Broadcom Bluetooth 20702A

Xeon3D

123 posts in this topic

same here. I don't know why.

In 10.11, my bluetooth shows up (both in USB and in settings, system information), it can search for devices, but when I try to connect, it always failed. In Yosemite, I have to have the firmware uploaded using BrcmPatchRAM.

What is vendor/device-id of the device?

As far as I know his is same as mine AzureWave AW-CE123H Device ID: 13316, Vendor: 5075, mine is doing that as well when you can search for devices but can't coonect.

• Like 1

As far as I know his is same as mine AzureWave AW-CE123H Device ID: 13316, Vendor: 5075, mine is doing that as well when you can search for devices but can't coonect.

I think that is one of the vendor/device ids that are not supported by the firmware provided in 10.11.

Your firmware is still showing the default v4096. Strange that it still works for you.

Note c4096, not v4096.

I see the same here using injector with 10.10.5 -- it works but there are issues with USB post-sleep (a 10sec delay).

With 10.11, v5744 is displayed.

Either way, both work...

hello

sure there it is.. only remove the others injector for my hardware

attachicon.gifFakeSMC_1394.kext.zip

good hack

Thanks, so you use FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Info.plist to inject your hardware with the same way as common injectors do  :thumbsup_anim:

I never imagined to do so !

Your injection seems to be same as RehabMan for our card, so everything is consistent.

Note c4096, not v4096.

With 10.11, v5744 is displayed.

On 10.10.5 I have v14 c5575 and on 10.11.DP8 I get randomly v14 c4096 and v14 c5575.

With c5575 : everything is OK

with c4096 : Sys Pref OK but no connection !

Is there a way to force a firmware on 10.11 ?

post-389035-0-24790500-1441744290_thumb.png

post-389035-0-64774900-1441744298_thumb.png

post-389035-0-22196700-1441744311_thumb.png

I'm so relieved to see I am not the only one with this problem.

I was using PB6 with perfectly working bluetooth, switched it off for the night, powered up in the morning and... no bluetooth. First the device was displayed, but wouldn't connect, then after I deleted the apple.Bluetooth.plist it wouldn't appear anymore. I hoped the GM would solve the problem, but, no. I guess that somehow the driver was cached somewhere and that's why it worked until, well, it stopped. My install on the other partition stopped working too. Checked the mouse, it's fine.

Azurewave AW-CE123H, vendor: 0x13D3, product: 0x3404. Updated FakePCIID and other kexts, but I still get this in console output:

Sep 10 22:37:31 localhost kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Broadcom WiFi/BT combo Bluetooth controller found

Sep 10 22:37:31 localhost kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Failed to reset the device

Sep 10 22:37:31 localhost kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Failed to initialize the device.

Edit: After much editing, updating and replacing, I have arrived at:

Sep 11 14:59:11 localhost kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Broadcom WiFi/BT combo Bluetooth controller found

Sep 11 14:59:11 localhost kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: ProductID 0x3404, VendorID 0x13d3

Sep 11 14:59:11 localhost kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Failed to initialize the device.

Current kexts:

bcm4352 3.2.0

BrcmBluetoothInjector 1.7.4 with USBDevice replaced by USBHostDevice

BTFirmwareUploader 2.8.7 

plus patch in FakeSMC as per artur-pt's post

Bluetooth is listed both in Bluetooth section of System Report (software c4096) and in USB Hub.

I'm kinda close to giving up on this (I constantly had problems with bluetooth and Magic Mouse) and buying iogear GBU521W6 – if only I could find out whether it works completely without drivers, injectors, patches, DSDTs etc...

hello

don't use BTFirmwareUploader .. only use the injector in el capo..

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

To be used for OS X newer than Yosemite.

Install only one kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext or BrcmPatchRAM.kext (depending on OS X version), to /S/L/E or Clover/kexts.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/downloads

good hack

Thanks Artur, removed BTFirmwareUploader. Unfortunately there's no change (other than BTFirmwareUploader no longer displaying in system.log). Bluetooth is detected, appears on the top bar and in Preferences, Bluetooth Explorer sees it, System Report sees it, basically everything is tip top except for the fact my mouse is not detected and won't pair.

*sigh*

Has anyone gotten Handoff/Hotspot working in el capitan with ProductID 0x3404, VendorID 0x13d3? For me, it shows up, it connects devices, yet I can't get handoff/hotspot to work on it. 

I have a different card (Asus BCM4352/Azurewave CE-123H, vendor: 0x0b05, product: 0x17cf) but same problem.

Using BrcmBluetoothInjector and 10.11 handoff patch in clover (3259) everything looks exactly like it did in 10.10.X

10.10.5 screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/J3CEs0a.png

10.11 GM screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/8y42t4Y.png

Bluetooth mouse (including waking from sleep) works, but handoff and instant hotspot don't work anymore.

I finally got Bluetooth to connect using BrcmPatchRAM.kext but I had to change USBDevice to USBHostDevice for my PID/VID.

I have a different card (Asus BCM4352/Azurewave CE-123H, vendor: 0x0b05, product: 0x17cf) but same problem.

Using BrcmBluetoothInjector and 10.11 handoff patch in clover (3259) everything looks exactly like it did in 10.10.X

10.10.5 screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/J3CEs0a.png
10.11 GM screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/8y42t4Y.png

Bluetooth mouse (including waking from sleep) works, but handoff and instant hotspot don't work anymore.

We have the same card.  Try what worked for me.

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>5 GHz/BT Handoff Patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QYP8/3QsSA==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ZscGVVPrKw==
				</data>
			</dict>

I finally got Bluetooth to connect using BrcmPatchRAM.kext but I had to change USBDevice to USBHostDevice for my PID/VID.

We have the same card.  Try what worked for me.

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>5 GHz/BT Handoff Patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QYP8/3QsSA==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ZscGVVPrKw==
				</data>
			</dict>

Thanks for the reply, but I'm already using this patch to enable/fix 5ghz; it has no effect on handoff/hotspot for me.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm already using this patch to enable/fix 5ghz; it has no effect on handoff/hotspot for me.

Are you using this one as well?

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Handoff Fix</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				SIX/dEdIiwc=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>