[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

Depends, look in windows, and actually that part of the guide is for people who have problems with 10.11 booting up (just after selecting the installer, you get an instant reboot, if you dont have it then dont add it in your clover config) and it's pure aesthetics, but for some it may be problematic.

Other than that, I found that Rehabman has removed the USB3 patch, so I used the USBInjectAll kext instead (and without any patch on my DSDT for USB, read the readme.md in his repo) and all my USBs are working fine, even the internal ones. (I dont have bluetooth in my Atheros card atm, it's a AR5B95 :/ I left the one with bluetooth on my other hack).

Bnt8foQ.png

I haven't tried yet if it's clover injectable, that may help some who can't boot up the installer. I'll try it now, and post a response. IT'S CLOVER INJECTABLE, USE IT IN KEXT FOLDER. Here's the link for the GitHub and the download link in BitBucket.

Hope it works, and for Intel GPU (make sure it's HD4000 first):

Try first "Inject Intel" with no ig-p-id, then with igp 3 then with igp 4 (normally igp3 is for ~1366x756 or near resolutions and igp4 is for 1600x900 or higher, that's if you have LVDS connector, for some devices they may have mDP connector, just injecting Intel with no igp may work, if not, they have to go through every one of them)

For information, the Installer may take a while to load, for me I tried with the old-way installer too (Restoring BaseSystem.dmg and the other stuff, check here it's the same as Yosemite) and it loads a bit faster. Hope you get it working.

Some good news: it seems Clover's Team (FINALLY) made it : now you can change ig-platform-id from GUI (omg it took them a while). (check here: http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/commit_browser commit 3321, I'll try to compile it, and provide it with the Clover Zip)

UPDATE: new Zip folder online: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/323-sony-vaio-s-clovers-zip/

Having dsdt patches helps you to get devices working without a helping kext, so you just mod the dsdt to match apple's ACPI code (since os x have a limited os xx language unlike windows and other oses) and with that it comunicates directly with the hardware using native kexts. Some 3rd party kexts do this role of injecting properties instead of dsdt, so it does the same work, and you still use native os x kexts along side with a 3rd party one with the original dsdt (it's for those who cant or have problems with patching dsdt). The only downside is that kexts may be rejected due to either os x security additions (like what happened since Yosemite with kext-dev-mode and now with the SIP in El Capitan) or with the dropping of a certain API for its obsolete state, which will make the kext unusuable, or some forbidding mechanism in the os, or simply the OS version. And there are other kexts that dont injecy but replaces native kexta functionalities, and those are more problematic.

Anyway, since Rehabman made it fpr 10.11 especially, it should work, and it's just an injector (aka DSDT patch replacement) so it leaves the rest for the native drivers to work, it's the same as we do with DSDT but in an automated way.

(Sorry for mistypes, im on phone atm)

a guide on a concurrent website (for disabling discrete graphic card)

I had to follow this in order to boot clover (installed on hdd) with windows already installed 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293574-beginners-guide-to-uefi-tripledual-boot-os-x-windows-and-linux-kali-on-an-single-true-gpt-ssd/?p=1968832

For some reason.. clover can't boot el capitan sometime.. black screen then reboot the computer.. 

Also, here's my origin folder!

origin.zip

Here we go!

I have wifi, bluetooth, webcam, sound, all my usb working, backlight

I can't control brightness and it doesn't go to sleep.

How do I know what's the change I made in my kext ?

There's a lot of text in the verbose output when booting OS X now ... I don't think it's alright... but hey ! it's working ! ahaha...

Thanks a lot!

Your updated guide isn't that clear so I had to refer to your original guide for HVT and dsdt patch..

Is there anything we have to do with ssdt? 

Edit:

Hdmi is also working!!!! yes!!! :D

Funny how OS X manage to scale full hd on my viao screen.. is there anyway I can force it to scale to 900x1600 while not plugged in my other screen?

Edit 2 :

My usb sound device is also working!!! great for my gaming headset! :D

Hi Guys

I've been struggling with some instabilities with my SONY VAIO E Series SVE1712BCXB in both 10.9 and now 10.11 which I'm wondering if they are power management related. The instabilities present themselves in one of two ways: 1.) Sometimes I'll get a kernel panic immediately after Clover attempts to boot the OS (see attached capture of kp) or 2.) The OS will fully boot to a desktop and when I start working as normal (launch browser, apps, etc), the machine will suddenly it will power cycle itself -- usually within a minute or two of the bootup. Typically when either scenario happens, a restart of the system will clear it up and the system will be rock solid from that point forward for extended periods of usage even under more stressful activity.

This machine has an Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5 GHz CPU which uses the Ivy Bridge architecture. As such, I'm using the MacBook Pro 9,2 SMBios which I believe is the closest match for this processor.

In my first attempt to get power management working, I tried to use Pike's script, ssdtPRgen.sh -p 'i5-3210M' to generate the SSDT.aml but have not had any luck using the output with Clover. I get a total of 4 .aml files from the script: SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml. When I put the SSDT.aml or any combination of these files in Clover's ACPI directory, I get a black screen at boot. I had similar issues using this method with 10.9.

Then I found out about the -xcpm argument and gave it a try since it's supposed to be compatible with Ivy Bridge CPUs. When xcpm is enabled in Clover, the machine definitely manages the CPU better than without it. Speedstep and turbo boost work well according to Intel Power Gadget app. However I'm wondering if xcpm is causing these occasional instabilities. In particular I was curious if this could be related to the locked MSR 0xE2 register that is known to cause issues with xcpm. Is there any way that I can isolate if this is the cause or am I possibly going down the wrong path thinking this is power management related at all? I had these same instabilities with 10.9 and was using xcpm on there as well as it was the only way I could get any power management functional.

How are you guys handling power management on Ivy Bridge Vaios?

Thx in advance

Hi Guys

I've been struggling with some instabilities with my SONY VAIO E Series SVE1712BCXB in both 10.9 and now 10.11 which I'm wondering if they are power management related. The instabilities present themselves in one of two ways: 1.) Sometimes I'll get a kernel panic immediately after Clover attempts to boot the OS (see attached capture of kp) or 2.) The OS will fully boot to a desktop and when I start working as normal (launch browser, apps, etc), the machine will suddenly it will power cycle itself -- usually within a minute or two of the bootup. Typically when either scenario happens, a restart of the system will clear it up and the system will be rock solid from that point forward for extended periods of usage even under more stressful activity.

This machine has an Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5 GHz CPU which uses the Ivy Bridge architecture. As such, I'm using the MacBook Pro 9,2 SMBios which I believe is the closest match for this processor.

In my first attempt to get power management working, I tried to use Pike's script, ssdtPRgen.sh -p 'i5-3210M' to generate the SSDT.aml but have not had any luck using the output with Clover. I get a total of 4 .aml files from the script: SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml. When I put the SSDT.aml or any combination of these files in Clover's ACPI directory, I get a black screen at boot. I had similar issues using this method with 10.9.

Then I found out about the -xcpm argument and gave it a try since it's supposed to be compatible with Ivy Bridge CPUs. When xcpm is enabled in Clover, the machine definitely manages the CPU better than without it. Speedstep and turbo boost work well according to Intel Power Gadget app. However I'm wondering if xcpm is causing these occasional instabilities. In particular I was curious if this could be related to the locked MSR 0xE2 register that is known to cause issues with xcpm. Is there any way that I can isolate if this is the cause or am I possibly going down the wrong path thinking this is power management related at all? I had these same instabilities with 10.9 and was using xcpm on there as well as it was the only way I could get any power management functional.

How are you guys handling power management on Ivy Bridge Vaios?

Thx in advance

What guide did you follow? VAIOs are pain in the ass when it comes to OS X, and it's weird that xcpm give you problems, try without it. please post your config and DSDT and SSDTs, I may take a look for you (just to warn you, I'll do my best but with no guaranties). Meanwhile, redo your OS X install by following Hackintosh AIO Guides (in Genius Bar).

@cloud & @pepper Sleep works here, tho it got some issues, will look later for them (I'm working on windows atm).

you just wrote an really really awesome guide. thanks a ton dude

No. Since the Exmor sensor built in is not the best, you get a dark image in OS X. Windows uses software/drivers to increase the brightness.

"[sys] OS Check Fix" can you specify which one? Windows 7 , 8 , or Vista? or does it not matter.

​If I'm only running OSX, do I still need this patch?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Can anybody help me with getting yosemite installed on my Sony Vaio S series (VPCSB4AFX).

I've prepared a USB stick using http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=2019584 

since i don't have an option to change BootMode to UEFI i can only boot with BIOS method. so i used chameleon.

when i boot my system with USB stick it gets stuck on [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

my laptop is

Core i5-2450M

4GB Ram

500 GB HD

AMD Radeon Graphics Card

please note that this is my first attempt to install mac on PC, want to do iPhone development.

also i do have a yosemite VM available.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...