[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

Here is a small how-to:

The installation is very simple, follow the tutorial from Shaneee, create a USB installer, or use a clone of a real Mac or Intel hackintosh .... for users with X2 and X4 CPUs followed the instructions and use the files from Shaneee. 

video tutorial from Shaneee:

Users with X6 CPU with Gigabyte board, can also work with other boards
installs the Extra folder in your root directory, install your own DSDT.aml (no need, works even without), install your own SMBIOS.plist and if you have another chipset driver, then use your chipset driver and put this in the /Extra/Extensions/ folder.

then install Enoch bootloader v.2795,, make no unnecessary selection!  see Video Tutorial.

bootargs should be possible: -f -v npci=0x3000  (user with Nvidia graphics cards, should boot the first start with bootargs: --> -v -f npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1  

then start from USB-Install drive, do not be impressed by the boot errors, after a while the desktop is booted, then install El Capitan on a free partition.

(for Nvidia graphic cards users, after installation, then install the Web Drivers by using the NVIDIA® WebDriver Updater.app_v1.4, see download 
and edit the org.chamelon.bootflist ---> -v -f npci=0x3000 nvda_drv=1

AppleTMC ... and AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext can be deleted in S/L/E , repair the permissions, ready to install.
After that open the iorregExplorer.app and modify the DSDT.

in my case, I've inserted my **amd kernel in my Extra folder, so that no problems can arise after an update.

**In order I've only tested my last kernel and the kernel from Bronya, so i can say both kernels working great with my CPU!

thanks for info spakk.... okay i got this question: i created vanilla usb installer with basesystem.dmg... patched wit mbr patch.... used 10.11r2 kernel from bronya...ive already installed enoch (last version) to usb.... pasted in extra folder dsdt.aml from y24ku with org.chameleon.boot.plist argue csractiveconfig 0something flag . i got a hd 5450 working with vga  only... so i normally use bootflag npci=0x2000. (thats what it works, 0x3000 dont work for me at all)... and when i try to boot usb installer i put -v npci=0x2000 but then it boot loop usbehci@something stst... what else can i do to make working my usb?

edited: i have used before extra/extensions folder by shaneee in my usb with same results. obviously in other usb mbr patched el capo  installer 

Do not restarting your computer, wait a few minutes, then it Should be Achieved your desktop. .... So I had the same error message with usbehci@.... blablabla ..,if it should not reach the desktop/or do not work, then your system will automatically shut down, so be a little patient and wait. :)

upload the contents of your org.chameleon.boot.plist here, to check if everything is entered correctly.

• Like 1

Do not restarting your computer, wait a few minutes, then it Should be Achieved your desktop. .... So I had the same error message with usbehci@.... blablabla ..,if it should not reach the desktop/or do not work, then your system will automatically shut down, so be a little patient and wait. :)

upload the contents of your org.chameleon.boot.plist here, to check if everything is entered correctly.

okay... only csr active config 103. kernel flags -v -f npci=0x2000. so i need to download extra.zip and just change org.chameleon.boot npci 3000 to 2000 right ?

:D.

edit: okay... im putting dsdt.aml from my system without patching at all... in extra folder. i put extra folder extensions and org. cham.boot.. i just change 3000 to 2000. ill see what happens

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

Then add your own patched DSDT (error-free) in the Extra folder and change the line in the org.chameleon.boot.plist. It should max. take 5 minutes to load into desktop.

Then add your own patched DSDT (error-free) in the Extra folder and change the line in the org.chameleon.boot.plist. It should max. take 5 minutes to load into desktop.

okay. thats the deal. i got virgin dsdt and y2k4u gave 3 dsdt patched files but dont work. is there any method or any guide to diy dsdt patching? 

im going to try dsdt s again bro.

what do  i need to change men? what flag am i need to use?

I wish all here present user a Happy New Year 2016!

okay. thats the deal. i got virgin dsdt and y2k4u gave 3 dsdt patched files but dont work. is there any method or any guide to diy dsdt patching? 

im going to try dsdt s again bro.

what do  i need to change men? what flag am i need to use?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>DSDT</key>                  <--
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string> <---if your boot with a DSDT, then you have entry this in the boot.plist
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>/Extra/kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v -f npci=0x2000 useKernelCache=No</string> <--you can try without "UseKernelCache=No"
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
	<key>USBLegacyOff</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
  • Like 2

I wish all here present user a Happy New Year 2016!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>/Extra/kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v -f npci=0x2000 useKernelCache=No</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
	<key>USBLegacyOff</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

here goes nothing ;D!!!

in my case. I've used a clone from my iMac, it worked right away.

the kernels working well, it's just the fu...ing problem with the USB.

you can test with this kernel.

my first kernel created on El Capitan :drool: .

this is not a new kernel, it's only tried to build on El Capitan (this is based on 10.11_SSSEPlus_V2)

@Bronya, could you fix the issue in the source? I am very curious if you were able to resolve the issue. I was with my attempt on the wood way away.

Kernels.zip

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

you can test with this kernel.

my first kernel created on El Capitan :drool: .

this is not a new kernel, it's only tried to build on El Capitan (this is based on 10.11_SSSEPlus_V2)

@Bronya, could you fix the issue in the source? I am very curious if you were able to resolve the issue. I was with my attempt on the wood way away.

i will try your kernel dude. dsdt created by y2k4u didnt work . do the same bootlooping stuff. ive sent y2k4u pm to try to solve usb f"#% ... trouble

update : i tried with spakk version of bronya kernel.... not fixing usbehci f$%$ messages. usb its not allowing me to install el capo :(

:)

bonne année !!!  

mercy mon ami gils :3. 

pareil pour toi :yes: 
  • Like 1

Try making a partition on your HDD and using that as a installer.

• Like 1

im going to test it. thanks spakk :3

update: usbehci bootlooping after 1 hour . no shutdown . no installation menu... no ... nothing :s

https://youtu.be/ggknauiO4Y0

I also have this error. Although using on board vga gets me stuck on PCI Config Begin.

I have done this, but have not tried to boot using on board Sata. I will try

ive tried that too but el capo app its a encrypted dmg so i cant install mbr patch on dmg... im going to try erasing el capo app from apps and install the usb main content. i hope it works

used el capo app on usb but always appears a error message about not allowing to install from usb device. i were not allowed to mbr patch mi capo . app. ive tried many things but i have my yosemite in mbr partition record. kinda complicated not installing in guid because i have an iextreme hacked burner and xgd3 app for mac. i installed el capo in yosemite but as its guid install and my yosemite its mbr didnt even allowed me to boot XD

ive tried that too but el capo app its a encrypted dmg so i cant install mbr patch on dmg... im going to try erasing el capo app from apps and install the usb main content. i hope it works

used el capo app on usb but always appears a error message about not allowing to install from usb device. i were not allowed to mbr patch mi capo . app. ive tried many things but i have my yosemite in mbr partition record. kinda complicated not installing in guid because i have an iextreme hacked burner and xgd3 app for mac. i installed el capo in yosemite but as its guid install and my yosemite its mbr didnt even allowed me to

Have you tried cloning your usb drie with the mbr patch onto the HDD partition

• Like 1

Have you tried cloning your usb drie with the mbr patch onto the HDD partition

mmm... never crossed my mind dude... :o.... whit disk utility... like preparing usb , right ? ;D

• Like 1

mmm... never crossed my mind dude... :o.... whit disk utility... like preparing usb , right ? ;D

Yep (and BTW I'll be your friend ;) ).

• Like 1

Yep (and BTW I'll be your friend ;) ).

thanks bro . like tzun su says: build a powerfull army . :thumbsup_anim:   :D . i am choosing brothers in arms for the insanelymac purpose.  :yes:. im noob but i learn very quickly :3 . happy new year for all of you guys B)

• Like 1

GTX 960

boot with nv_disable=1 and install weddrivernV and reboot with nvda_drv=1 now if no boot deleted AppleGraphicsControl.kext

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=ggknauiO4Y0

my graphics are amd ati radeon hd 5450 1 gig ddr3 .

so its not usb its graphics. got my hd5450 el capo kexts... i boot with it with no kext cache right?

idem 

GraphicsEnabler=Yes , if no boot deleted AppleGraphicsControl.kext