Apple Reports iPods Infected with Windows Virus

sHARD>>

39 posts in this topic

Apple is very quick in responding to this issue. that affects 1% of the recent iPod sold.. but on RANDOM SHUTDOWN...per my readings affects atleast 10%.... there are still need to acknowledged fully with detail on the issue... not just letting it brought for repair and will come again in the future... its random..

hey i1sam,

the random shutdown...could you tell me more about it? I also have this problem from time to time and was wondering when it started hapenning to you...

well first it was iTunes that killed your iPod on Windows and now it is your iPod that kills Windows... never been interested in an iPod to begin with as my iAudio may have only 1GB of storage but it does have 1000 possible LCD colors, more audio file format support, pretty much a mixers worth of adjustment options, recording to various bit rates of WAV and MP3 from the Mic or Line In jack, radio in four countries etc etc etc.. oh and it has 20+ hours on a rechargeable AAA battery. if i were to get a new MP3 or Video portable player i'll get another iAudio or iRiver.

Sorry but this is 100% Apple's fault. Why? They keep on about how great OSX is (and yes I do agree on the OSX greatness part, though all of Apple's stuff? no.) and use Windows to format iPods? Ok, how stupid. :D They know Winblows has so much problems with Malware/Spyware and Viruses and they risk this? No, it is not Microsoft's fault or Windows fault, it is Apple's fur using Windows. Next time I get a new iPod, I will bring it to work and have out mac guys format it for me.

Your opinion, but if you use somebody as labor then you are responsible for the actions of said labor. That is the way the law says.

Last time I checked being stupid was not illegal.

And there was no law broken here, it was just stupid and unfortunate.

Apple is ultimately responsible for how it's products are put together, and I hope they take measures to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

If it happens again, then Apple is stupid.

Nothing illegal, till said virus destroys a system, then a lawsuit.

Interesting,

A civil lawsuit, does not represent anything illegal.

Do you have an example of such a civil lawsuit, for a virus destroying someones system?

I'd very much like to read up on the civil case law, if you have such an example.

I do not, but I can guarantee you if I had a system that was wiped out due to this, my lawyer would handle it. Example? Hmm..... ok, how about this: Dell laptop battery replacement. Some did catch on fire, shown in the pictures on the news. So say the laptop also damaged a table or what ever that is was sitting on, that is neglagence(sp?) and is "illegal" due to poor quality control. Thus going to court the judge, hopefully if the judge is not a crazy loon like some are in this country, would give the person with the laptop a small settlement to replace the laptop and other damages such as the table or what not and thus Dell would lose. Same case with Apple, though the virus woud destroy data such as family photos, videos, school/work documents. Trust me, if a woman can sue McDonald's over hot coffee and it was HER fault (that is my opinion), then this will go through.

I do not, but I can guarantee you if I had a system that was wiped out due to this, my lawyer would handle it. Example? Hmm..... ok, how about this: Dell laptop battery replacement. Some did catch on fire, shown in the pictures on the news. So say the laptop also damaged a table or what ever that is was sitting on, that is neglagence(sp?) and is "illegal" due to poor quality control. Thus going to court the judge, hopefully if the judge is not a crazy loon like some are in this country, would give the person with the laptop a small settlement to replace the laptop and other damages such as the table or what not and thus Dell would lose. Same case with Apple, though the virus woud destroy data such as family photos, videos, school/work documents. Trust me, if a woman can sue McDonald's over hot coffee and it was HER fault (that is my opinion), then this will go through.

Exactly, while you can initiate a civil suit for negligence and try to recoup some cost (real and/or suffering), it is not because it is "illegal".