no, sorry

just a gtx 570

but  I only can get it working with web driver

with vanilla driver, I have a black screen

build 14C81f and web driver 343.01.03b01 modded   attachicon.giftest3.zip

attachicon.gif1.png

attachicon.gif2.png

build 14C81f and web driver 343.02.01f01 modded   test4.zip

it should also work with the first public beta (build14C81h)

1.png

2.png

• Like 1

cwestpha,

I am OS X 10.10.1 on a Mac Pro 2,1 "Installed using SFOTT", I was told the GTX 570 HD was plug and play, but I had installed and I was getting just a black screen until I found the modded drivers from Fantomas1,   

Hmm, well there are many things that could be causing those issues. The Mac Pro 2,1 has a EFI32 based bootloader where as the 570 has BIOS and I think UEFI64. Aside from the 9xx & 7xx line I don't have much experience with NVIDIA aside from the way back 8800GT & 285 GTX I had in my old Mac Pro 3,1. I went AMD with my builds then went back to Nvidia only with my recent 970.

You can keep using the Fantomas1 drivers, but I don't think there would be much of an improvement at this time for an older card such as your own with web drivers. You are just using them to get around an issue, not necessarily any other issues inherit in the drivers like missing support (that I can tell) or fixes for your card. The new updates mostly deal with Nvidia building out support for the 9xx, 750 TI series and a few driver bugs. For the most part you 570 is old enough its driver code is rather stable and established so aside from OS compatibility and not getting that back screen you shouldn't have to worry to much. You can try of course, but dont be suprised if you have to boot with an nv_disable=1 flag and roll back the web drivers.

I tried the latest drivers on Yosemite, still getting screen corruption on my GTX670, especially under "heavy load" i.e. Photoshop running in "Advanced" graphics performance mode, streaming video and having all three display plugged in. Changing any one of those parameters (like unplugging the 3rd display) and the corruption goes away.

The issue does not exist at all on Mavericks with the same hardware and bootloader (clover.)

Nvidia is working on some clocking and other issues that have cropped up in its drivers. Yosemite and their most recent branch of drivers lined up in such a way that they have had issues. Also why you dont see 9xx and other newer architectures being back-ported to 10.9 in official channels. Nvidia is trying to line up its Windows, OS X, and Linux work the last year or so and these just happen to be the results. They want to push forward for OS X and Linux because of smaller market share, not have to keep testing backwards like they do with Windows. Then again Apple goes out of its way to make it a pain to go back and supply updates to "old" versions since they often want nothing to do with them outside of security patches.

Can I use these drivers for my Nvidia GT435M on Yosemite 10.10.1? or I have to make any modifications like editing dsdt, kexts etc?

no. Use the built in drivers if they work.

I got version 343.02.01f01 update today thru NVIDIA Driver Manager (System Preferencies).

Yep, fixed a few issues for my 970. Still quite a few issues to go, but its good to see them making regular progress. Also these drivers should soon start showing initial support for other 900 series devices as they are getting close to release.

• Like 1

Hello Cwestpha,

Today I had updated the Nvidia CUDA driver via "System Preferences" and the Nvidia web drivers from this forum: "Nvidia Web Driver - 343.02.01f01 --> 10.10.1 third public release (thanks to rednous)", everything went smooth the only application that doesn't recognize CUDA in "Sorenson Squeeze" the rest they all do, I wouldn't call this an issue but after re starting the computer the in the System Preferences CUDA tells me that I need to upgrade the driver, but I have already the lates drivers, how to solve this?.

Thanks.

Hi, is anyone getting sporadic boot kps with their 970?

No. No panics. I have yet to have it panic here on IOGraphics or IOPCIFamily or the like, i only get kicked off by WindowServer every once in a while and then the "A graphics problem has been detected" messagebox.

Hello Cwestpha,

Today I had updated the Nvidia CUDA driver via "System Preferences" and the Nvidia web drivers from this forum: "Nvidia Web Driver - 343.02.01f01 --> 10.10.1 third public release (thanks to rednous)", everything went smooth the only application that doesn't recognize CUDA in "Sorenson Squeeze" the rest they all do, I wouldn't call this an issue but after re starting the computer the in the System Preferences CUDA tells me that I need to upgrade the driver, but I have already the lates drivers, how to solve this?.

Thanks.

Everything for 9xx support is a WiP. full proper CUDA support along with OpenCL 1.2 has issues with it. Some are OS X issues like texture pop issues in 10.10.1 but others are just developing maturity of the 9xx frame buffer. Remember there is no 9xx Apple GPUs out there so we are an after thought with no direct Q&A verification against our setups. So it will work or not, hopefuly they will improve GM204 support once those mobile GPUs of this architecture start hitting iMacs and MacBook Pros

• Like 1

for reasons unknown i had to revert back to an older version. The latest drivers are making it unable for me to reboot.. checked it with safe mode to confirm. Shutdown / reboot progress went as far as unmounting everything and then just sit there doing nothing not making the actual reboot call

Hey all, could anyone help me with my issue? I have installed the 3rd release and got it work with gigabytes 750ti under yosemite 10.10.1(14b25) but after some time of normal use, reboot! I was bloody damned by various issues! If someone could help, THANK YOU! GOD BLESS YOU!

Everything for 9xx support is a WiP. full proper CUDA support along with OpenCL 1.2 has issues with it. Some are OS X issues like texture pop issues in 10.10.1 but others are just developing maturity of the 9xx frame buffer. Remember there is no 9xx Apple GPUs out there so we are an after thought with no direct Q&A verification against our setups. So it will work or not, hopefuly they will improve GM204 support once those mobile GPUs of this architecture start hitting iMacs and MacBook Pros

Think we'll get any new models with Maxwell before mid-2015? Can't see how the new cylindrical Mac Pros would even support some kind of external Quadro. Hoping there'll be some sort of decent support before late 2015 ... that's a long wait.

Think we'll get any new models with Maxwell before mid-2015? Can't see how the new cylindrical Mac Pros would even support some kind of external Quadro. Hoping there'll be some sort of decent support before late 2015 ... that's a long wait.

Depends on who gives Apple the best deal while being able to support 3 4K streams and good OpenCL performance. The latter is why AMD won last round since Nvidia tends to be less focused on OpenCL performance and more on its own CUDA. Maxwell is already prepared to head out, AMD is delayed because Apple, Samsung, and Qualcom are taking all of the fab capacity for the finer process. However its up to Apple and Intel when the Mac Pro gets refreshed and it all depends on the timing if AMD will have a solution ready in time. I assumed the 8xx series (a slight refinement of the 7xx series) would get into the last macbook pro but I was wrong there. I would think mid 2015 before we start seeing macs with the maxwell graphics architecture.

Apple and the different vendors have a lot to go through when it comes to graphics. They are several years behind in OpenGL implementation and there is a large room for improvement when it comes to driver quality. They really don't care that much about anything other then compute and accuracy (for HiDPI) when it comes to graphics.

• Like 1

Has anyone using these drivers done a benchmark with Heaven 4.0 ? Cant work out if this is likely to be the expected performance right now as they are still in development or if i have something wrong somewhere ..  I ran the bench and got a score of 1184, seems a bit low for my GTX 970 when using extreme settings on 1080p with driver 343.01.02b02 on 10.10.1.  

The new driver caused me boot issues hence the downlevel driver.  

In windows I'm probably looking at 600 points or so more with same settings.

Cheers

Edit -- Hello btw :)

Hey all, could anyone help me with my issue? I have installed the 3rd release and got it work with gigabytes 750ti under yosemite 10.10.1(14b25) but after some time of normal use, reboot! I was bloody damned by various issues! If someone could help, THANK YOU! GOD BLESS YOU!

Third release caused me issues also, didn't work it out yet... Ranged from hangs to grey screen while booting .. Had to go back to 2nd release i mention in the post above.  Im in the midst of making the box stable right now so didn't try to fix it .. Im all about the making the hardware work and doing backups to recover from when i inevitably break things..

Has anyone using these drivers done a benchmark with Heaven 4.0 ? Cant work out if this is likely to be the expected performance right now as they are still in development or if i have something wrong somewhere ..  I ran the bench and got a score of 1184, seems a bit low for my GTX 970 when using extreme settings on 1080p with driver 343.01.02b02 on 10.10.1.  

The new driver caused me boot issues hence the downlevel driver.  

In windows I'm probably looking at 600 points or so more with same settings.

Cheers

Edit -- Hello btw :)

Third release caused me issues also, didn't work it out yet... Ranged from hangs to grey screen while booting .. Had to go back to 2nd release i mention in the post above.  Im in the midst of making the box stable right now so didn't try to fix it .. Im all about the making the hardware work and doing backups to recover from when i inevitably break things..

not recently but I did do some benchmarks a while back including some GW2 shots in the 970 GTX compatibility thread. This was 10.10 DP4 with the then binary drivers

Unigine Heaven 4.0 Extreme preset @ 1600x900 8xAA windowed

60.3 FPS (min 8.6 Max 120.2)

Score 1519

Unigine Valley Extreme preset @ 1600x900 8xAA windowed

59.6 FPS (min 25.2 Max 94.3)

Score 2438 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300923-gtx-970-compatibility/?p=2066970

• Like 1

build 14C81f and web driver 343.02.01f01 modded   attachicon.giftest4.zip

it should also work with the first public beta (build14C81h)

attachicon.gif1.png

attachicon.gif2.png

I'm sorry but I've tested your drivers with 14C81h and 14C81f and can't seem to get them to work at all. All I get is a black screen and an instant reboot.

Web driver 343.02.01f01 works just fine on my GTX 970 with 10.10.1 but I would have really liked to see if 10.10.2 fixed my network problems. Guess I have to wait for Nvidia then.

not recently but I did do some benchmarks a while back including some GW2 shots in the 970 GTX compatibility thread. This was 10.10 DP4 with the then binary drivers

Unigine Heaven 4.0 Extreme preset @ 1600x900 8xAA windowed

60.3 FPS (min 8.6 Max 120.2)

Score 1519

Unigine Valley Extreme preset @ 1600x900 8xAA windowed

59.6 FPS (min 25.2 Max 94.3)

Score 2438 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300923-gtx-970-compatibility/?p=2066970

Cheers .. Something in the driver stack or indeed the Apple power management is throttling i think. Heaven never gets the card temps above 42 deg C on my 970 runs and disabling Quartz vsync, although allowing some scenes to get above 60fps, gains not much more than a few points in the end... 

How are you guys finding the beta drivers from the nvidia site? anything out for 14C94b?

The 14C68k driver linked on the first page will probably install ok and maybe work ok as well as the earlier driver package that I'm using only check the first 3 characters, i assume the later ones are the same, i never looked as I'm not on that base yet.

How are we finding them, as in are they any good?  Yes the ones I'm using while not perfect are stable and performant enough for daily use if not a wee bit buggy in places, i.e. i need to turn of hardware acceleration in Netflix Silverlight else i get flashing artefacts. Apart from that they are good enough to game with.   I dunno how to make Netflix use HTML5 yet on Safari. Never looked really if I'm honest.

If you meant how are we finding them on the Nvidia site then i dunno apart from the links here or Google.

I get black screen with 10.10.2 ,14c94 (using nvidia driver) .Only Nvidia 343.01.03b01 installs on 14C94 because nvidia put "14C" in the description file, while the previous drivers had the full ver. in the description file inside the driver.

I hope Nvidia releases new driver soon.

"Cass67" - Did you have this issue with Nvidia acceleration on previous nvidia drivers/Yosemite releases? Because I have issues with acceleration, when I use "MacBookPro " SMBios, but with iMac SMBios , acceleration works well

"Cass67" - Did you have this issue with Nvidia acceleration on previous nvidia drivers/Yosemite releases? Because I have issues with acceleration, when I use "MacBookPro " SMBios, but with iMac SMBios , acceleration works well

Never used another version yet on Yosemite as the first ones i tried are the only ones that work for me..  The others KP on boot ..   I use 343.01.02b02 with SMBios of MacMini6,2.  Ill try moving to iMac13,2 or 14,2 to see if it fixes acceleration.   Everything else works for me on this Cheers

Edit - Interesting, moving the SMBios to iMac13,2 fixed the hw acceleration issues.  Thanks :)

Edit2 - Even more interesting is i can install and use 343.02.01f01 now whereas this would hang on boot before.  This may have been a Clover issue as i was on 13,2 by default with Clover as this is what it chose for me, i couldn't change it.  Now I'm back on Chameleon i pick 13,2 and can boot these newer drivers.. Cool :)