DSDT i3 2310M Sandybridge

JochiePiet

71 posts in this topic

Hi,

I simply lack the knowledge to compile a correct dsdt file for my Median laptop E6221:

processor: i3 2310M 2,1 GHz 1Sandybridge

8 GB SDRAM

IntelHD 3000 series graphics

Centrino Wirelss N100

I have managed to install Yosemite on it and it runs very nicely except for one major problem the power management:

I have installed the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and removed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I have updated org.chameleon.Boot.plist so that it uses a dsdt.aml and drops SSDT. No generation of P and C states.

The ssdt file has been generated following the script of Pike R Alpha.

Since I do not understand the contents of the dsdt file, I have finally decided to use a downloaded file from someone who uses a i3 2330M processor. I have attached the dsdt.aml and the ssdt.aml file

I would very much appreciate someone' s kind help with this. I also would like to study this dsdt file but have not found an understandable tutorial sofar.

Thanks in advance for everyone who pushes me a bit further in the right direction. I am very much enjoying all of this.

dsdt.aml.zip

ssdt.aml.zip

Thank you for your quick answer. Perhaps I have not stated my problem clearly. My laptop is suffering from sleep problems... It does not fall asleep correctly and if it falls kind of asleep it does not wake anymore I have to reboot.

I have generated the ssdt again following Pike R Alpha . Just to be sure.

I would like to attach it but that does not seem possible in this reply.

Anyway: I will follow your suggestion and will report what happened.

Thank you again. So I stated DropSSDT in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and put the - according to Pike R Alpha generated - ssdt.aml in the Extra folder.

It did not boot but got stuck. No KP.

I have put NullCPUPowermanagement.kext again in /System/Library/Extensions, replaced org.chameleon.Boot.plist by the original one and the laptop booted again.

So now I will try your second suggestion and use the console.app. I will get back to you asap.

There is no wake reason in the log. Perhaps because NullCPUPowerManagment.kext is loaded?

To summarize:

Laptop will not boot if I just configure org.chameleon.Boot.plist to DropSSDT, use the generated ssdt.amland the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Laptop does boot if I configure org.chameleon.Boot.plist to use dsdt.aml, DropSSDT and use the generated ssdt.aml and the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

I will check all of this again to check if I did not make  a mistake in stating my problem. Sometimes you start doubting your own memory.

What do you mean by " post one pit" ?

Anyway I will take a timeout for this afternoon to think it all over. 

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

So I have come to the following conclusion:

If AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is loaded the laptop gets stuck at boottime regardless if any of dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml, simbios.plist are involved or just two or not at all. Verbose booting tells me that it stops booting at: " IONetworkControllerenable::" 

So to me (rookie) based upon all kinds of Internet information there is something wrong with my dsdt.aml file (attached in the first post). Since I do not have any clue how to handle this dsdt file help is very much appreciated. I am very willing to study this. So far I did not find an understandable tutorial. Of course if there is a kind person around who can fix my dsdt.aml file that is okay too although I would like to understand what is happening.

By the way: I do not know how to attach files to this reply. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Which SMBIOS are you running?

For a iMAC 11,3. See Attached file. Must be the wrong file since laptop gets stuck at boottime while using this smbios.plist. Gives a " BOARD ERROR"  on verbose booting. So I have decided not to use a simbios.plist anymore for the time being. First the sleep issue should be resolved. Thank you for your interest though.

I will take a look in your DSDT, wait please...

See here about upload files: How to upload files or kexts.

How you enabled the IntelHD 3000?

I do not know how to check this so I am not able to answer your question.

smbios.plist.zip

For a iMAC 11,3. See Attached file. Must be the wrong file since laptop gets stuck at boottime while using this smbios.plist. Gives a " BOARD ERROR"  on verbose booting. So I have decided not to use a simbios.plist anymore for the time being. First the sleep issue should be resolved. Thank you for your interest though.

You should use an SMBIOS if possible.  It is important that it match your hardware as closely as possible.  The iMac11,3 is not for a laptop with a Sandy Bridge chipset like yours.  You need to use an SMBIOS for the iMac that is at least 12,1.  Or, you can use an SMBIOS for a MacBook Pro.  I would recommend that.  If you use Clover Configurator, select the SMBIOS for MacBookPro8,1.

• Like 1

hello

if u don't know how to use the dsdt .. and maybe is wrong one.. u don't use it ...

clover don't need to use a dsdt file..

u can use the original one .. in bios.. and if u need u can apply some patches present in clover..

can also use the several key and functions in the loader.. clover..

if u use chameleon .. u can work with it to .. without a patched dsdt .. chameleon apply the minimum patch in dsdt to boot os x..

DSDT is not GOD .. incompatible hardware never will be compatible with patched dsdt.. patched dsdt can help os x see some hardware and load several kext need to the system ..

but if u don't know how to use it and what is for .. don't use it

good hack

Done!

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

Thank you so much. It is amazing! Would it be possible to explain what you did or would that take too much of your time? Perhaps in a separate mail.

As far I know right now powermanagement/sleep mode is fine!

Added on 24 januari 2015: The following problem existed: the minute one touches the trackpad the keyboard gets "frozen", connection to keyboard is lost.  Finally (see all the next posts) I could get rid of this problem by removing  VoodooPS2Mouse.kext and VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext. After I had done so the mouse was still working but the trackpad was not.

• Like 1

Ok.

I will take a look later. I'm in my job now.  :(  (Working on a Sunday)

I defenitely do not want to take too much of your time. You have already been very helpful to me. So to spare some of your time  maybe you are willing to give me some hints. I am using the Chameleon Wizard so it is very easy to change the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

Ok, soory for my delay, is a lot of things to think...

Mark this in Chameleon Wizard:

attachicon.gifnn.png

You do not have to apologize for "delays". There is really no rush. I am just very curious if my laptop can act as a MacPro. Your help has been essential to accomplish this.

I have tried your suggestion and unfortunately it does not solve the problem.

The laptop is doing fine even after awaking from sleep. The only remaining problem is that the keyboard connection gets lost the minute I use the touchpad. I have to reboot then. I will keep on experimenting (with some kext's). It seems to me that the touchpad kext messes up the keyboard text in some way.

Suggestions are welcome of course but in your own time. I will not hassle you again. Thank you so much!!

• Like 1