MacPro6,1 USB FIX El Capitan (Final App store realease) Updated 7 oct. 2015

stinga11

66 posts in this topic

Why not inject El Capitan DP1 MacPro6 USB Fix.zip by Clover? 
I think that it is much easier and more correct than to switch iMac13,2 definition. Last Clover injects to El Capitan FakeSMC with Sensors, Ethernet kexts, VoodooHDA without problems and without any boot-args like kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0

And it would be logical to write AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to FakeSMC (like AGMP) or use plist patching by Clover.

Suggested by tChibo in post #12 concerning MacPro6,1 FIX El Captain GM made by stinga11

Remarks: Bdmesg shows an Exception: "Info.plist patch - invalid Find/Replace data - skipping!". This is a Clover Exception due to Search and Replace strings have a different length. This method is not actually patching the Info.plist, but strings in a memory segment where info.plist stored (hexadecimal). 
So this method is only for replacing values in strings of the same length, for adding and delete xml code this way of Info.plist patching is no option.

0:169  0:000  KextToPatch 7: AppleUSBEHCIPCI (Usb 2.0 ehci  patch) Info.plist patch - invalid Find/Replace data - skipping!
0:169  0:000  KextToPatch 8: AppleUSBHub (Usb 2.0 hub patch) Info.plist patch - invalid Find/Replace data - skipping!

• Like 1

Stinga, what is the issue with my edit? I am still stuck on what I am doing wrong. 

I do not know but as I have never used I can not guarantee that my fix works together with your fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Thanks for the great work. I learned a lot digging into this subject. I just wanted to let ya'll know that I found a much easier way to get USB2 working for X79 in El Cap. Just delete EUSB and USBE or EHC1 and EHC2 devices from the DSDT or disable them with a SSDT:

DefinitionBlock
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.USBE, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.EUSB, DeviceObj)
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.EUSB)
    {
        Name (_STA, Zero)
    }
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.USBE)
    {
        Name (_STA, Zero)
    }
}

No kexts or plist edits needed. You can install as MacPro6,1 or whatever you want. This also seems to have cured USB drives being force ejected on wake. No love for the USB3 ports though as it seems they get all their properties from the chip's firmware and they can't be overridden by the ACPI tables.

• Like 3

Hi,

I just renamed the Devices USBE and EUSB to EHC1 and EHC2 on all (4) occurrences, USB2.0 also works with Mac Pro 5,1 and 6,1 without changing anything in the plists.

No luck with the Renesas 720200 (Deviceid 0194, Vendor 1033), which are on PEX5 and PEX6 (PCIe-Hubs). As Attachment my edited DSDT (X9Dai) Dual Sandy Bridge E5-2670 and IOReg.

DSDT.aml.zip

X9Dai.zip

Hi!

I use

Gigabyte X79-UD3

i7 3820

GT640

Clover  (last version 2.3k r3280)

@Rampage Dev

SSDT.aml (from X79 package for Gigabyte&Nvidia)

SSDT-1.aml (from X79 package for 3820)

After switching from MacPro5,1 (I used in 10.10 with 100% success and with 10.11 without any of USB ports worked) to MacPro6,1 using instructions (X79*.kext, nv_disable=1, AppleGraphics Config1=>none) I got all my USB2.0 working, USB3 still not usable.

But the bad thing I got is that now I lost 2nd monitor and the graphic card works VERY slowly and OSC does not recognise my video (it shows it has 8M memory instead of 2M :)) card (without @stinga11 patches all they worked well).

UPD

1. I've modified X79USBEHCIPCI.kext copying @stinga11's MacPro6,1 EHC* definitions to MacPro5,1 section.

2. Changed back clover's SMBIOS to MacPro5,1

3. Removed nv_disable=1

4. Rebuild kext's cache

Now, GT640 works as usual, 2nd monitor works. In USB2, USB3 there're no changes. USB2 works well, USB3 seem's does not work (shows just buses, not hubs)

And both configurations (6,1 and 5,1) make me tons of {censored} in /var/log/system.log as it seen in attachment

post-1339384-0-85377100-1444149405_thumb.png

XCHI{censored}.log.rtf

Hi!

I use

Gigabyte X79-UD3

i7 3820

GT640

Clover  (last version 2.3k r3280)

@Rampage Dev

SSDT.aml (from X79 package for Gigabyte&Nvidia)

SSDT-1.aml (from X79 package for 3820)

After switching from MacPro5,1 (I used in 10.10 with 100% success and with 10.11 without any of USB ports worked) to MacPro6,1 using instructions (X79*.kext, nv_disable=1, AppleGraphics Config1=>none) I got all my USB2.0 working, USB3 still not usable.

But the bad thing I got is that now I lost 2nd monitor and the graphic card works VERY slowly (without @stinga11 patches all they worked well).

You need to follow the step 5, Everything I wrote.

You need to follow the step 5, Everything I wrote.

I followed it (look to the bolded text)

Also i updated my last post. Back my video card worked modifying all from 6,1 to 5,1.

The problems are

1. system.log that receives tons of warnings (rtf.gif  XCHI{censored}.log.rtf ). Because of that the system is slow

2. no USB3

In any case seems that USB2 does not work well as tested.

1. The wireless keyboard connected by dongle to USB2 port miss characters while typing.
2. If disconnect any of USB devices, USB flash, disks are unmounted.

Need more stable and useful solution...

In any case seems that USB2 does not work well as tested.

1. The wireless keyboard connected by dongle to USB2 port miss characters while typing.

2. If disconnect any of USB devices, USB flash, disks are unmounted.

Need more stable and useful solution...

I do not know what happens to your Hackintosh but this solution works like a charm with my Hackintosh X79 and also works for other users.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stinga11,

I have tried this on my X79-Deluxe and I cannot get past this kernel panic no matter what I do.  Shilohh has already had me try a few different SSDTs and none of them would do the job.  My only option was to take the Dummy kext from an original USB3 fix thread and strip it down to only have OSXbundle version 1.0 to disable AppleUSBXHCIPCI or I get KP.  All USB2 ports working now but because XHCIPCI is disabled I will not be able to use any PCIe USB3 cards for obvious reasons.  Its been almost a month now trying everything no luck.  I have couple links showing KP and what happens when I can boot past KP, before I figured out how to boot without any panic.  Interesting if I get past kernel panic I have all USB2/3 working 100%.  I have a few posts on this already, links below.  I have also attached my SSDT from Andrews DMG and El Capitan ioreg.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/?p=2166176

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/?p=2166183

yosemite_ElCapitan_Ioreg_SSDT_My_Disabler_Kext.zip

Hi Stinga11,

I have tried this on my X79-Deluxe and I cannot get past this kernel panic no matter what I do.  Shilohh has already had me try a few different SSDTs and none of them would do the job.  My only option was to take the Dummy kext from an original USB3 fix thread and strip it down to only have OSXbundle version 1.0 to disable AppleUSBXHCIPCI or I get KP.  All USB2 ports working now but because XHCIPCI is disabled I will not be able to use any PCIe USB3 cards for obvious reasons.  Its been almost a month now trying everything no luck.  I have couple links showing KP and what happens when I can boot past KP, before I figured out how to boot without any panic.  Interesting if I get past kernel panic I have all USB2/3 working 100%.  I have a few posts on this already, links below.  I have also attached my SSDT from Andrews DMG and El Capitan ioreg.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/?p=2166176

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/?p=2166183

To use my dummy kext, you can not use a SSDT or DSDT with a USB Section modified. If you want send me a vanilla DSDT, I will edit for you. With your DSDT send me an IOREG copy and your video card model.

• Like 1

To use my dummy kext, you can not use a SSDT or DSDT with a USB Section modified. If you want send me a vanilla DSDT, I will edit for you. With your DSDT send me an IOREG copy and your video card model.

I have no idea what happened to the first post but it looks like my files never attached.  Here is my Vanilla DSDT from Clover F1/F4.  I have 3 different ioregs not sure which one is best to use.  One from Yosemite and two different ones from El Capitan labelled clearly what they are for.  I included my Patched SSDT (Andrews).

Edited:

No matter what I do, disable ASMedia USB3 in bios etc., I get an instant panic without using this kext.  It disables XHCIPCI.  Nothing is connected to any of the USB3 ports.  I can't figure out what it is but the only way I can boot is by using this kext.  Attached.  Looks like my files did attach the first time.

Edited Again:

Sorry My GFX is NVIDA EVGA GTX 770 4Gb

X79-Deluxe_DSDT_SSDT_IOREGs.zip

USB_Panic_Disabler_X79-Deluxe.kext.zip

I have no idea what happened to the first post but it looks like my files never attached.  Here is my Vanilla DSDT from Clover F1/F4.  I have 3 different ioregs not sure which one is best to use.  One from Yosemite and two different ones from El Capitan labelled clearly what they are for.  I included my Patched SSDT (Andrews).

Edited:

No matter what I do, disable ASMedia USB3 in bios etc., I get an instant panic without using this kext.  It disables XHCIPCI.  Nothing is connected to any of the USB3 ports.  I can't figure out what it is but the only way I can boot is by using this kext.  Attached.  Looks like my files did attach the first time.

Edited Again:

Sorry My GFX is NVIDA EVGA GTX 770 4Gb

Here is, I added Audio, rename fix, USB completed modified and add sata fix for intel chipset and third party chipset. Cleanup the cpu section. Nvidia HDMI fix added. Well try it and let me know. I added too the USB 3.0 dummy file for your motherboard. remember, you need to use the macpro6,1 smbios with my USB 2.0 dummy KExt from this topic.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/62wfm5lcs633fx6/deluxe+24+core.zip

• Like 1

Here is, I added Audio, rename fix, USB completed modified and add sata fix for intel chipset and third party chipset. Cleanup the cpu section. Nvidia HDMI fix added. Well try it and let me know. I added too the USB 3.0 dummy file for your motherboard. remember, you need to use the macpro6,1 smbios with my USB 2.0 dummy KExt from this topic.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/62wfm5lcs633fx6/deluxe+24+core.zip

Thanks everything looks great and at first I thought it was going to boot when I saw it creating the ports during verbose.  It then reboot and reboot a second time then by the 3rd time it had the Kernel Panic.  I think this Motherboard is Plagued.   I have tried a second X79-Deluxe Mb and different hardware with same results.  Could the CPU cause this?  See pics.

Thanks for helping and creating these files.  I will continue to debug and once I figure out exactly what is causing it I will use these files.

post-135888-0-04898400-1445222876_thumb.png

post-135888-0-80594300-1445222888_thumb.png

post-135888-0-34388900-1445222899_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, at Yosemite all worked like a charm.

El Capitan 10.11 I'm not sure I remember which port I used to connect bluetooth but seems both worked.

Last El Capitan update 10.11.1 was installed generally with no issue (except, first boot nv_disable=1 to avoid black screen, then,  S/L/E/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/ patch Config1=>none)

Two things make me sad

1. Now El Capitan does not boot well without -v boot flag (without -v it makes 2 times panic, after that boots)

2. USB3 ports do not accept bluetooth dongle while they accept any other hardware like disks or mouse/keyboard transmitters

(USB2 ports work well both with this Bluetooth and any other hardware)

It is has to be said that in "System Information" this dongle appears absolutely 100% normally as is both while inserting to USB2 or USB3.

Dongle: see attachment

Here is system.log with USB2 (works GOOD)

AppleUSB20HubPort@1a140000: AppleUSBHostPort::resetGated: retrying enumeration in 100 ms
AppleUSB20HubPort@1a140000: AppleUSBHostPort::resetGated: retrying enumeration in 200 ms
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0x7800 ****
**** [CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- 0x7800 ****
[IOBluetoothFamily][staticBluetoothTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0x7800
[IOBluetoothHostController][start] -- completed
[IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SetRemoteWakeUp] -- deviceRequest() failed: 0xE0005000 (kUSBHostReturnPipeStalled)
[IOBluetoothHostController::setConfigState] calling registerService
**** [IOBluetoothFamily][ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- calling IOBluetoothFamily's registerService() -- 0x6d90 -- 0xca00 -- 0x7800 ****
**** [IOBluetoothFamily][ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0x6d90 -- 0xca00 -- 0x7800 ****
INIT -- Host controller is published

Here, the strings from the system.log appear while inserting dongle to USB3 port (BAD)

AppleUSB20XHCIPort@00100000: AppleUSB20XHCIPort::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to create device, disabling port
AppleUSB20XHCIPort@00100000: AppleUSBHostPort::resetGated: retrying enumeration in 100 ms
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0x7000 ****
**** [CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- 0x7000 ****
[IOBluetoothFamily][staticBluetoothTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0x7000
[IOBluetoothHostController][start] -- completed

[[0xD000] OpCode 0xFC00 (CSR VSC -- Customer Extension) from: kernel_task (0) Asynchronous status: 0x00 (kIOReturnSuccess) state: 2 (BUSY) timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.
**** [IOBluetoothFamily][ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xca00 -- 0x7000 ****

---

post-1339384-0-78097600-1445980075_thumb.png

Hi Stinga11,

I have Rampage IV extreme, same as you i guess >> My config > System: Rampage IV Extreme, AMD MSI R9-290x, OSX El Captain Golden Master, Clover 3259

Im using ssdt from Andrew (Rampagedev) latest X79 Package in folder  [R4E V2.2/AMD] june 22 >> here (official link from Rampagedev)

Thanks for your help, which is great.

PS> Without your fix, and only ssdt from Andrew (Rampagev) USB2.0 there is only working one USB Bus 1d26.

Can please post your dsdt / ssdt?

El capitan use only <"pci8086,1d26"> and not <"pci8086,1d2d">.

I tried many fixes without succes.

Thanks.

Can please post your dsdt / ssdt?

El capitan use only <"pci8086,1d26"> and not <"pci8086,1d2d">.

I tried many fixes without succes.

Thanks.

Hi, 

See the DSDT from Stinga11 at post #24 Rampage IV DSDT.zip which is the same as mine in case of USB2.0.

Pay close  attention tot Device (EHC1) (_ADR, 0x001D0000), and Device (EHC2) (_ADR, 0x001A0000) this represents te right USB2.0 configuration for corresponding ports EHC1 (PRT1.. PRT8), EHC2 (PRT1.. PRT6).

The Dummy kext from Stinga11 add the support for hub EHC2, eventually ioreg should look like I posted in post #25.

Formula IV USB2.0 hardware settings should be the same as Extreme IV.

Succes!!!

Hi, 

See the DSDT from Stinga11 at post #24 Rampage IV DSDT.zip which is the same as mine in case of USB2.0.

Pay close  attention tot Device (EHC1) (_ADR, 0x001D0000), and Device (EHC2) (_ADR, 0x001A0000) this represents te right USB2.0 configuration for corresponding ports EHC1 (PRT1.. PRT8), EHC2 (PRT1.. PRT6).

The Dummy kext from Stinga11 add the support for hub EHC2, eventually ioreg should look like I posted in post #25.

Formula IV USB2.0 hardware settings should be the same as Extreme IV.

Succes!!!

Well, still only EHC1 working....

I patched usb in ssdt https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fsugy31m6ejlur/SSDT.aml?dl=0

Used dump kexts from stinga11 with 1 port on EHC1 and 1 port for EHC2.

Can you upload dummy kexts? Thanks.

Well, still only EHC1 working....

I patched usb in ssdt https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fsugy31m6ejlur/SSDT.aml?dl=0

Used dump kexts from stinga11 with 1 port on EHC1 and 1 port for EHC2.

Can you upload dummy kexts? Thanks.

Hi,

The Dummy kext's X79USBEHCIPCI.kext and X79USBHub.kextI I use are from the first Post #1 from Stinga11 10.11 MacPro6,1 USB FIX.zip suppose to be working on your System (Formula IV), if installed properly (SIP 0x28, 0x67) and SMBIOS is set to MacPro6,1.

If you did a fresh install (EL Captain) like Silohhh suggested on Post #29 (easy way) leave out EHC1 and EHC2 from SSDT to succeed installation Boot, otherwise you don't pass KP (I experienced on Clover).

After you have succeed installation of El Captain, you do a Post install, forget the SSDT drop it, only use the SSDT with CPU speedstep settings.

Instead of SSDT you add the EHC1, EHC2 (replacing USBE, EUSB) settings in your DSDT like I suggest in Post #48, the same like you did in your attached SSDT (example).

The fact about using a SSDT (Rampagedev) for USB2.0 config (strangely) is that only EHC1 > 1d26 is working I posted about before.

I hope this wil help you further, let me know if you succeeds, Success!!!

• Like 1