[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

Updates:

Updated October 5 2015

-Added Usb Injector kext to attached Clover Folder.

-Updated clover.conf for USB Injector kext

-Updated PDF File

Updated October 7 2015

-DSDT edited for HDEF Device Error which caused

AppleHDA Sound to not work without HDAEnabler.kext

Updated October 17 2015

-Added Injection Method for AppleHDA Sound

Updated October 23 2015

-Added Update 10.11.1, Updated Clover Folder to V3

Run OSX El Capitan on a Dell Optiplex (780) (760) (755) (790) (990)

1. Credits/Sources 

Everything OSx86-related is a collaborative effort amongst people who enjoy doing these things, as well as those of us who enjoy tweaking and experimenting with things. Below are a list of sources used to compile this guide:

1. OSX86 Wiki
  2. InsanelyMac
  3. Slice, and all testers who help with development of the Clover Bootloader
  4. polyzargone, MacPeet, Chris1111 and all other forum members who have posted in this topic and helping out the community.
  5. All of pepto's Previous Optiplex 780 (760) Guides! Mountain Lion 10.8.XMavericks 10.9.XYosemite 10.10.X. :)

2. Requirements

Here are the requirements:

1. A Dell Optiplex 780 (760) – This is necessary to install OS X El Capitan for this tutorial
  2. A working Install of Mac OS X – This can be in the form of an existing hackintosh, a virtual machine within Windows or Linux, or even a regular Mac. If you don’t have any of these things, then find someone who can help you out for a while. I prefer using a hackintosh with OS X Mavericks or Yosemite.
  3. Using an already working copy of Mac OS X either in a VM or a native hackintosh install is HIGHLY recommended.
  4. A 16GB USB flash drive (or larger) – We’ll be copying the files to the drive appropriately, so make sure that you have a flash drive with enough storage space (16GB or larger).
  5. A copy of OS X El Capitan  – If you don’t have a App Store Account, then create one to download OS X El Capitan for free!
  6. 30-60 minutes of time – Depending on how tech-savvy you are, this may be quick, or it may take a while.
  7. An SSD or HDD to install 10.11 to – For me, I used a 1TB partition to install 10.11 to.
  8. A PCI Express Video Card – For use with QE and CI.  I use a Ati Radeon HD5450 1GB but 512MB or 2GB also works.
  9. This Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3.zip file, and the latest Clover Bootloader contains everything that you need to get your flash drive and hackintosh properly prepared.

3. My Specs

My installation was successfully done on an Dell Optiplex 780 Desktop computer with the following specs.

NOTE: A PCI video card is recommended to use the full potential of OS X El Capitan because the on board video card doesn't support QE/CI.

• Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz
  • 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM
  • Western Digital 1TB HDD
  • ATI RADEON HD5450 1GB
  • Intel WG82567LM Gigabit LAN Onboard
  • ADI 1984A HDA Audio Onboard
  • Acer H243H 24" Monitor 1680×1050 display
  • Bluetooth - USB Broadcom BCM20702 (works OOB)
  • Logitech C615 HD Webcam (works OOB)
  • Bluetooth  Keyboard (Generic Branded)
  • Bluetooth Mouse (Generic Branded)

4. Download OS X El Capitan

1. Open Mac App Srore.
  2. Login with your Apple ID.
  3. Download OS X El Capitan.
  4. Done!

The Application INSTALL OS X El Capitan will appear in /Applications

5. Prepare Bootable USB Installer

I recommend using Chris1111's app for creating your USB Installer. It is a great timesaver!   :thumbsup_anim: 

* You must have OS X Mavericks or above to use this app, if not, you can also create USB Installer with this method here.

1. Download App Here , or here.

2. Follow instructions in first Post for creating USB Installer

3. Select Install in ESP

4. Select Create Installer. This step may take some time, good time to get a cold drink. :)

5. After App is finished, you will see EFI Partition of USB Installer on your Desktop.

6. Open EFI Partition, then open EFI Folder, copy and paste the clover folder from Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3.zip, to the EFI Folder, choose to replace folder.

7. There are 2 different DSDT's in the Optiplex 780 (760) folder. Copy the appropriate DSDT for your installation to: EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

8. Download the latest version of Clover Bootloader and copy it to the root of your USB Installer.

9. USB Installer Pen is Done! :)

6. Install OS X El Capitan

This part is the most time consuming. Using a USB 4G flash drive will help things out quite a bit.

1.     Shut down computer.

2.     Power on unit while tapping F2 Key. Enter BIOS, change SATA operation to AHCI.

3.     Save and reboot.

4.     Press the F12 key to choose boot device, select USB device.

5.     When clover boot screen is visible, choose boot “Mac OS  X from El Capitan USB Installer”.

6.     The system will then boot into OS X installer.

7.     For a new installation of OS X, you must erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing.

If you are upgrading from Lion, Mountain lion, Mavericks or Yosemite and you want to keep your files and apps, skip steps a – j.

a.     Choose Disk Utility.

b.     Highlight your target drive for El Capitan installation in the left column.

c.      Click Partition tab.

d.     Click Current and choose 1 Partition.

e.     Click Options…

f.      Choose GUID Partition Table.

g.     Under name: Type El Capitan, (you can change it later if desired).

h.     Under Format: Choose Mac OS Extended (Jornaled).

i.      Click Apply then Partition.

j.      Close Disk Utility.

8.     When the installer asks you where to install, choose El Capitan Hard Drive.

9.     Upon completion, system will restart a 1st time.

10.  Press F12 Key to choose the boot device.

11.  When the Clover Boot screen is visible, Choose your El Capitan Hard Drive.

12.  You will eventually get to the setup screens for OS X El Capitan. Go through the setup process to setup OS X El Capitan.

13.  Choose at, “How do I connect to the internet”… “MY Computer Does Not Connect to the Internet”, we will fix this later, go further with the setup process.

14.  The setup process will take about 3 minutes.

15. Done!

7. Adjust some settings in OS X 10.11

1. Once in 10.11 go to finder –preferences –General and choose in "show these items on the desktop"
  2. - Hard Disk
  3. - External Disk
  4. - CD
  5. Go also to System Preferences – Security & Privacy click on the lock icon in the lower-left corner and type your password.
  6. Under, "Allow apps downloaded from", click on "Anywhere"
  7. Close system preferences.

8. Installing The Clover Bootloader on Your Hackintosh

The following instructions may appear a bit oversimplified, but we are trying to keep it simple for first-time Clover Bootloader users.

Copy the Clover Installer from the root of your El Capitan USB Installer to your Desktop:

1. Open Clover package installer.
  2. Hit Continue, Continue, Change Install Location....
  3. Choose your HD, now called El Capitan.
  4. Hit Customize and install Clover with the following Custom Install settings: (see images below)
  5. After installation of the Clover Bootloader, the EFI Partition of your El Capitan Hard Drive should be mounted on your Desktop.
  6. Copy the Clover folder from the Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3.zip into your El Capitam EFI Partition > EFI Folder. Make sure to choose to Replace the Clover folder.
  7. In Tools Folder of Clover 760-780.zip, Open Clover Configurator.
  8. Click FileOpen File, and Select config.plist in EFI/EFI/Clover
  9. Click on SMBIOS in right-side pane, and create your new SMBIOS, (iMac 10,1) with Random Serial Number.  
  10. Copy paste this SN into Board Serial Number and add enough Letters/digits to make it a 17 character number.
  11. Open a command terminal, run the following command: "uuidgen", paste the result in SMUUID box in Clover.
  12. Close Clover Configurator, Save changes.
  13. There are 2 different DSDT's in the Optiplex 780 (760) folder. Copy the appropriate DSDT for your installation to: EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.
  14. Finished! Now, Remove the USB Installer and Reboot into OS X El Capitan   :)

Select Destination Partition: El Capitan Hard Drive

Install Clover in ESP, Install boot0af in MBR, CloverEFI 64-Bits SATA 

Expand Themes, Select BootCamp

Install RC Scripts In Target Volume, Install Clover Preference Pane

9. Video

There are two DSDT's included in Optiplex 780 (760 folder. One DSDT is already edited for HD5450 Sound Cards, The other DSDT is a Generic DSDT

to be used with Video Cards other than the HD5450. The appropriate DSDT for your Video Card should be copied to EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

10. AppleHDA Sound and HDMI Sound

Method 1:

Use Kext Utility to install MacPeet's  AppleHDA Version 3 kext. This kext will need to be reinstalled after a system update.

Method 2:

Injection Method, this method does not require kext to be reinstalled following a system update.

Use AppleHDA and realtekALC kexts from this folder. Install AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E,  Rebuild cache.

Place realtekALC.kext in EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11.  Use Clover Configurator to make necessary edits, as in included image.      

11. Ethernet: 

Install Intel82566MM.kext that is inside Ethernet Folder. 

AppleIntelE1000.kext can be used if you have problems with your Ethernet, it works better for some people.

12. iMessage & FaceTime

iMessage and FaceTime should be fully functional. If you get an error message signing in, check to be sure that you 

correctly followed steps 8 - 12 in Section 8: Installing The Clover Bootloader on Your Hackintosh.

13. Updating To 10.11.6

1.  Download the 10.11.6 Combo Update. Download

2.  Install Update

3.  Computer Will Reboot After Update is Complete

4.  For Injection-Method Sound, No Updates to Kexts Should Be Necessary

5.  For AppleHDA Sound, (non-injection Method) use Kext Utility to Reinstall AppleHDA.kext. Reboot!

Whats's working?

Just about everything. :)

• AppleHDA Sound, and Sound Over HDMI works using MacPeet's  AppleHDA Version 3 kext,, or Clover Sound Injection Method   :thumbsup_anim:
  • iMessage and FaceTime Works
  • All USB Ports, (thanks to polyzargon for USB injector Kext). :)
  • Sleep is also working with the included DSDT. 
  • Wake from sleep from Bluetooth Device is working.
  • Radeon HD5450 Video Card is working without any kext edits needed using included DSDT.

Helpfull Links/Tools: Latest Clover BootloaderClover Configurator , TextWrangler , PlistEdit Pro , IORegistryExplorer HWSensors .

PDF Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan.pdf  Generic 760/780: DSDT.aml.zip  (Not Patched for HD5450 Video)

Working Optiplex 790 (990): 790_Clover.zip

Complete Guide, Including PDF and All Linked Utilities >>> Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v4

Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3.zip

Edited by morpheousman
  • Like 16

[uPDATE] : All my following posts are left here just for the record. EVERYTHING is now fixed and OK if you follow the awesome Guide from Morpheousman in post #1 just above :thumbsup_anim:

------------------------------------------

Same here on 10.11.1 Beta 15B17c.

I also discover that one of the front USB port has a strange behavior when using new DSDT and DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext posted here as you can see above :wacko:.

This external USB 2.0 disk is listed as internal, physical :

/dev/disk2 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk2
   1:             Windows_FAT_32 EFI                     367.0 MB   disk2s1
   2:               Windows_NTFS Windows                 537.3 GB   disk2s2
   3:                  Apple_HFS Stockage                462.5 GB   disk2s3

Connected to another port, the disk is correctly see as external (orange icons).

The point here is that I had no such issues with Public Beta 6…

post-1163891-0-81403800-1443026298.png

post-1163891-0-01675900-1443026309.png

• Like 3

Hi morpheousman !   cool app is here 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307003-clover-os-x-el-capitan-usb/

and always Update! Now  Installer V4 support El Capitan GM 

I see your about this Mac System Logo , you have 

Withe square in the image :(  You can using this one attaching if you whant? 

• Like 2

Hi morpheousman !   cool app is here 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307003-clover-os-x-el-capitan-usb/

and always Update! Now  Installer V4 support El Capitan GM 

I see your about this Mac System Logo , you have 

Withe square in the image :(  You can using this one attaching if you whant? 

Thanks for logo!

I will change the link to the App in my first post as well.

Thank you!  :thumbsup_anim:

I will

• Like 1

Actually, there's no need to use any third party installer.

The method to create the USB pen is strictly the same than it is for Yosemite in the previous guide. There's One boot-arg to add in RtVariables in the config.plist and that's it.

And this boot arg is just a field to fill in Clover Configurator (v. 4.24.0 is mandatory) and the value is 0x3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this app is useless but the guide is specifically designed for Optiplex Series and includes a bunch of files that makes it working near perfect (at least on Yosemite).

El Capitan needs some adjustments but anyway, this app or any other one won't fix anything on that matter.

• Like 1

The user morpheousman used an Installer which allowed him to install OS X! What is the problem?

There is no better method than another, the important thing is to arrive at the result
which is to have a perfect OS X installation as possible

So that I know, he writes a personal guide that can help many others

That it use your file or another, this does not change, the file was available and  I used them as my intaller
Strangely you seem to want controlling things that are not under your control.
I myself even had an Optiplex 755 and built an  installer dedicate to this PC

and no one ever told me not to make a differant Guide Optiplex.

Maybe I'll have to buy a new Dell Optiplex and write a complete guide with an Installer dedicate to install Yosemite and El Capitan ?

Thanks for logo!

I will change the link to the App in my first post as well.

Thank you!  :thumbsup_anim:

I will

Great!  :D

• Like 1

Ok ok, forget it. I'm not going to enter this. I was just pointing out that the guide already exist and that it just have to be little bit updated to make the USB pen.

I did say that it's not about the app. And I totally agree when you say that there's no better method over one another as long as it works. It's just that people who followed the [Guide] Mavericks 10.10.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) are gently invited to jump directly to this thread.

As you said, this is not my thread and I'm not trying to take any control on it. All contributions are welcome. I have no problem at all with that since it's a forum and we're all here to share :D !

However, I must insist on one thing :

The CLOVER.zip provided is not MY file. This is a combination of different files from various people collected in the existing Guides for Dell Optiplex 780 (760) so this not like I was saying "this is mine, don't do anything else". I'm not claiming any credit.

To be honest, my contribution to the CLOVER.zip is very little :P.

• Like 2

Ok ok, forget it. I'm not going to enter this. I was just pointing out that the guide already exist and that it just have to be little bit updated to make the USB pen.

I did say that it's not about the app. And I totally agree when you say that there's no better method over one another as long as it works. It's just that people who followed the [Guide] Mavericks 10.10.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) are gently invited to jump directly to this thread.

As you said, this is not my thread and I'm not trying to take any control on it. All contributions are welcome. I have no problem at all with that since it's a forum and we're all here to share :D !

However, I must insist on one thing :

The CLOVER.zip provided is not MY file. This is a combination of different files from various people collected in the existing Guides for Dell Optiplex 780 (760) so this not like I was saying "this is mine, don't do anything else". I'm not claiming any credit.

To be honest, my contribution to the CLOVER.zip is very little :P.

Send me all necessary file and I build  a perfect Installer for El Capitan including Post Installer

only dedicate to the Optiplex  755  / 760 / 780

This is help a lots people trying Clover :w00t:   :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Perfect ! All you need is in the CLOVER.zip.

If you see anything that should be modified/added/removed, feel free to do whatever you want :D !

The only drawback in the .zip is the DSDT which is designed specifically for AMD Radeon HD 5450 models (should work on other AMD with minor edits but currently won't for NVIDIA). So If you can make a version that is GFX patch free, that's even better ;).

I'm working on a DSDT that will work for both (hopefully :D) and I'll need some NVIDIA owners for testing. Let me know if you're interested ;).

It could also be possible to skip the DSDT and use only built-in Clover's fixes but I failed to make it works so far…

At the moment, I think our main problem here is to make all USB ports works as they should. Once this is fixed, we can focus on how to install El Capitan the simplest and the fastest way, whatever it is :D.

• Like 2

Perfect ! All you need is in the CLOVER.zip.

If you see anything that should be modified/added/removed, feel free to do whatever you want :D !

The only drawback in the .zip is the DSDT which is designed specifically for AMD Radeon HD 5450 models (should work on other AMD with minor edits but currently won't for NVIDIA). So If you can make a version that is GFX patch free, that's even better ;).

I'm working on a DSDT that will work for both (hopefully :D) and I'll need some NVIDIA owners for testing. Let me know if you're interested ;).

It could also be possible to skip the DSDT and use only built-in Clover's fixes but I failed to make it works so far…

At the moment, I think our main problem here is to make all USB ports works as they should. Once this is fixed, we can focus on how to install El Capitan the simplest and the fastest way, whatever it is :D.

The file is not for all Dell Optiplex ?

I need Post Install kext ! For all Optiplex :P  I need dsdt for all Optiplex  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Well, that's what we're trying to do from quite some times you know. Don't forget that Morpheousman, others contributors and myself aren't the author of the original Guide.

Pepto did a great job but unfortunately, we haven't seen him recently and we had to deal with that by ourselves. Morpheousman had completly rewrote the Guide to correct numerous errors and misleading. The Guide is not perfect but it's now error-free and usable.

And as I said, the DSDT is not Universal for GFX. That said, it is for all the rest and should works fine for 760/780 and most likely for 790 series as mentioned in the title.

If you mean "does the Guide is OK for ALL Optiplex series", I guess we can't state that. That's why I said that since this thread is a sort of continuity of the previous guide, people that currently follow it doesn't need to change the installation method except for the CsrActiveConfig boot arg.

See, my remark wasn't a criticism of your app at all :D.

PS : Kexts, config.plist etc., all is included in the .zip ;). When the "Universal" DSDT is ready, it will be easy to add it in an installer as an option. Same for config.plist designed for patched AppleHDA v.3 and config.plist designed for Clover's KextsToPatch AppleHDA.

• Like 2

Well, that's what we're trying to do from quite some times you know. Don't forget that Morpheousman, others contributors and myself aren't the author of the original Guide.

Pepto did a great job but unfortunately, we haven't see him recently and we had to deal with that by ourselves. Morpheousman had completly rewrote the Guide to correct numerous errors and misleading. The Guide is not perfect but it's now error-free and usable.

And as I said, the DSDT is not Universal for GFX. That said, it is for all the rest and should works fine for 760/780 and most likely for 790 series as mentioned in the title.

If you mean "does the Guide is OK for ALL Optiplex series", I guess we can't state that. That's why I said that since this thread is a sort of continuity of the previous guide, people that currently follow it doesn't need to change the installation method except for the CsrActiveConfig boot arg.

See, my remark wasn't a criticism of your app at all :D.

PS : Kexts, config.plist etc., all is included in the .zip ;). When the "Universal" DSDT is ready, it will be easy to add it in an installer as an option. Same for config.plist designed for patched AppleHDA v.3 and config.plist designed for Clover's KextsToPatch AppleHDA.

I see the config.plist, this is for AMD Radeon

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
</dict>

Why  ??
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>

This is A legacy clover or ESP Install ?

This a ESP config.plist (but should makes no difference when installed in Legacy : Optiplex Series 7xx does not have UEFI bios) and yes, of course it's for AMD since I've already said that this was the "problem" with the DSDT. It's specifically desgined for AMD :P :

The only drawback in the .zip is the DSDT which is designed specifically for AMD Radeon HD 5450 models (should work on other AMD with minor edits but currently won't for NVIDIA).

And because the DSDT completely handles graphics, there's no need to set InjectATI=true. FB name is just here to force its use but it can be changed (and must be) to any other one (note that not all of them are suitable for AMD cards such as Radeon HD 5450 series). For example to have full HDMI audio support, you have to set it to Shrike but you'll loose correct model identification in "About this Mac". Not a big deal of course :D !

But you're correct, this is something I missed and will fix with a new CLOVER.zip.

Look, all this has been largely discussed on the previous guide so I propose we stick to the main topic of the thread which is "El Capitan 10.11 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) Beta Testing".

IMHO, we'll have plenty of time to discuss about install methods and config.plist and everything else later, when USB issues has been fixed ;).

• Like 2

The first post in this current thread can be edited very easily into a complete guide once we get the bugs worked out. ;)

Sure, the USB pen can be made by same method as in previous Optiplex 780/760 Yosemite Guide, I just thought the APP was a real time saver. :)

It could probably save a lot of time answering questions about how to make the USB installer.  Just use the APP, and  copy over the clover folder.

If we could have a Custom App that included the needed Clover Folder, that would be awesome!  :thumbsup_anim:.

Open to suggestions, and all help is appreciated.  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

So now we need someone to fix that damn USB issue which is a real pain in the **ss and could potentially prevent many of us to switch to El Capitan.

That would be a real pity IMHO since this version is far better than Yosemite was.

DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext was like the magic file we needed but it appears that first, it's not working correctly with latests builds and second, it has a totally abnormal behavior while I'm pretty sure that the kext has been correctly edited.

Of course, I could have completely misunderstood how to edit it the proper way or made some mistakes in the DSDT. I'm not particularly verse into that stuff :D

Anyone here has an idea ?

[EDIT]

This is a new "Universal" DSDT (w/o vendor specific GFX patch). Please test and report - especially if you are an NVIDIA owner :).

[EDIT 2]

Tested on AMD Radeon HD 5450. Works good but there's just one little thing to do in config.plist to make it works.

Since the DSDT is not AMD specific anymore, fake device ID has been removed in it and you now have to use Clover's built-in feature FakePCIID 0x68e01002 in ATI field inside the Device section of Clover Configurator or add this to config.plist file :

<key>FakeID</key>
  <dict>
   <key>ATI</key>
   <string>0x68e01002</string>
  </dict>

FB name of your choice can be specified in appropriate section. Also, you should set InjectATI=true for AMD owners (mandatory this time) and InjectNVIDIA=true for NVIDIA ones (depending on the model since it's not suitable for all, especially for Kepler based ones and above).

I've also attached a revised DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext. No major changes, just replaced EH01 and EH02 by ECH1 and ECH2 in iMac10,1 SMBios part of the Dummy according to the new DSDT.

It won't fix USB :(.

DSDT.aml.zip

DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext.zip

• Like 1

@polyzargone

Most of us did not understand how to inject the device id for HD5000 Video when we switched from Chameleon to Clover. We are all learning together.

If we would have known, then we could have used the DSDT without Device Id, that was posted by "lupin" in post #30 of the Optiplex 780 (760) Maverick's Thread, and injected the ID.

Still, if "Shrike" is not used in Graphics FB Name, it will disable Sound Over HDMI when using MacPeet's  AppleHDA Version 3 kext.

Line Out will still work, but Sound Over HDMI cable will not work. :(

About USB Ports,  

I have tried editing he  DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext a few times as well. I have been able to make all ports active, but speed, or other erratic behavior has always been an issue.

I have 8 USB Ports on my Optiplex 780 SFF, 6 of the USB Ports are functioning 100%. While it would be nice to get the other 2 USB Ports working as well, two USB Ports being inactive

is by no means a hardship significant enough to keep me from upgrading to El Capitan. :)

@polyzargone

Most of us did not understand how to inject the device id for HD5000 Video when we switched from Chameleon to Clover. We are all learning together.

If we would have known, then we could have used the DSDT without Device Id, that was posted by "lupin" in post #30 of the Optiplex 780 (760) Maverick's Thread, and injected the ID.

Nope. The DSDT you're talking about is very very old and lacks essential edits we need to make the whole thing works great.

• There's no GFX with specific device ID, you're right. But it also means that there's no device (HDAU) in it and this is mandatory to get HDMI audio.

• No device (HDEF) as well. Meaning no AppleHDA at all. Kext patched method or on-the-fly patched by Clover method.

• I didn't looked into all details but I suspect there's more things to discover underneath and it's probably not the ones we're expecting :D.

Now, I'd like to output that the job was great. But as it, this DSDT is obsolete and shouldn't be used. And that's the point with all iterations of various DSDTs we've used here so far.

The thing is in constant evolution and I think it would be a good idea to freeze its development in the end. The last thing was to keep it free from any patch that tightened too much the software and the hardware. This one may do the job while preserving all others improvements that have been made so far. From everyone :D.

Once USB is fully fixed, we should say : OK, now let's leave it alone" ;).

Still, if "Shrike" is not used in Graphics FB Name, it will disable Sound Over HDMI when using MacPeet's  AppleHDA Version 3 kext.

Line Out will still work, but Sound Over HDMI cable will not work. :(

Of course ! Nothing changed on this particular point. The problem is not DSDT related. It's the framebuffer. Fixing this would need a case by case study because every single AMD models may use it's own patch because of different setup of video outputs (Note that NVIDIA owners are not concerned about this ;)).

For this, I would recommend this thread which is a great reading to understand what this is all about and how to possibly fix those issues.

About USB Ports,  

I have tried editing he  DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext a few times as well. I have been able to make all ports active, but speed, or other erratic behavior has always been an issue.

I have 8 USB Ports on my Optiplex 780 SFF, 6 of the USB Ports are functioning 100%. While it would be nice to get the other 2 USB Ports working as well, two USB Ports being inactive is by no means a hardship significant enough to keep me from upgrading to El Capitan. :)

We could use our Optiplex with only 2 ports not working at all but IMHO, that's not a satisfactory answer.

I mean, when I follow a Guide, I expect things to works 100%. Or at least, that it gives me the basis while pointing out to solutions that could help me to fix things that do not work OOB by myself.

At the moment we're talking, there's no such a solution. And sadly, it seems that not a lot of people are working on it for Optiplex Series :(.

Maybe I'm a perfectionist but you know… It could be appropriate sometimes to think like this :D.

PS : I'm curious about your edited Dummy. Could you share it ?

@polyzargone

Just tried your posted DSDT using Clover injected Device ID for HD5450.  

And again, (like every other time I use your posted DSDT's), my Video over my HDMI does not wake from sleep! Computer wakes, but Video does not, causing the need for a Hard Reboot. :(

I know you do not use an HDMI cable, but I cannot be the only one here using an HDMI cable. Sadly, I am losing count of how many times I have tested DSST's, or clover config

that you have posted, only to lose Sound Over HDMI, or have Video using HDMI Cable not wake from sleep. :(

I know at this point you do not use, or care about HDMI, so it may just be best for me to stay away from testing any DSDT you post.

Do we need to post a Warning in the first Post, "HDMI Cable Users Beware!"  :rolleyes:

I know at this point you do not use, or care about HDMI, so it may be best for me to stay away from testing any DSDT you post.

Well, that's the goal of a Beta Testing thread, isn't it ?

Testing new DSDTs and new dummys is the only way to identify potential issues as you just did. I wasn't expecting that it will work straight for everyone btw.

If I'm the only one who try my own DSDTs, you can be sure it won't ever happen :P.

It's not that I don't use or care about HDMI, it's just that I can't test it atm. You also want me to buy and install an NVIDIA discrete card to make the tests ?

But go ahead, if you don't want to help on this, I'm not going to force you :rolleyes: !

that you have posted, only to lose Sound Over HDMI, or have Video using HDMI Cable not wake from sleep. :(

Did you use Shrike ?

Yes, I used Shrike. Tried "Eulemur" first, but Sound Over HDMI did not work!

Hey, does not cost much to find an old HDMI compatible monitor in a yard sale.  :wink_anim:

Appreciate your effort, but when it comes to HDMI functionality, you always say you cannot test because your monitor is not compatible. 

Sorry, but none of your DSDT's have ever been fully functional with HDMI. :frantics: You are batting 100%. :)

It is a very good bet that if I try another, it will mess up my HDMI again, so why bother? Better to quit while I am behind.  :lol:

I'm not the official "HDMI Tester" for your DSDT's.  :poke:

You talk about needing a Generic DSDT that is compatible with most Optiplex 780 (760), I think  maybe HDMI compatibility should be part of that equation. ;)

Well you're right. Maybe I should stop bothering to give it a try and go back to something I really care about.

It's amazing how people can just be so selfish ! I mean, you could also try to read and learn some stuff and make your own tests to fix the problem by yourself. You say you're not the official "HDMI tester" but I'm not he official "DSDT expert" around here neither !

This is so easy to report back "It's not working on my system so why don't you go buy an HDMI monitor !" :shock:. So easy to just sit on your ¨¨ss and wait for someone to do the job !

Again, do I really have to buy every single computer parts to check that it works on every systems ? You think I'm that rich ? Unfortunately I'm not and that's why I simply ask for help when I can't do the tests by myself.

Is this so hard to boot with an alternative DSDT and try some things ? Come on… :rolleyes:

Oh, and I particularly like this one :

I think  maybe HDMI compatibility should be part of that equation.

What do you think I'm trying to do ? Do you seriously think that it's not ?

And saying that HDMI does not work is simply just untrue ! HDMI works but you have problem with display not coming back after sleep which is a very different issue !

OK, now that I've said what I'm thinking, let's move on and try to focus on what this topic is all about : testing. And instead of talking about GFX, let's talk about USB !

• Like 1

@polyzargone

Chill out man. Just expressing a little frustration with testing DSDT's.

I help out the best I can, but I am not a coder, and it can get frustrating sometimes. 

Please do not  imply that I am selfish.  There is no reason to make unkind remarks.  :no:

Fine, you do not have HDMI,  I will throw all my HDMI Cables in the Trash. ;)

There, nothing left for us to get irritated about. I am now using VGA Cable.  :rolleyes:

Dell HW are a good start to make Hackintosh.

I have had an Optiplex 755 in the past and i got a lot of fun to install Osx.

Sometimes we find the right fix , sometimes not

Don't give up, try everything ...

and a the last ... something good come out

• Like 3

@polyzargone

Chill out man. Just expressing a little frustration with testing DSDT's.

I help out the best I can, but I am not a coder, and it can get frustrating sometimes. 

Do not even imply here that I am selfish.  No reason to make unkind remarks.  :no:

Fine, you do not have HDMI,  I will throw all my HDMI in the Trash.

I am now using VGA Cable. :)

Did you try this for HDMI   :D