some day i hope to live in a world where a hackintosh install isn't a 3 day plus nightmare, but so far i've never had that luxury, and we're already at day two.

To the end, your Mobo is UEFI, so should be nice to try Clover that way. As soon you got a new installer, before do anything, please post on the main Topic.. we can try both bootloaders w/o replacing or adding extraneus files to the installer..

I ask you to redone the istaller because you had play too much with the older one.. but you do the same again  :blush:.

Can you please do a fresh installer (one more time)?

Then, I need your vanilla DSDT (better the entire ACPI booting via Clover and pressing F4 at boot.. that will save all tables inside EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin (**important**), do that before redone the installer ) + some information about your mobo, cpu and video card.

Thanks

PS (the fact that you can boot once, It is a symptom that not great things should be done, IMHO).

EDIT

I now see your specification at Asus site (P8Z77V LE PLUS), so you have both USB 3.0 (ASMedia) but also USB 2.0.. so please plug your installer on the 2.0 ports only

okay, an update on the situation - i decided to try using Clover, and i found a way to do it without having to install the bootloader to an existing drive and overwriting my Chameleon/Enoch bootloader. i can see why Clover is popular. i was not only able to easily boot my old drives that were using Chameleon, i was finally able to run the Pandora Installer for Yosemite as well! :)  so i have now successfully installed it and am now working in Yosemite with basically no major issues, using a small pendrive to load Clover and then booting the disk after that. i have onboard sound, network, and video card all recognized. have not tested USB 3.0 yet but i will. technically the drive is clone of my previous drive so all the extra kexts i needed were already in the folder. i've only had to update the Firewire audio driver for my interface.

the only issue i have at the moment is that i cannot shut down or restart. i know there are a number of fixes to this symptom out there so i'll need to research that. i also need to get you the ACPI information by pressing F4 at boot time. at the moment, i'm really exhausted, so i will get you the information when i get some sleep. in the meantime, the hardware specs are:

Mobo:ASUS P8Z77-V-LE Plus - BIOS version 0606 modded (means i do not need NullCPUPowerManager.kext).

CPU - Intel Core i5 3750K

RAM - Kingston Hyper X - 16GB (2 X8GB)

Video Card - Nvidia GTX 650Ti 1GB from PNY

OS Yosemite 10.10.5

Extra Firewire 400 card

as it is, i am currently not using a DSDT in the Clover bootloader pendrive, but it still does exist in my Extra folder on the other drives. i don't know whether Clover takes those folders into account when booting or not. it doesn't really matter - just curious.

once i test USB 3.0 and fix the shutdown/restart glitch i will install Clover to the new main drive and i will be done. i thank you immensely for the help, and sorry if i'm making your life difficult with all the changes. at any rate i think Pandora's Box is a great tool and does quite a lot very efficiently, and i appreciate all the work that went into making a pretty smooth user experience!

best,

scott

• Like 1

Hi Micky,

Thanks for your great tools. I have successfully installed/booted El Capitan 10.11.5 on my Gigabyte H170M-D3H with Intel HD530. The only imperfection I have so far is the picture glitches(flashes) when I was typing and/or when OS was loading pictures.

Other than that, I wondered if there is any way 1) I can activate my Gigabyte GV-R7770-1GD? Current UEFI booting will result in mostly black screen or grey or scrambled video signals sometimes. 2) Fresh install and boot El Capitan to Intel NVME SSD 750 at UEFI mode.

FYI, my main hardwares are Gigabyte H170M-D3H, Intel I3-6300, Intel SSD 530G, Kingston 8G 2133 DDR4 X2, Intel SSD 750 NVME 400G. 

Your prompt attention and favorable response will be greatly appreciated. 

How do you remove the helper tool that is installed with Pandora's Box?

Where is it located on the HD?

Sorry did not notice those posts. BTW I'already answered you in PM. 

The Helper Tool is the reccomended way by Apple to perform elevated privileges and work through XPC service. Basically is a Server for Pandora.

There are 3 components:

• Pandora
  • /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.InsanelyMac.PandoraHelper.plist
  • /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.InsanelyMac.PandoraHelper

(you will see other of them from other apps you have)

all of them has the same exactly signature signed with a certificate authority, means always app I have are signed with the same certificate.

OSX grant Elevate privilege only if the signature is the same on the 3 files. This for security reasons, meaning non other program can take possession and perform task through Pandora.

the installation method of The HelperTool and the daemon are strictly performed using apple private API (OSX check and allow the files or not).

To uninstall, if you really want that, select "Reinstall Helper Tool" from the menu of Pandora's Box. This way the Helper will removed. When Pandora ask to reinstall him, just disagree. 

Also this way the app will terminate by itself.

To the end this app use latest thecnology by Apple in safety. Only the best.

Hi Micky,

Thanks for your great tools. I have successfully installed/booted El Capitan 10.11.5 on my Gigabyte H170M-D3H with Intel HD530. The only imperfection I have so far is the picture glitches(flashes) when I was typing and/or when OS was loading pictures.

Other than that, I wondered if there is any way 1) I can activate my Gigabyte GV-R7770-1GD? Current UEFI booting will result in mostly black screen or grey or scrambled video signals sometimes. 2) Fresh install and boot El Capitan to Intel NVME SSD 750 at UEFI mode.

FYI, my main hardwares are Gigabyte H170M-D3H, Intel I3-6300, Intel SSD 530G, Kingston 8G 2133 DDR4 X2, Intel SSD 750 NVME 400G. 

Your prompt attention and favorable response will be greatly appreciated. 

glad that works.

The only unstable component in your System is the  Intel SSD 750 NVME 400G., trouble with it

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm ... looks like it can't handle a home directory on another volume.  The home directory for normal user is on /Volume/Users/<username> rather than /Users/<username>

post-240958-0-98406800-1467957919_thumb.png

That comes up after clicking on Hermes or Zeus.

Version 3.015 (3015)

Thanks. Usernane is returned by NSUsername() function of Cocoa so is handeled by him. Let me look for a possible solution, and thanks again for reporting this!

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to add the dmg for the installer to Hermes.  Problem is, it cannot find my OS partition.  Downloads folder/Documents/Desktop, nothing is in those, and the OS partition is missing.  Any pointers as to why i can't see my files?  In finder they are all there, its just in this program Im having the problems.

Hermes, Hera and Zeus are executed by root, so on the left bar, what you see, are the Documents/Folder of the root user and not your. 

post-674334-0-67235800-1468951962_thumb.png

You cannot click near the arrow?  ..and navigate all your paths?

You should have also someting similar to "Micky1979's MacBook Pro" that show you all of your drives

Hermes, Hera and Zeus are executed by root, so on the left bar, what you see, are the Documents/Folder of the root user and not your. 

attachicon.gifdesk.png

You cannot click near the arrow?  ..and navigate all your paths?

You should have also someting similar to "Micky1979's MacBook Pro" that show you all of your drives

This worked.  Thank you.  I didn't notice the top drop down.  I was dealing with the left bar.

• Like 1

Ok  :)

The panel is set to "/Applications" as default, maybe "your Mac" (all of the drives) is better?

It makes more sense that way to me.  I mean, i guess it should have been obvious i could use that drop down, but using the left panel in finder a lot, i just figured it'd all be the same.

Normally regular apps stay in /Applications and Hermes automatically select one (the newer) if found, so 99% of times you have to do nothing. Other hackintosh apps require strictly to be there.

But yes, this can be done, anyway this will be indipendent thing