Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

Yeah, like this :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>15F</string>
Don't forget to repair permissions and to rebuild cache.

Of course, just didn't know putting only 15F would work, so I just put the full build number and it didn't work. Trying now.

Edit: Not working for me. EVGA GTX950

Of course, just didn't know putting only 15F would work, so I just put the full build number and it didn't work. Trying now.

Edit: Not working for me. EVGA GTX950

Why are you using the developer preview OS exactly?

Edit***

My Package was remove today17 April 2016

because the thread as linked the package for web Driver 10.11.5

-----------------------------------------

Here my  Temporary solution

My Working Package attaching bellow

I follow this solution for repackaging the Package

Thanks joe75  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306146-any-nvidia-web-drivers-for-10104-perfect-storm-upgraded-to-gtx-960-and-public-beta/?p=2135364

sans_t17.png

11.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

1) To boot with bad or incompatible NVIDIA Web drivers just type nv_disable=1 at boot time

2) bibidi bobidi bu:post-674334-0-58172300-1461197826_thumb.jpg

to unistall the Web Driver ther's no need  to find difficult or funcy things, just use the NVIDIA Driver Manager:

post-674334-0-77055400-1461196439_thumb.png

and by magician your bad drivers will disappear  :D

3) or, this app: --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/474-nvidia®-webdriver-updaterapp/

..is able to fake NVDAStartupWeb.kext from previous and already installed versions (that you have installed before the beta update?) in 2 nanoseconds:

post-674334-0-58962400-1461197053_thumb.png

permissions are also repaired automatically  :D

4) NVIDIA has no made a 3 chars beta-build as for old beta versions published in past, this mean that Web Drivers can have some incompatibilities with the newer kernel. So patching NVDAStartupWeb.kext can make it work your card again or not (also can make your OS no longer bootable). Otherwise just wait for a new release ;)

• Like 3

My PNY GTX 570 (device-id 0x108610DE) + 10.11.5 build 15F24b + 346.03.10b1 = FAILED (black screen + reboot)

• system log: kernel[0]: NVDAStartup: Web
If I boot with FakeID (0x108110DE), it works fine but only with stock driver
  • system log: kernel[0]: NVDAStartup: Official (Forced)

So I just wanted to try a funny thing - have patched 15F into 15F24b, my card works again with original device-id

• system log: kernel[0]: NVDAStartup: Official

but Nvidia Driver Manager says I booted with Web Driver

Capture d’écran 2016-04-21 à 02.47.26.png

:frantics:

• Like 2

My PNY GTX 570 (device-id 0x108610DE) + 10.11.5 build 15F24b + 346.03.10b1 = FAILED (black screen + reboot)

• system log: kernel[0]: NVDAStartup: Web
If I boot with FakeID (0x108110DE), it works fine but only with stock driver
  • system log: kernel[0]: NVDAStartup: Official (Forced)

So I just wanted to try a funny thing - have patched 15F into 15F24b, my card works again with original device-id

• system log: kernel[0]: NVDAStartup: Official

but Nvidia Driver Manager says I booted with Web Driver

attachicon.gifCapture d’écran 2016-04-21 à 02.47.26.png

:frantics:

did you make sure you used nv_drv=1 ? I had the same problem as well until I found out my config.plist got resetted (Dunno how) and when I removed nv_drv=1 and added it back after a reboot it worked :)

• Like 1

You do mean nvda_drv=1, right?  ^_^

The web driver installer makes this job for you (the flag is added in nvram.plist file), so you don't need this boot flag in your config.plist  :)

My example may be an isolated case - so there's no guarantee that it will work for everyone.

You do mean nvda_drv=1, right?   ^_^

The web driver installer makes this job for you (the flag is added in nvram.plist file), so you don't need this boot flag in your config.plist   :)

My example may be an isolated case - so there's no guarantee that it will work for everyone.

Yeah sorry I meant that one, somehow nvda_drv=1 is in my NVRAM tho, dunno if I can remove it from my config.plist for now, will try out later ;)

• Like 1

Updated to 10.11.4 and also the web driver to the most recent version and I can't get into desktop, I get gray screen with mouse pointer, no more...

EDIT. Using the TAB key and typing the password I got into desktop, so my problem is that I can't see the login screen... Any suggestions?

HI I have the same proble with a MSI 740GT... do you find the answer to this problem???

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, in log — NVDAStartupWeb: Web

But then system started I see OS X Default Driver. I can change it to NVIDIA Web driver, but it don't give me window with Restart button — nothing changes... top line not transparent

May be I need add

dart=0

npci=0x2000

or

Trust = true 

?

Nothing work...

Same here.