[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

@midi your config made my screen blink a few times and then hung there for a while. I also followed your new El Capitan guide as best I can to create my own config file (I couldn't really install onto the CLOVER partition because it can't get recognized by my VM running Yosemite) and this led to a kernel panic and a circle with a line through it instead of an Apple showing up

@peppershaker yours loaded (I like your theme) and it didn't work in my USB 2.0 but in my USB 3.0 it seems to be loading the most amount of the installer. However I get a broken screen after it finished with the verbose boot (after ~2-5 mins of the screen showing line outputs)

I have a

SONY SVS131290X

i7-3520m

Nvidia 640m le

Intel HD 4000

a 1366 x 768 screen (so low resolution)

I'll be installing on a Seagate 1TB SSHD, so I don't know if I need the trim support or not (in the guide you said only for SSD and I don't know if a SSHD qualifies as a SSD lol)

I have yet to change wireless cards, just because I don't see a point with buying one if I can't get my USB installer working.

ii have svs151290x so the config should be almost exactly the same. but my screen is 1080p, so you might want to check if graphics related config is causing the issue.

ii have svs151290x so the config should be almost exactly the same. but my screen is 1080p, so you might want to check if graphics related config is causing the issue.

Hmmmm, does that mean I manually edit your config to work with my screen? or... lol I'm a newb remember

I may just wait until johnrey finishes his guide...

or just throw in the towel, and install Windows 7 --> upgrade to 10 and then dualboot with elementary OS

Hmmmm, does that mean I manually edit your config to work with my screen? or... lol I'm a newb remember

I may just wait until johnrey finishes his guide...

or just throw in the towel, and install Windows 7 --> upgrade to 10 and then dualboot with elementary OS

did you use the latest versions of kexts?

try this

the only 2 kexts you need to install are FakeSMC and VoodooPS2

10.11.zip

drivers64UEFI.zip

Thanks for those zips!.... 

Unfortunately,  I still get the same error messages...

however I played around with the clover options, and after letting it sit for 10 mins + I got a new screen... The Bluetooth thing transported correctly... 

However, it broke when it 'loaded' the next screen... It looked like a grey shade (like the mac os installer) however it broke with a bunch of vertical lines on the screen.

Any tips?

Guys, did you input the right ig-platform-id? If not it will certenly not work!

Igp4 = 0x01660004 for 1600x900 and higher

Igp3 = 0x01660003 for 1366x756 (or near)

And make sure Fakesmc is in 10.11 AND "other" folder (may be the cause on some installs, so copy the "other" kexts too in other folder)

Hope it works

Guys, did you input the right ig-platform-id? If not it will certenly not work!

Igp4 = 0x01660004 for 1600x900 and higher

Igp3 = 0x01660003 for 1366x756 (or near)

And make sure Fakesmc is in 10.11 AND "other" folder (may be the cause on some installs, so copy the "other" kexts too in other folder)

Hope it works

Just tried it, and didn't work. I had high hopes.

try disabling  cpu virtualization and discrete graphics in bios and try again

It's The same missing Bluetooth controller transport.

I was just fussing around with the clover options before... And I forgot which arguments I had set and such...
Now it keeps crashing with the error screen Cloud is running into

how long did you wait? try waiting around 15 mins

Ok try making os x installer on a usn and clovee on another, when you get past "Mac.. .framwork ..." and get stuck just few lines after, then remove both usb, and plug the installer on any other one until it starts reading it again, it's a common 10.11 problem, imo I make a new partition on my hdd and make the installer in it (as if ot waa usb, then start it using clover I have on my hdd, it never fails me.

guys, i never had a problem to get to atlas the install screen by using OLD kexts and OLD clover from midi's zip. even though you won't be able to finish the install that way, try it to see if atlas you got the same error i got, which was the computer would restart before install finished.

Okay guys, got way farther now!!

It doesn't move or do anything now tho.... Got the loading screen but nothing is happening... The USB key light do nothing... Only the loading icon in the top left corner that is still doing something ahah..

Anyway, used kext and drivers from peppershaker disabled virtualization technology in bios.. Can't disable discrete card... Running the last public bios.. And used the first usb3 port

Edit: Okay so I put the USB key back in the first USB port (the black one) and it crashed as before after looking for Bluetooth something... But!!!! I unplugged the USB key and put it back in another USB port (the middle one) and the boot ignored the crash and just go on :0

post-1613107-0-51989400-1447460433_thumb.jpg

post-1613107-0-38827400-1447460451_thumb.jpg

post-1613107-0-63933900-1447460474_thumb.jpg

post-1613107-0-33175100-1447460511_thumb.jpg

post-1613107-0-86167000-1447460527_thumb.jpg

Okay!

I got farther again using the following configuration but it crashed after the first loading step

Also, I did inject kext in clover boot menu (space bar on el capitan installer then kext inject option) (without kext inject, it just do the same as before, see loading but crashed before anything... and nothing to work with apart from Service exited with abnormal code: 255 before the loading show up)

clover.zip

post-1613107-0-15794200-1447475373_thumb.jpg

Result with my previous clover config and your config. Plist

edit : nv_disable wasn't activated... trying that right now

Edit2 : I enabled cstate and pstate and changed my smbios to 9.2 and it does exactly the same thing :'(.

Should I disable virutalisation in my bios again? (I run a vm of el capitan in order to edit everything so I kinda like virtualization technology)

Edit 3: not working without virtualization

post-1613107-0-67962600-1447481199_thumb.jpg