! GRAPHICS CARDS WITH NO PATCHES NEEDED !

53 posts in this topic

:compress: Whoah. some one did it. :2cents:

actually im suprised no one has tried this before. The Mac G4 Cube uses a PCI and an AGP interface. These cards work flawlessly with OS X. the cube came out around the days of OS9.2, so these will work with all versions of OS X. Open GL ,Q/E, and all the rest work great. BTW if you find an online store that sells them, EBAY has them brand new. Just do a search for "Mac G4 Cube" and look at the cards available.

Heres a list of the cards (Note: Please do the ebay search. the cards there are made specificaly for mac)

Mac ATI Radeon 7000 AGP 64MB Video Card G4 Cube

Mac ATI Radeon 9200 128MB AGP Video Card G4 Cube HS

GEFORCE 3 128MB G4 CUBE MAC VIDEO CARD

NVIDIA GEFORCE 5200 FX5200 MAC G4 CUBE 128MB VIDEO CARD

I Cant Guarentee any thing. this worked for my problems but i cant be held responsible for yours. if you dont do the ebay option and buy the wrong thing you did not heed my warning so i cant help you there. the ones on ebay are probably pulls from cubes and thats why they work... there made by apple not ATI or Nvidia.

:2cents: I hope this helps people with there graphics it worked with mine.

well i really dont know they worked on mine. but i had a problem but i thought it was my mobo. at first the cards did not work. so i used some device hacking software on linux to look at all of the ID's, strings and codes. i did a conflict ID seach and it show all the bad code so i replaced it with X86 architechture code. now im not the best coder in the world so they are a lil laggy but i can get Q/E so its sumthin. my specs are

WD2000 200gb HD x2

Intel Mobo

ATI x200m chipset (FIXED :compress: )

Pentium D 2.66 GHz Dual Core

If you dont want to do this (it took me 2 months). well my friend came up with an idea. im not sure if its possible but he thinks there might be a way to get a PPC processor and an Intel proccesor to work on one of those dual soket 370 boards.

any more ideas tell me. my option is hard and makes the card sluggish so the best thing youll get out of it is the flurry screen saver.

thats awesome :compress: i forgot to add, on all the code lines that there were conflicts (i have the mac radeon 9200) i replaced them with the PCI radeon 9250 and it seemed to work but its sluggish as i sad before

apparently the intel IMACS use a NVIDIA 7300 GT im not sure if you can even buy this card but it woulb be worth a try

EDIT: wait you can buy them. i dont have the money to test if they work but if they dont im sure there is some way to extract the drivers from a newer IMAC. Make sure if you search for them that the one you find is for the new mac pro

Im not sure anymore. i had to completely recode mine to get it to work. the best chance of one to work is the NVIDIA 7300 GT MAC. this is the card that comes in the new intel MAC PRO desktop. But i can guaretee anything.

Edit: i would wait for erandwolfe to respond because he knos more than i do. he got pretty far in the whole ATI x200m problem even tho it did not end up well.

thats a shame well i kno a few others

MSI RX1600 TD256E 256mb works with Borisbadenovmethod Driver @ http://www.installers.dl.am, Full QE/Ci, able to change resolutions, refresh rates, no mouse tearing.

ATI Radeon x1600Pro 512MB Works with borisbad installer or 10.4.7 Jas pre patch on Jas DVD. Energy saver, QE&CI full support. Using DVI w/o adapter for accurate widescreen resolution 1680x1050 (vga only gave 1600x1024)

HIS Radeon X1600XT IceQ Turbo 256MB Recognized as VESA 3.0 with full QE/CI and Q2DE supported. Unable to change resolution or refresh rate, minimal mouse tearing that was corrected with mousepose. Used borisbadenov method installer, then ran the uninstall script and everything worked.

Hope these help. if you need cheaper cards leme kno :D

BTW did you try the MacVidia Drivers on the 7300 GT? ^_^

well i really dont know they worked on mine. but i had a problem but i thought it was my mobo. at first the cards did not work. so i used some device hacking software on linux to look at all of the ID's, strings and codes. i did a conflict ID seach and it show all the bad code so i replaced it with X86 architechture code. now im not the best coder in the world so they are a lil laggy but i can get Q/E so its sumthin. my specs are

Take no offense please but I think your just lying. Power PC cards (such as those in G4's) are not usable in regular PCs, and it has nothing to do with bus type. Just to start, how did you solve the endianness issue? Did you "replace with x86 code" the card BIOS?? :lol:

yes that is what i did. suse linux has many overcocking and device tools. the card is very simally to the PCI 9250. i forget the program for linux i used cuz i did this bout 1 year ago but it can access BIOSES. it was meant so you could manually code edit and troubleshoot your bios. it can detect conflicts as well. i put in the device ID for both cards. (they were both in the pc) and the program highlighted the conflicts. i simply replaced them with code from the 9250 that was simmalar and it worked. OS X 10.4.3 detected the card as 32mb (really it had 128mb) Q/E worked, OPEN GL worked sorta, and NO CI

. flurry is the best it can do but its a start.

Are you serious? I'm not trying to be an a**hole, and I can't do a {censored} with C or assembler either but you look quite misinformed about what a BIOS is.

[EDIT] My girl just read my last post and wanted me to apologize because I was rude she said. You know, girls. Maybe you could post that code, so developers here can take advantage of it.

yes well i kno wut a bios does and BTW i forgot to add but neither of those card work n e more so it was my fault prolly

were kinda past that now tho im just giving out info for nicely workin gfx cards

:lol:

yes that is what i did. suse linux has many overcocking and device tools. the card is very simally to the PCI 9250. i forget the program for linux i used cuz i did this bout 1 year ago but it can access BIOSES. it was meant so you could manually code edit and troubleshoot your bios. it can detect conflicts as well. i put in the device ID for both cards. (they were both in the pc) and the program highlighted the conflicts. i simply replaced them with code from the 9250 that was simmalar and it worked. OS X 10.4.3 detected the card as 32mb (really it had 128mb) Q/E worked, OPEN GL worked sorta, and NO CI

. flurry is the best it can do but its a start.

:censored2:

The PPC Mac Bios ROMS on video cards contain FCODE, which is completely different from PC bios. So the PC BIOS in a DIFFERENT language. You are full of {censored}e buddy.

You can run PC card on PPC, BUT you have to flash them with a MAC bios. It's easy and a cheap way to upgrade your G4/G5. The dual Mac/PC cards contained both bioses.

http://strangedogs.proboards40.com/ has all the info you might want. Unfortunately it's of not much use to hackintoshes where you keep the PC bios and mod the os...

wtf IN SHORT I HALF A**ED FLASHED IT. I HAVE 2 IDENTICAL GRAPHICS CARDS ONE FOR PC, ONE FOR MAC. LINUX SAID IT FOUND THE CONFLICTS, AND IT COULD FIX THEM WITH AN EXAMPLE. SO I HOOKED UP BOTH GRAPHICS CARDS. AND IT COPIED FOR LYK 5 HRS. WHEN IT WAS DONE THT WAS MY RESULT

BASICALLY IT ADDED THE PC BIOS TO THE MAC CARD. MY VRAM WENT DOWN FROM 128 TO 64 ON MAC, THE CARD DIED A WEEK LATER

IF u guys just lyk to argue idc but this is for cards that work with MAC x86 no problem a good example is the

Radeon 9600 pro PC and MAC edition

im gona close this forum for one reason IT WAS FOR PEOPLE TO ADD CARDS THAT WORK FOE X86 not arguin

wtf IN SHORT I HALF A**ED FLASHED IT. I HAVE 2 IDENTICAL GRAPHICS CARDS ONE FOR PC, ONE FOR MAC. LINUX SAID IT FOUND THE CONFLICTS, AND IT COULD FIX THEM WITH AN EXAMPLE. SO I HOOKED UP BOTH GRAPHICS CARDS. AND IT COPIED FOR LYK 5 HRS. WHEN IT WAS DONE THT WAS MY RESULT

BASICALLY IT ADDED THE PC BIOS TO THE MAC CARD. MY VRAM WENT DOWN FROM 128 TO 64 ON MAC, THE CARD DIED A WEEK LATER

Listen you twit; if you have a programme that can magically recode PC bioses into FCODE, please share it with us. It would be the holy grail for a LOT of people who painstakingly mod bioses to make PC cards run on a Mac. The Mac/PC card held BOTH bioses, I know for a fact that no 9250 could do that because the ROM CHIP IS ONLY A 64k.

You got caught lying to impress new friends, it happens, admit it and move on ok... And, when in a hole, STOP DIGGING.

P.S. Radeon 9600 pro PC and MAC edition will appear as a normal PC card to X86, because the Mac part is for freaking PPC...

well my friend came up with an idea. im not sure if its possible but he thinks there might be a way to get a PPC processor and an Intel proccesor to work on one of those dual soket 370 boards.

Yes because you can jam two procs of completely different architectures and pin counts onto a board made for Pentium 3s.

PPC will not work with any x86 hardware, period :2cents: pnkskatergt, can you tell us what distro of Linux you used and what "overcocking" program you used :blink:

IF u guys just lyk to argue idc but this is for cards that work with MAC x86 no problem a good example is the

Radeon 9600 pro PC and MAC edition

im gona close this forum for one reason IT WAS FOR PEOPLE TO ADD CARDS THAT WORK FOE X86 not arguin

Those cards I mentioned will only work because they have two bios chips, one is for PPC and one for x86, they are completely different chips and do not work together ;)