Ozmosis modded BIOS Repository

Pavo

272 posts in this topic

That's too bad intel raid is not supported and that no one cant take a Linux driver for intel raid and convert it over for osx.

Anyhow can't figure out how ozmtool generates guids? I used to kext2ffs to make that kext using ozmtool but its guid conflicted with another ffs..

Thanks.

Hey guys,

Great work on providing the patched BIOS for various motherboards. I was wondering... I'm building a HackPro using the new x99 platform. Is it possible for Ozmosis to work on it? The motherboard I'll be using is a Gigabyte X99M Gaming-5 motherboard... I would rather use Ozmosis than going the route of doing something like Clover. I love the idea of just being able to update with no issues and not having to jump through hoops...

Thanks for any help!

Here's the latest BIOS just in case you guys want to pick at it. Thanks again!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/652ogbftjg2xf7w/mb_bios_ga-x99m-gaming5_f3.zip?dl=0

Hey guys,

Great work on providing the patched BIOS for various motherboards. I was wondering... I'm building a HackPro using the new x99 platform. Is it possible for Ozmosis to work on it? The motherboard I'll be using is a Gigabyte X99M Gaming-5 motherboard... I would rather use Ozmosis than going the route of doing something like Clover. I love the idea of just being able to update with no issues and not having to jump through hoops...

Thanks for any help!

Here's the latest BIOS just in case you guys want to pick at it. Thanks again!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/652ogbftjg2xf7w/mb_bios_ga-x99m-gaming5_f3.zip?dl=0

Sorry but does not impossible!!!Ozmosis does not supported on X99 motherboard!!!!

Try again with Clover!!!!

• Like 1

If anyone can help me I bricked my gigabyte board and all I can do is get into the efi shell. I cant even get into bios setup.

Was up too late and had the dual bios switch the wrong way!

Please someone help!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H

Edit: I am happy to say that I was able to recover. I found out pressing 'End' runs the flash utility which worked even after I spent an hour trying to get AfuEfi flash utility to work which was a bust but alls well that ends well. Exhausted. 

• 4 weeks later...

Are you asking me to make this for Oz and test it? Or just make it and upload it so you can test it?

Done and in repository 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bzy05-VIsW3LR1p4SGMxX0JRWkE&usp=drive_web

Regarding the Z97MX-Gaming 5, the official F5 bios (non-beta) has been released, is it possible to get this one updated to the official BIOS?

Thank you!

Ok. I modding bios for GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 _ F5

Settings bios like this

AHCI-Mode : Enabled
XHCI-Mode : Auto
XHCI-Hand Off : Enabled
EHCI-Hand Off : Enabled
vt-D f : Disable
Wake On Lan : Disable
Secure Boot : Disable
CPU EIST : Disable
Internal Processor Graphics : Disable
You use a IntelHD change to like this:-->
Internal  Processor Graphics Memory: 32M <- Important:if you have a problem change to 64/96 64/96M
DVMT Total Memory Size : MAX
Intel Speedstep: Disabled

Good luck.

just a reminder; this and all the latest GA bios can't be down graded after these updates..

A downgrade should still be possible with the backup bios. Anyone got the error message when trying to downgrade? Is it this one? "The current BIOS image is outdated. Please use the new version of BIOS to update your BIOS!"

Was just wondering if its safe to transplant bios modules from the Gigabyte Z97X-UD5h into the Z87X-UD5h? I tried inserting the Marvell Efi Sata MV9192.ffs driver into my Z87X-UD5H bios without issue as Gigabyte has not provided a new bios in 11 months.  Also just wanted to note I got VT-D working with Ozmosis. On my Gigabyte board it use to lockup the posting process. Has anyone noticed that aswell?

Thanks.

Was just wondering if its safe to transplant bios modules from the Gigabyte Z97X-UD5h into the Z87X-UD5h? I tried inserting the Marvell Efi Sata MV9192.ffs driver into my Z87X-UD5H bios without issue as Gigabyte has not provided a new bios in 11 months.  Also just wanted to note I got VT-D working with Ozmosis. On my Gigabyte board it use to lockup the posting process. Has anyone noticed that aswell?

Thanks.

For update drivers module into bios, try to use UBU http://rghost.net/users/LongSoft/releases/UEFI-BIOS-Updater

For update drivers module into bios, try to use UBU http://rghost.net/users/LongSoft/releases/UEFI-BIOS-Updater

I have used UBU before but I was thinking more about the 'other' modules like the Gigabyte Bios Setup program. Would really love to transplant one from the Z97 boards or even from the Gigabyte Gamer edition boards if it was possible. Think the module in question is CoolGUIDxe but not sure if  it work or if it has dependencies. In anycase I turned off Vt-D again and turned on CSM support once more as my bios had random failed posting again. Seems stable now.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Sorry to ask two times but i have a gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev1.3) i would like ozmosis in the firmware of this board i have tryed it will boot into mac installer and then black screen maybe defaults list is wrong video card is asus hd7950-dc2-3gd5.

Sorry to ask two times but i have a gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev1.3) i would like ozmosis in the firmware of this board i have tryed it will boot into mac installer and then black screen maybe defaults list is wrong video card is asus hd7950-dc2-3gd5.

is it AMD radeon? you need to know which kind of framebuffer you need to put in ozmosisdefaults.plist as can i see it seems it's supported out of the box