Pandora's Box III

Micky1979

247 posts in this topic

I think that this is an old and known Apple bug, so I need a test from you using the actual app you have (r3.004):

set your system to English languages in System Preferences->Languages and regions-> English must be the first.

reboot, open Hermes an see if is ok. 

If you confirm my suspicion, fix is easy.. please try

I think that this is an old and known Apple bug, so I need a test from you using the actual app you have (r3.004):

set your system to English languages in System Preferences->Languages and regions-> English must be the first.

reboot, open Hermes an see if is ok. 

If you confirm my suspicion, fix is easy.. please try

You're right, it works in English

I can make the video now

Thank you

post-1181448-0-87271300-1459356944_thumb.png

• Like 1

It is normal, last night I fell asleep before putting online the r3.005 as update  :hysterical: .

Anyway never mind, new r3.006 is online with new Clover r3398 inside (soon in the Download Section too).

C.Frio, in the next release I will add you as tester in the "Credits"  :yes:
Thanks
  • Like 1

Hej Micky1979, I was just wondering how Ares is generating the Serial Number, Board Serial Number and MLB.

Since there a lot of threads about the iMessag Fix and how to generate what and so on...

I want to start again with a new clean install (iMac17,1 on 10.11.4) and make sure I don't have to face with any issues regarding iMessage.

Thank you so much for this great tool and keep up the good work!

Hej Micky1979, thank you for your response.

There's also this one [GUIDE] How to fix iMessage using Clover [2015] and at other forums different approaches and opinions (e.g. creating the MLB using the serial number and adding random alphanumeric characters to make up the correct length or MLB=BSN or...)

That's why I was just curious which process you chose.

Is MLB=BSN? Because Ares is generating two different numbers for me.

Concerning the SmUUID, do you prefer leaving it blank at SMBIOS and choose "Inject System ID"? And if so, do I have to press "Generate New" or just check "Inject System ID" and set "ROM = UseMacAddr0"? Sorry, if this is off topic, but I really want to understand and use Ares the right way – so I don't have to bother e.g. with iMessage in the future.

Thanks so much again.

Hej Micky1979, thank you for your response.

There's also this one [GUIDE] How to fix iMessage using Clover [2015] and at other forums different approaches and opinions (e.g. creating the MLB using the serial number and adding random alphanumeric characters to make up the correct length or MLB=BSN or...)

That's why I was just curious which process you chose.

Is MLB=BSN? Because Ares is generating two different numbers for me.

Concerning the SmUUID, do you prefer leaving it blank at SMBIOS and choose "Inject System ID"? And if so, do I have to press "Generate New" or just check "Inject System ID" and set "ROM = UseMacAddr0"? Sorry, if this is off topic, but I really want to understand and use Ares the right way – so I don't have to bother e.g. with iMessage in the future.

Thanks so much again.

When I said "based on SMBIOS choosen" I was not mean "based on serial number you have", but what I mean is based on the "ProductName" choosen, so that Ares know what to do.. different thing.

About the SmUUID, well, Ares warn you if you don't have this parameter set (in SMBIOS or in SystemParameters sections), because this is needed by Ares to calulate new MLB (but once you have create it in RTVariable you can also remove it from other sections).

BSN in Clover is the same as MLB (Board Serial Number that is the serial of Main Logic Board). But Clover will use RTVariables to store those/these values in your NVRAM, so RTVariables takes precedence on values inside your SMBIOS, so it's up to you being consistent with what you write in the 3 sections of the config.plist.

UseMacAddr0/1 is there because Clover will use your real mac address if set, instead Ares will modify your real one detetcted modding the first part with a real Apple prefix.

Inject System ID is also used by Clover to inject one you prefear, but this functionalities was introduced to permit old Chemeleon users to continue use the uuid used with Chameleon to not break their working state with iMessage ;). So you only know if you need a new uuid. I mean, if you are at the first attemp with a new account you don't need a fake uuid, but use instead the one from your system (Get It*), so Ares is able to read it and use it to generate a credible MLB.

Another thing, before try the connection to iMessage you can see in Ares (under RTVariables section) if those values are correctly injected (ie if are the same you have set in RTVariables), so disconnect your Internet connection before do it.

EDIT

13 length MLB is actually preferable and reported as working for many many users...

Hope it help

This video is amazing  :D, thanks for your time! Is online but I receive an error: 

"this video contains content from wmg. it is restricted from playback on certain sites"

It's ok for you using WebKintosh?

This video is amazing  :D, thanks for your time! Is online but I receive an error: 

"this video contains content from wmg. it is restricted from playback on certain sites"

It's ok for you using WebKintosh?

I can eliminate the music but it's less pleasant

post-1181448-0-34164400-1459789867_thumb.png

• Like 1