[GUIDE] USB Fix El Capitan 10.11

830 posts in this topic

Try this:

- Copy the info.plist from the AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext to overwrite the info.plist of dummy kext.

- CHange version in info.plist to 900.

- Remove port restriction.

- Install Dummy again.

i will try thanks

edit: @pokenguyen worked now without kernel panic but still not recognize cam and card reader...strange???with roll back usb kexts from dp2 recognize my cam and card reader. Thanks

Congratulations for finding it and building it yourself.

I uploaded a new build of FakePCIID to bitbucket so others can enjoy/test: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

(please read the README)

Thanks RehabMan,

Your FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext work perfectly for me on my Aspire. I only had the usb3 and one usb2 working before.

I previously changed the SMBios to MacBookPro 11,1 and they would all work, except  the webcam. Change the smbios back to MacBookAir 6,2, then used your kext and voila!

I literally tried all the MacBook smbioses with my laptop, and all had issues with the usb ports reading or not working properly with 10.11 beta 2 and 3.

All USB Ports work. Camera, USB3, USB 2 and sleep as well.

DSDT laptop edits are USB3_PRW (0x0D) XHC to XHC1

Great work man.

Thanks RehabMan,

Your FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext work perfectly for me on my Aspire. I only had the usb3 and one usb2 working before.

I previously changed the SMBios to MacBookPro 11,1 and they would all work, except  the webcam. Change the smbios back to MacBookAir 6,2, then used your kext and voila!

I literally tried all the MacBook smbioses with my laptop, and all had issues with the usb ports reading or not working properly with 10.11 beta 2 and 3.

All USB Ports work. Camera, USB3, USB 2 and sleep as well.

DSDT laptop edits are USB3_PRW (0x0D) XHC to XHC1

Great work man.

I think it may end up being useful in the installer scenario (avoiding 'waiting for root' due to non-working USB ports).

Time will tell.

I think it may end up being useful in the installer scenario (avoiding 'waiting for root' due to non-working USB ports).

Time will tell.

Quite true, At first I couldn't figure why my usb installer wasn't working on the usb2 ports. Should be a good Idea.

The panics with DP3 (and PB1) on my laptop seem to be tied to using MBP9,1. Using either MBP9,2 or 10,1 I can boot without any trouble.

Are you using a multiplex patch? Multiplex patch can cause problems (it must not be correct). Maybe multiplex patch is obsolete with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext?

Are you using a multiplex patch? Multiplex patch can cause problems (it must not be correct). Maybe multiplex patch is obsolete with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext?

Nope, no multiplex patch. USB entries in DSDT are stock. Just using FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to handle the multiplexing.

I know the multiplex patch was the cause of the KPs in DP1 and DP2 so I'd already removed it.

Somehow it just doesn't like MBP9,1...

If you like, try temporarily changing to it in the Clover boot options and see if it panics on boot.

Nope, no multiplex patch. USB entries in DSDT are stock. Just using FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to handle the multiplexing.

I know the multiplex patch was the cause of the KPs in DP1 and DP2 so I'd already removed it.

Somehow it just doesn't like MBP9,1...

If you like, try temporarily changing to it in the Clover boot options and see if it panics on boot.

Make sure your DSDT objects don't match against existing personalities...

I rename:

EHC1->EH01

EHC2->EH02

XHC (leave alone, it doesn't match against Apple's XHC1)

If you have...

XCH1->XHC (or XH01)

This gives you control via an injector, if necessary.

• Like 1

Thanks, that fixed it. My first edit messed up and only renamed EHC1 to EH01 leading to a panic. Once I renamed EHC2 to EH02 it worked.

The ports appear to be the same for 9,1 and 9,2 so it's strange that one would KP while the other worked fine.

But at least this way I can keep using my existing smbios. Might go and install the PB onto it now.

Thanks, that fixed it. My first edit messed up and only renamed EHC1 to EH01 leading to a panic. Once I renamed EHC2 to EH02 it worked.

The ports appear to be the same for 9,1 and 9,2 so it's strange that one would KP while the other worked fine.

But at least this way I can keep using my existing smbios. Might go and install the PB onto it now.

i was getting random kp at boot. what fix it was simply deleting the sound configs... lol

now it always boots like a charm.

GenericUSBXHCI barely worked in Yosemite. For some chipsets you can patch AppleUSBXHCI to make it work (easy with Clover). If you have ASM1042 like me then you're out of luck.

I have this but from Lion i am using GenericUSBXHCI :( but on 10.11 i am unable to use :(

10407990_975227405850151_436358637075148

GenericUSBXHCI barely worked in Yosemite. For some chipsets you can patch AppleUSBXHCI to make it work (easy with Clover). If you have ASM1042 like me then you're out of luck.

That's the method I'm currently using on Yosemite for my NEC/Renesas (Device ID: 0194) built into my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 and it works perfectly. I'm kind of hoping someone figures out how to Clover patch the newer extension the same way before installing El Capitan.

That's the method I'm currently using on Yosemite for my NEC/Renesas (

Device ID: 0194) built into my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 and it works perfectly. I'm kind of hoping someone figures out how to Clover patch the newer extension the same way before installing El Capitan.

Tried to apply same patches we did in Yosemite for driver appleusbxhci but now in 10.11 DP3 applied on clover over driver appleusbxhcipci but no works.... Getting kernel panic as soon i swicht one USB device on USB 3.0 ports...

Any idea welcome...... I hace also NEC remesas.

How to patch that via clover.. And is ther any way patch like sound with Dummyhda.kext ????

How to patch that via clover.. And is ther any way patch like sound with Dummyhda.kext ????

The patching (binary and Clover) is covered in this thread. But the patches may have to be updated for 10.11 as none of the third-party USB3 drivers work. So it might not be possible to get USB3 working yet if your chipset isn't natively supported.

The patching (binary and Clover) is covered in this thread. But the patches may have to be updated for 10.11 as none of the third-party USB3 drivers work. So it might not be possible to get USB3 working yet if your chipset isn't natively supported.

ohk But on think i have notice if i use genericusb kext in 10.11 then my all USB 2.0 port stop working but usb 3.0 started working