[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) FX Kernel Task Force

spakk

1,227 posts in this topic

I think, that is the solution, please test and report. :) , I look just only to the icons, not on programs app that could possibly crash

AMD10112_SSEPlus_3.zip

• Like 1

I think, that is the solution, please test and report. :) , I look just only to the icons, not on programs app that could possibly crash

tested on 10.11.5 your iokit.framework causes system halt (some dylib dependency is missing) had to use the vanilla one with the rest of the frameworks and kernel and system.kext to boot, icons are still green :( i'm gonna try shanee's kernel now.

With shanee's kernel and system.kext icons are light blue.

The kernel that couldn't  log in reminded me something, there is a file in /S/L/PrivateFrameworks called LoginUIKit.framework with a plugin called LoginUICore.framework inside it's resources you will find the apple logo icon back and forward icons and some other of the missing ones the icons seem to be intact at least preview loads them but when i tried to replace those files from yosemite my system couldn't log in also stopped  at black screen with mouse,i don't know if it helps you guys.

Edited by steparab
  • Like 2

Thanks for this AMD_10112_SSEPLus_3 kernel which can login desktop for FX-6300 and no crash of apps, unfortunately there is no change for glitchy icons.

I just replaced kernel only without modification of Frameworks.

Please test this one. Not a debug kernel this time.

This kernel-amd can login desktop for FX-6300, but there is no change for glitchy icons.

It interfered flash plugin in Firefox and also disabled HDMI audio.

I just replaced kernel only without modification of Frameworks.

• Like 2

Please do not paste the frameworks 1: 1 in to S / L / Frameworks /! only merge! otherwise the system will not boot. I was assuming that we have written in the previous pages.

Please do not paste the frameworks 1: 1 in to S / L / Frameworks /! only merge! otherwise the system will not boot. I was assuming that we have written in the previous pages.

I did not change any Frameworks to test your kernel.

Only replaced previous kernel by your kernel.

It really worked for FX-6300 with every app I used often.

Hope it can solve the problem of glitchy icons, but unfortunately it failed again !

• Like 1

I did not change any Frameworks to test your kernel.

Only replaced previous kernel by your kernel.

It really worked for FX-6300 with every app I used often.

Hope it can solve the problem of glitchy icons, but unfortunately it failed again !

I mean steparab and possibly the other user 

check that

AMD10112_SSEPlus_4_test deleted

• Like 1

I think, that is the solution, please test and report.  :) , I look just only to the icons, not on programs app that could possibly crash

Attached Files

Merged frameworks copied kernel installed system.kext repaired perms rebuilt caches --->System starts Icons are green :(

same result also with the AMD10112_SSEPlus_4_test.zip :(

Edited by steparab
  • Like 1

We need to find the difference between green and blue icons

Shane, probably it is the missing FMA4 instruction, we use FMA, which differs to AMD "FMA4".
AMD "Bulldozer" use the FMA3- and AMD "Piledriver" use FMA4-Instruction.
For exclude only FMA, AVX1 and AVX2 instructions will not be the solution to the problem, in my opinion.
please read the PDF, from page 2.

FMA3/ FMA4FMA3 and FMA4 differ only in their usage of memory registers. In the multiply-accumulate operationd = a + (b * c)FMA3 requires that the target d be either a, b, or c. FMA4 allows the target to be a fourth register.UsageSupport for FMA4 is indicated by the value in bit 16 in ECX when calling CPUID function 0x8000_0001.Code Example – Dot ProductThe code below calculates the dot product of odd = [1, 3, 5] and even = [2, 4, 6] as shown in the exampleabove. It calls the _mm_macc_ss intrinsic which takes three arguments [src1, src2, src3] and returns src3 +(src1 * src2). It is a scalar operation, processing only the lowest order 32-bit value in the 128-bit register.

I have tried last week but unfortunately, I get a couple of errors in the implementation..
As a basis see here the contribution of Agner

and look here: AMD64 Architecture Programmer’s Manual Volume 6: 

128-Bit and 256-Bit XOP and FMA4 Instructions

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Guys, what if we fakecpuid to the bootloader to see the buldozer core as phenom II and you create a kernel with only phenom ii instuctions? How kernel panic that thing will be?

@steparab,

my knowledge is unfortunately limited, since I'm not a programmer. The programmers have the stuff to implement this properly, on the basis of the upper information,
that I have made.
I think that the changes should be made in to: .../SSEPlus/....
SSEPlus_emulation_REF.h
SSEPlus_emulation_SSE2.h
sseplus_native_SSE5.h
and to insert of the instrset.h in /SSEPlus/, as well as changes in to .../i386/... in to CPUID.h, CPUID.c, Commpage.c, if possible adjustments the cpu_capabilities.h, mp_desc.c and the proc_reg.h.

....every idea can be useful, therefore, any constructive criticism is very welcome.

check that

Thanks for this SSEPlus_4_test kernel which worked for FX-6300 hackintosh and no crash for my mostly use apps.

Unfortunately there is no change of glitchy icons yet.

See my diff rc1 here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312297-el-capitan-kernel-diffpatches/

cpuid.c and mtrr.c changed icons blue. Try comparing our files.

Edit: Two new kernels to test.

Thanks for these 2 new kernels and both did not change glitchy icons for FX-6300 hackintosh.

Both disabled my HDMI audio.

Kernel-a also interfered Desktop and Firefox severely and made it useless.

Kernel-b did not find such a disadvantage except glitchy icons and disabled HDMI audio.

@jsl, that is a misunderstanding with the two kernels of shane. This information was meant for me. This kernel should I compare with my kernel. :-))

Thanks for this SSEPlus_4_test kernel which worked for FX-6300 hackintosh and no crash for my mostly use apps.

Unfortunately there is no change of glitchy icons yet.

Thanks for these 2 new kernels and both did not change glitchy icons for FX-6300 hackintosh.

Both disabled my HDMI audio.

Kernel-a also interfered Desktop and Firefox severely and made it useless.

Kernel-b did not find such a disadvantage except glitchy icons and disabled HDMI audio.

@jsl, that is a misunderstanding with the two kernels of shane. This information was meant for me. This kernel should I compare with my kernel. :-))

Thanks for testing. Seems I messed up with these two. 

Spakk I'll look into FMA4 but would be great if a Dev could help out...

can someone test this kernel.

AMD10112_SSEPlus_4.1 deleted

can someone test this kernel.

This SSEPlus-4.1 kernel can login desktop for FX-6300 hackintosh with invalid opcode (32 bit) during booting.

No change for glitchy icons.

It also disable HDMI audio and crashed too many apps in my hackintosh.

post-70188-0-61148400-1464485131_thumb.png

Kernel AMD10112_SSEPlus_4.3.zip runs good, still has icon bug. If you need more than the machdep I provided I can post (I believe this is the info you wanted), but looking how to put in hide button so I don't cover page with just results.

machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 PCLMULQDQ MON SSSE3 CX16 SSE4.1 SSE4.2 POPCNT AES XSAVE OSXSAVE AVX1.0
machdep.cpu.extfeatures: SYSCALL 1GBPAGE EM64T LAHF LZCNT PREFETCHW RDTSCP TSCI

• Like 1

any information is helpful, many thanks

are the icons unchanged?

Edit:

the sysctl does not shown the FMA4 instruction, I have to revise the kernel

I have been using a shaneee kernel so I notice the color change of Icons, but I don't know if there is any change beyond that. I will look at some of your older kernels and let you know.

@ kbwojo

upload the picture of the icon, plz.

Edit:

I think that the implementation, of the lack instructionen can be successfully implemented by an experienced kernel programmer in a few hours. but unfortunately, our programmer have no time.

all previous amd kernels for FX CPUs cause problems with icons, therefore save yourself the trouble with testing older kernels. Therefore wait for newer experimential kernels.