Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

That's just what I was referring to. It downloads all right, but patching the driver results in spinning beachball... MKL lets one to edit plist easily inside the kext and makes sure the permissions are set correctly.

Can you give me a patched NVDAStartupWeb.kext by NVIDIA Web Drivers Updater.app? thanks

Can you give me a patched NVDAStartupWeb.kext by NVIDIA Web Drivers Updater.app? thanks

It never produces one nowadays, but I'll need to see about that after I've installed the security update...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

So i would change the NVDAStartupWeb.kext .plist by hand! I always do that with an .plist editor (even Textedit would work).

Simple copy that .kext to desktop, Finder show content, open .plist and edit the .plist.

Then use some kext install utility to install that changes .kext from desktop to /S/L/E. ( i use Kextwizard, old but good).

After that, the prelinked kernel  automatically should have been updated (newer time date than before) , but can take up to 1 Min after finishing the util/kext install.

• Like 1

So i would change the NVDAStartupWeb.kext .plist by hand! I always do that with an .plist editor (even Textedit would work).

Simple copy that .kext to desktop, Finder show content, open .plist and edit the .plist.

Then use some kext install utility to install that changes .kext from desktop to /S/L/E. ( i use Kextwizard, old but good).

After that, the prelinked kernel  automatically should have been updated (newer time date than before) , but can take up to 1 Min after finishing the util/kext install.

That's just what I do, but as an editor I like to use aforementioned MKL... Let's see what happens when i have the time to tinker.

IDK what negative impact by doing these; except "invalid signature". But on 10.11.6 (15G1502) NVIDIA WebDriver-346.03.15f07 just loaded & it works.  :)

Thanks for that pic, there's all the info I need :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Works also with 15G1602 (Security Update Developer Beta 2017-003)

Yeah, still has no sign for Pascal support under 10.11.6 though.. and since 10.13 Dev release is near (on June), I'm not sure but who know?  :lol:

post-826765-0-58433700-1495042526_thumb.jpg

Yeah, still has no sign for Pascal support under 10.11.6 though.. and since 10.13 Dev release is near (on June), I'm not sure but who know?

If only I could try Sierra, but my Mini isn't new enough...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After foolishly installing latest apple update  :wallbash: to 10.11.6 (15G1611)

build 15G1510 is no longer compatible...

I get this error when trying to reinstall:

Mac OS X version is not compatible

Mac OS X version 10.11.6 (15G1611) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.

I get this error when trying to reinstall:

Mac OS X version is not compatible

Mac OS X version 10.11.6 (15G1611) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.

Just wait for new Web driver official release from Nvidia then...  :lol:

Just wait for new Web driver official release from Nvidia then...  :lol:

Ouch!

Anyway, crisis averted. Managed to rollback using Time Machine backup. Now all good.

Other El Capitan updaters beware! Nvidia web drivers are not supported after 15G1611 update! 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't work with NVIDIA Quadro FX1800 WebDriver: WebDriver-346.03.15f01.pkg (15G31), any how to fix it?

I set nvda_drv=1 with both Injected Nvidia or not

Running Hardware: ASRock Extreme6, XEON E5 2620 v2 

• 2 months later...

WebDriver-346.03.15f01.pkg not working after the latest security update. El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G17023) 31/10/2017 (Not compatible)

Hope a fix comes quick! Why is Apples default driver from way back in 01/07/2016, version GeForce 10.10.14 310.42.25f02?

The WebDrivers are pinned to a single macOS build number.
Until there is an official update you can replace Info.plist below this path with the attached version:

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents

This invalidates the signature of the WebDriver but will work as long as loading unsigned kexts is allowed.

Before booting with the patched WebDriver rebuilding the kernel cache is required.

The WebDrivers should be functional again now.

NVDAStartupWeb_2017_004_plist.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

We've had one mac update automatically and had to apply the latest web driver 346.03.15f10 on 15G17023. The issue now is that we can't use GPU rendering via Cinema 4D and Octane as it constantly crashes. Is there any way to rollback to 15G1611? 

I've tried to install the earlier web driver 346.03.15f09 but that didn't end well!

I've tried to install several versions of cuda and all still crash octane.

Any ideas would be great please as don't really want to reinstall el captain and all of the apps (I should have made a time machine backup).

Hello

We've had one mac update automatically and had to apply the latest web driver 346.03.15f10 on 15G17023. The issue now is that we can't use GPU rendering via Cinema 4D and Octane as it constantly crashes. Is there any way to rollback to 15G1611? 

I've tried to install the earlier web driver 346.03.15f09 but that didn't end well!

I've tried to install several versions of cuda and all still crash octane.

Any ideas would be great please as don't really want to reinstall el captain and all of the apps (I should have made a time machine backup).

If you have a Time Machine backup you can rollback, otherwise I dont know

• 3 weeks later...

346.03.15f10 works also fine with 10.11.6 (15G18013) - Security Update Developer Beta 2017-005.

(Mini late 2009, dunno why I keep on installing these...)

The driver may work fine, but NVIDIA's installer doesn't work for 15g18013. Does anyone know of a fix or manual installation procedure?

I updated from 10.11.3 to 10.11.6, updated the web drivers, and everything still worked fine *until* the security update (which brought me to 15G18013). Now I can only boot the OSX driver (i.e. nv_disable=1). I've tried patching the info.plist via Xcode with the later build number, but that didn't work, either. Thanks!

Update: I extracted the new bundles and kexts with Pacifist, loaded with Kext Wizard, rebuilt cache, replaced the info.plist file with the one above, and then with one modified for 15G18013 but still not working 100%. At least now, with nv_disable, f10 is showing up and the performance is okay-ish. Enough to keep tinkering... but will probably just clean install Sierra after all!