Faust93's Ports

faust93

35 posts in this topic

Faust What about Shakespeer? It's a great dc++ client

Here is the app/source

http://shakespeer.sourceforge.net/

It's just a hint, I'm not so skilled to be able to compile it.

ok. but it's tricky one.. i've compiled it (needs fresh automake and some modifications in .rb script) . it runs, get a hub list but can't connect to any selected hub.. i'll see why a bit later, have no time for now..

ok. but it's tricky one.. i've compiled it (needs fresh automake and some modifications in .rb script) . it runs, get a hub list but can't connect to any selected hub.. i'll see why a bit later, have no time for now..

Great! Keep us informed

Anyway thanks for your effort.

faust93 - if you wouldn't mind, keep us posted on your progress and write up a little something about what you've learned for those who might be porting their own software! Just the challenges that you ran into, problems you realized you could fix, etc. It would help many on this forum out. Thanks!

faust93 - if you wouldn't mind, keep us posted on your progress and write up a little something about what you've learned for those who might be porting their own software! Just the challenges that you ran into, problems you realized you could fix, etc. It would help many on this forum out. Thanks!

I second that motion, if you have the time. I come from a Linux at home/Win32 at work background and would certainly appreciate a jump start in the Mac porting details.

Shakespeer 0.8-1CVS x86.

http://s1.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/69225ff53ffcdbbc/

What I've done:

1. Give it fresh automake

2. Ruby scipt - parse-iso3166.rb - doesn't work (Apple's Ruby build broken? complains about undefined _rb_define_module_under symbol in /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.0/socket.bundle). Fetch iso-3166 list (txt file with country codes) manualy and modify .rb script to get it from file instead of http.

3. Remove -Werror flag from gui/Aqua/Makefile (otherwise it stops compiling after first warning)

4. Figure out problem with connection to selected hub.

gui/Aqua/SPPublicHubsController.m in (void)setHubsFromList:(GList *)hublist procedure.

I'm novice to Cocoa/Obj-C so I don't know exactly why default construction doesn't work but after i've

modify [hub setObject:[str truncatedString:NSLineBreakByTruncatingTail] forKey:@"address"] to

[hub setObject:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%s",[str UTF8String]] forKey:@"address"] it works ok!

ps: sorry for my bad english. my native is russian :-)

Great! I will try as soon as possible (I'm on PPC os X at the moment), I didn't understand everything you said concerning the porting but I'm too profane.....

Which platform do you use to compile? In this case I noticed that the app doesn't use Xcode cause it's too related to the architecture and the main purpose of the author is make it cross-platform.

I noticed a little difference about the size of the 2 packages, the PPC is something like 18Mb, yours is 2Mb.....What does it depend on?

automake? Something related to Gnu Autotools... How can I do that in mac os X?

How can I install those components (Gnu ones)?

Where to give the command? In the terminal?

Thanks you're a little genious

Seeing that you had no problem porting application

you can port this app, its source code is available at:

http://themechanger.sourceforge.net/

info:

ThemeChanger switches your theme in MacOS X. It supports the .theme and .dlta formats, and generates an aqua backup automatically. You can also restore the aqua backup via single-user mode, if an installed theme damages your system.

Thanks, the request is addressed to every geek out there!

Thanks for the fine ports! If you're looking for another challange, I'd love to see gkrellem ported...

yep, Gkrellm is fine tool.. but afraid that porting it'll be not a trivial task. First - it uses GTK (not a problem, just need X11 running), second (most significant) - monitoring plugins for Gkrellm heavily depends on /proc filesystem and as i know - darwin lack it.

btw. I've ported X Resource Graph - osx native tool similar to Gkrellm.

try it.

Download Link: http://s2.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/3857730deb0c860c/

Which platform do you use to compile? In this case I noticed that the app doesn't use Xcode cause it's too related to the architecture and the main purpose of the author is make it cross-platform.

I noticed a little difference about the size of the 2 packages, the PPC is something like 18Mb, yours is 2Mb.....What does it depend on?

automake? Something related to Gnu Autotools... How can I do that in mac os X?

How can I install those components (Gnu ones)?

Where to give the command? In the terminal?

I'm on deadmoo's 10.4.1. Yes, core of shakespeer is cross-platform and consist from two CLI daemons - sphubd and sphashd, aqua gui is just a wrapper for them. About use of Xcode - you can always compile Xcode projects from command line too, just use /usr/bin/xcodebuild. Concerning different size - i don't know why.. need to analyze ppc package to figure out.

You're right about automake, and it's included in Xcode tools by default, but shakespeer's autogen.sh needs latest version of it to generate configure script, so i download and compile it myself.

Yep, the whole thing builds from command line.

what wrong with it? it compiles without any error! but i've no themes to test it.

Finder can't change the theme (applications is skinned, but finder still in aqua/brushed metal)

if you can take a look whats happen when the theme is changing and finder can't

would be great :P (i really don't know why thats happen)

you can grab some dlta themes on macthemes.net forums or just try to convert it self some guikit to dlta

a good place to start i suggest you making tests with iridium's dlta files, i thing sagefire can offer you the resources of theme to analise on themepark and some support :)