MAC OS X Yosemite Beta 1,2,3 Hackintosh Guide

Dec_Bra1n

15 posts in this topic

This Guide is tested on Yosemite Beta 1,2,3 and Golden Master version 3.0

Screen%2BShot%2B2014-09-26%2Bat%2B11.51.

Requirements for making USB Installer 

:-USB Flash drive at least 8 GB 
:-Install OS X Yosemite Beta.app (Download it from app store)
:-Enoch Boot loader (Enoch-rev.2390) Or Chameleon Boot Loader (r2391) 
:-Kernel (retrieve it from Pacifist Essentials.pkg /System/Library/Kernels)
:-Necessary Kext for booting OS X 
:-MBR Patch if you HDD is in MBR scheme 
Create USB Installer using Disk Utility and Terminal
1.Open Disk Utility and Format your USB Flash Drive as MBR Partition Scheme with Mac OS X Extended Journaled
2.Then Mount your 10.10 Yosemite image from /Application/Install OS X Yosemite Beta /Contents/Shared Support/InstallESD.dmg)
3.Then mount BaseSystem.dmg by using this terminal commands
    open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg
4.Restore “OS X Base System” to your USB Flash Drive using disk utility

5.Navigate to USB drive/System/Installation & Delete the “Packages” Alias then copy the "Packages" folder from “OS X Install ESD” to this location.

6. Copy BaseSystem.chunklist and BaseSystem.dmg from InstallESD.dmg to USB

7. Install Enoch Boot Loader (Enoch-rev.2390 and higher) or Chameleon Boot Loader (r2391)on USB drive

8. Create the new folder name as "Extra" on the USB

9. Put SMBIOS in Extra folder 8.1 for Laptop support and 3.1 for Desktop support

10. Copy Following kexts to /USB/System/Library/Extensions/ on your USB stick

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

FakeSMC.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

And delete following Kext from /USB/System/Library/Extensions/ 
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext
11.Make a Org.Chameleon.Boot.Plist with following
Screen%2BShot%2B2014-09-27%2Bat%2B1.58.1 Screen%2BShot%2B2014-09-27%2Bat%2B1.16.4
If you are HP user like me then simply Add cpus=1 along with kext-dev-mode=1 for botting OS X to avoid Kernel Panic related to LocalACPI see the images for better understanding 
12.Create the new folder on the USB/System/Library/ name as "Kernels" and place your kernel which you retrieved it from Essential.pkg which is placed in InstallESD.dmg/Packages/ on this location USB/System/Library/Kernels/ 
13.Download MBR Patch and add the patch once done everything install the Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 (Build 14A361p) and enjoy the new update.
Screen%2BShot%2B2014-09-27%2Bat%2B1.36.5

Note:Do not add kext on this location /USB/Extra/Extensions/ because sometimes kext will not load if kext dose not load you never reach the Installer screen 

Source is here

http://hackintoshmumbai.blogspot.in/2014/09/mac-os-x-yosemite-beta-3-hackintosh.html

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

FakeSMC.kext.zip

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Enoch-rev.2390.pkg.zip

Chameleon-2.2svn-r2391.pkg.zip

• Like 1

Didn't work for me... I managed to get to the setup, I installed the OS, but I can't get it to boot, no matter what I try...I always get stuck at some line about Bluetooth-something missing... At one point it got past that after 5 minutes or so and I was "presented" with a grey screen and a mouse cursor that I could move. And that's about it. Since then, I couldn't even get to that, only to that damn Bluetooth thing. And yes, I tried that solution with removing the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelF* kexts in single user mode, it's no use... :(

Didn't work for me... I managed to get to the setup, I installed the OS, but I can't get it to boot, no matter what I try...I always get stuck at some line about Bluetooth-something missing... At one point it got past that after 5 minutes or so and I was "presented" with a grey screen and a mouse cursor that I could move. And that's about it. Since then, I couldn't even get to that, only to that damn Bluetooth thing. And yes, I tried that solution with removing the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelF* kexts in single user mode, it's no use... :(

Try a Mac Pro 3,1 Smbios.

There is something missing in this guide. One more key should be added to org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

otherwise the bootloader won't ever find it. Tested with the latest Chameleon.

• Like 1

There is something missing in this guide. One more key should be added to org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel</key>

If you have Enoch boot loader so no need to add following string but u have to place kernel in both location /Root and /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

I highly doubt that the install flash drives creation techniques will be based on Enoch, when the final version of Yosemite is released, more likely on Chameleon and/or Clover. Placing the kernel in the root folder won't help much, because Chameleon still looks for the name mach_kernel in the root folder by default.

Edit: ...unless you copy the kernel to the root folder of the flash drive and rename it to mach_kernel. That's 100% guarantee that the bootloader will find it.

<key>Kernel</key>

So I am not the only one  :D

See here , somme people say dont need ! 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/59-chameleon-22-svn/?st=90#commentsStart

So I am not the only one  :D

See here , somme people say dont need ! 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/59-chameleon-22-svn/?st=90#commentsStart

Yup, I can confirm, even with the kernel, extracted from Essentials.pkg and put into /System/Library/Kernels on the flash drive, Chameleon r2401 can't find it without the Kernel key, added in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

• Like 1

I tried again, following all the steps, including that line about the kernel path. I got to the setup in like 15 seconds, and the installation went fine. But, as the previous time, I'm stuck at that damn "missing bluetooth transport...." line, no matter what flags I use. I did that thing in single user, moving those kexts, but it didn't help.

I really don't get this error. With Mavericks, I needed only "USBBusFix=Yes" to boot, but this damn beta doesn't want to work.

I'm also a bit confused as to what I'm supposed to do AFTER the installation. What I did was to boot from the same USB stick, and from the Chameleon list I choose the HDD where I installed 10.10 (and adding flags, of course). I assumed that once I could get in the OS, I would install Chameleon on the HDD, so I won't need the stick, right?

Another thing: I've read somewhere that this error has something to do with FakeSMC. I added that kext (and the others) on the USB stick like the guide stated, but how do I copy it to the Yosemite HDD (if it must be there)?

Try a Mac Pro 3,1 Smbios.

I did that, it's in the guide. Is this correct?:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>MacPro</string>
	<key>SMmanufacter</key>
	<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>MacPro3,1</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>CK928549XYL</string>
</dict>
</plist>

OK, I'm in 10.10 now, thank God. I tried my luck with FakeSMC, copied it via terminal from the USB stick to the HDD in the Yosemite setup. After that, no more bluetooth {censored} and the system booted fine. 

What now? I installed some kexts for the network, but i didn't reboot yet, because I want to install a bootloader. Should I install the same Chameleon version as the one in the guide above? Or go with something else?

P.S. Can't get ethernet working. I have 2 cards, one on-board Realtek RTL8139/810x and one Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114. I can't find kexts for these anywhere. So I really can't do much in 10.10 right now... Fixed with the All in one networking solution package.

Also, no audio - it's on-board audio, Via VT1708B. Works with latest VoodooHDA :)

Dual monitor also works with PCIRootUID=1.

Only one thing to sort out: that damn error when I try to login to the Store (your computer could not be verified). Because of this I can't login to iMessage either, I think...

• 2 weeks later...