Best P2P for Osx86?

eboneceo

22 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Transmission isn't allowed by certain trackers like Oink so I stopped using it. Tomato is working but can't say I like it, but it does work. A uTorrent port would be primo. A emulated bulky java ap like Azureus does not sound fun to me so I havent tried it yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys, transmission is the very best. I never heard before from it but i'm using it for one hour now and it's very fast. Before i used bittorrent (Azureus don't work) for osx86 and it was downloading at 10-25 KB/s maximum.

I launched transmission and after 3 minutes it was downloading at 80-200 KB/s. It also connect very fast to peers.

So transmission rules!!

Guys, transmission is the very best. I never heard before from it but i'm using it for one hour now and it's very fast. Before i used bittorrent (Azureus don't work) for osx86 and it was downloading at 10-25 KB/s maximum.

I launched transmission and after 3 minutes it was downloading at 80-200 KB/s. It also connect very fast to peers.

So transmission rules!!

I agree. I thought Tomato was okay until tody. I've been trying to download a certain "digital life suite" but Tomato keeps crapping out (and loosing peers). It starts out at like 15K/s and gradually slips down to <1K/s within a half an hour. So after having to restart it several times, I dld Transmission, and 80K/s immediately and climbing. In the time it took me to write this, It had just hit 140 (my upload limit was 150). Transmission kicks ass!

I'm downloading Ilife06 for 80 hours now, and i have only 50% done. In the beginning i was downloading with transmission at a high speed, because it slowed down to 2 kb/s i switched to bits on wheels,now at 5 kb/s.

There are a lot of seeders now and it still slows more and more down. I tried also Tomato, witch sucks.

I know Azureus is the very best but it doesn't work. I tried everything (chmod, rosetta) but no luck. It launch for a second and then stops again. I'm using the 10.4.3 update.

Any suggestions?

Also is it possible to download a torrent with two programs at the same time? I'm trying it out right now with transmission and bits on wheels. They are downloading together at 17 kb/s.

Edited by red_bull

Transmission isn't allowed by certain trackers like Oink so I stopped using it. Tomato is working but can't say I like it, but it does work. A uTorrent port would be primo. A emulated bulky java ap like Azureus does not sound fun to me so I havent tried it yet.

You absolutely should try to Azureus

It works very nicely, max speed and never crash.

There is a intel version

Best apps for Bittorent

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I use transmission. In my osx86 system it works perfect (clients like uTorrent just crashed) and I got full speed with it (I reach up 60.0 k while my internet connection usually allows only 45.0 k)