10.10.4 final is out!

iRipper

47 posts in this topic

All work fine:

nzhkye.jpg

mDNSResponder[86]: mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-576.30.4 (May 31 2015 04:53:24) starting OSXVers 14
mDNSResponder[86]: AwdlD2d AwdlD2dInitialize: Initialized
mDNSResponder[86]: D2D_IPC: Loaded
mDNSResponder[86]: D2DInitialize succeeded
mDNSResponder[86]:   4: Listening for incoming Unix Domain Socket client requests

It broke my AppleHDA and USB 3.0 support kexts but I just needed to patch them again, very typical. However my NVIDIA GTX 750 TI SC is currently disabled because there is no drivers available for 10.10.4. Currently using Intel HD Graphics 4600 IGPU at the moment.

• Like 1

Anyone knows if AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext has changed?

To answer my own question: NO, does not seem to have changed. Did the update on my MacBook first. (but not yet to my Hack, which needs a patched version of this kext)

But it looks like repatching is not necessary.

its a no go for HD7770  bad jumbled artifacts like in 10.10.3  might want to hold off if you have a hd7770  going to need a patch/edit.  i dont think the edit form 10.10.3 works. 

i can only boot into safe mode.

Just for feedback. This time I could update but I had to install again modified AppleIntelFramebufferCapri and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kexts from backup to have HD 3000 working as well as audio kexts for ALC892. For an old issue (I never understood what kind of problem it is) I also had to put OpenCL framework from Mavericks to get Preview working and no related graphic issues.

Updated and have the black screen issue I used to have with 10.10.3. I patched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext again and it's working now.

I use Clover ALC patch and on my audio and I don't need to repatch it again. GenericUSBXHCI.kext works as well.

its a no go for HD7770  bad jumbled artifacts like in 10.10.3  might want to hold off if you have a hd7770  going to need a patch/edit.  i dont think the edit form 10.10.3 works. 

i can only boot into safe mode.

Can anyone else with a RadeonHD 7xxx confirm, or otherwise say it's working for them?

I'm a coward; it's my work machine. :)

Can anyone else with a RadeonHD 7xxx confirm, or otherwise say it's working for them?

I'm a coward; it's my work machine. :)

If you did not have to patch/edit anything for 10.10.3 you might be ok .. For me the old edit i used for the amd4000.kext only 1/2 works as i dont have QE working but at least i can boot into it... i will report back if i find a solution

Btw I want to thank all the stuff here, with your guides and suggests I have a build with a very, very old mobo that’s perfectly running Yosemite 10.4. This is real fun.

InsanelyMac rocks!!

post-1154930-0-21051200-1435746264_thumb.jpg

post-1154930-0-91567500-1435746300_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Also did the update and in fact I had to repatch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext also with the incemental (= not combo) update.

So if you are affected by this, it is a good idea to apply

sudo nvram boot-args="nv_disable=1"

before the update, and - after updating - repatch the info.plist before reenabling the GPU driver to avoid the black screen problem. Updating newest NVIDIA driver also went fine, but unortunately the dreaded "19RPM Fan issue" still remains.

On the other hand: the "patchless" AppleHDA technique still works, so no work needed to be done.

Will also disable the clover TRIM patch and try the new "native" method.

Other than that, the update seems to be fine.

If you did not have to patch/edit anything for 10.10.3 you might be ok .. For me the old edit i used for the amd4000.kext only 1/2 works as i dont have QE working but at least i can boot into it... i will report back if i find a solution

I got impatient. (I do this.) :D

I performed the update in safe mode - ie: on the reboot that happens during the normal upgrade I added -x to the kernel args. I let the upgrade complete.

I repeated the steps *I* had made before to get it working on 10.10.3. These are here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305623-radeon-7750-not-working-since-10103/ but reiterated for convenience:

1. sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  2. Change the setting: "CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating" from 0 to 1. Save and exit.
  3. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  4. Reboot.

NB: I think because I use sudo vi to edit the file and not something which changes permissions or ownership as I go, is why I didn't need to do rebuilds etc. Just the touch was necessary.

System came up normally. RadeonHD 7750 is happily driving the 4K monitor in retina-style as it was before. I have transparency effects so I believe that means the QE stuff is working? Everything looks fine.

Will now see about rationalising some of the boot stuff, disabling the trim hack and using trimforce instead...

I've reverted to 10.10.3. Mail in 10.10.4 is broken for me - either it only shows headers - no email body, or just sits with the spinning beachball until it is forced to quit.

It works, but it can be very slow (just initially?). I let it just sit there and churn yesterday, eventually it worked and now (so far) seems to be fine.