I have been using my hackintosh for a while without any problems, until my monitor is replaced with a new one... Previously I was using 2 monitors connected via HDMI + DVI, now - with new one, I am using HDMI + DP, and my hackintosh stopped working. On every boot, everything I see is black screen... When I connect only one monitor (via HDMI or DP) - everything works fine.
I have tried many things:
- CSM off / on
- PEG + iGPU (64MB/128MB) / only PEG
- SSDT patching / DeviceProperties patch
- VBIOS reflash
- BIOS reflash
- Changing cables
- Resetting NVRAM
- Changing SMBIOS
Nothing helps… Fun fact - for 2 days everything was ok, the black screen problem appeared suddenly... So I am writing this post, maybe someone more knowledgeable will be able to help me
- Intel Core i5 4690k 3,5GHz (overclocked to 4,4GHz)
- MSI Z97 Gaming 3
- MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
- Kingston 16GB DDR3
- macOS Big Sur
- Dual boot with Windows 10
- Acer VG272U 2560x1440@170Hz (connected via DP 1.4)
- LG 23MP48 1920x1080@60 (connected via HDMI 2.0)
- OpenCore 0.6.3
- Full EFI: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eul7SnOEunfJOxBGD3Ygcmkc9f80DrlN/view?usp=sharing
- UEFI Boot Mode
- CFG Lock and VT-D are disabled
- iGPU is disabled right now, but it doesn't make any difference somehow in this situation. iGPU is HD4600
- I have SSDT patch in my ACPI folder, which works fine - R9 390 works pretty fast, but I have never edited AMD8000Controller - is it required?
- I also have all needed kexts (AppleALC, AetherosE2200Ethernet, Lilu, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen)
- if I made linguistic mistakes somewhere - forgive me, I don't use English every day
Currently my install is 100% working except that so far I have only been able to get one of my 1080p monitors working with a MiniDP to HDMI cable. I currently am getting a second MiniDP to HDMI cable but for now I am stuck with a DVI to HDMI cable.
The monitor that is working is plugged in via the MiniDP to HDMI. The monitor that isn't working is using the DVI cable. However I also tried switching it to HDMI to HDMI which had the same result. The monitor wakes up but it's black. However for whatever reason, both monitors are still recognized in system preferences and hackintool.
I know all my cables are good and work because I updated from an install of El Capitan (which I still have on it's original SSD just in case this install fails) as well as a Windows install. Both monitors worked fine on El Capitan for literally years. El Capitan is just too old now and I need to update to keep up with software updates.
Problem reporting files should provide needed info about how I've configured this install. Build is in my signature.