[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

okay , I got it running now.. dunno what I changed tho. gonna distribute my working setup soon.

It's funny because I was in the process to shoot a video of the booting process to study more the verbose output.. but it worked ahah...

(Because waiting 5 minutes to let it boot was too long.... of course...)

Also, I did my configuration using a yosemite vm on my 8 years old 32 bit desktop. Not with an el capitan vm on my sony vaio.

Edit: disk utility is sh*tty now.. Gotta partition my drive in windows.. So happy! (it doesn't see non-partitioned space)

Edit 2 : Half way in the installation now, 6 minutes remaining. This is stressful.

Edit 3 :

I've got stuck with a spamming tsplicedfont error in the install log.. also, didn't see the hdd light flash while in the installation process.. and I force rebooted...

I will try again and wait more.. It appears that some people had the same issue as this one.. (stuck on one second left with this same exact error)

Edit 4 :

10 minutes after displaying one second left,

It crashed in the installation process...

Or not! While I was typing this, I booted the installation again and the screen is now saying "Installing: About 24 minutes remaining". To sum things up, the installer crashed my computer and when I tried to install it again, the real installation took place. Now my hdd light is on and my usb key light is flashing too.

Edit 5 :

Verbose booting of OS X el capitan done. Here I come!

Edit 6 : Tap to click wasn't activated, had to activate it in system preferences, wifi isn't working.

Edit 7 : adding clover to my efi partition removed the entry to boot on windows 8.1..

AS I have a big day tomorrow, I restored the original efi partition using my windows 8.1 cd..

had to use diskpart, then 

1. bootrec /fixboot
  2. bootrec /fixmbr
  3. bootrec /rebuildbcd

then normal boot fix in advanced recovery option on win 8.1 cd.

This is were I stop for now. see ya tomorrow to complete this installation :D

ps.. osx is still booting fine :D (using clover on usb key tho.)

vaio : https://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVS131190S

Updated bios

everything enabled in bios (can't disable discrete card)

I made my clover installation using clover configurator and clover installer. (used clover configurator to download latest clover installer)

I didn't choose any boot option in clover. although it didn't boot right after the first restart I did the following:

if you don't see anything happening after trying to boot osx installation (black screen) :

1- shutdown computer

2- plug the usb key in black usb port

3- boot the installation setup

4- when you see waiting for bluetooth blablabla plug the usb in the blue port right next to the black port

It took around 25 minutes for the installation preparation. the laptop gonna shutdown itself. Retry booting the installation, you should notice more line in the verbose output and it's not gonna boot the "installer". It will continue the installation process.

Edit: Something I did before getting the installer to run : "Update" my bios to an older version.. then put it back to the latest.

I'm using this bios http://www.mediafire.com/download/cua8yxb7wxrs5zr/R0143C5_+STOCK.zip

found here : http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/sony-vaio-s-bios-mod-for-gt640m-le.677079/

happy to see its finally working for you. we've been trying to tell you to wait a bit longer to make sure its actually stuck :P

ahah yeah well, it's pretty much stock since I didn't put clover on my hdd...

just got a blank working osx installation... gotta wait for system optimisation now :P or maybe try doing it myself.. but since i'm clueless... :P

Attempting now!

I still get the broken text and the white circle and line through it.

I boot from USB and select install Mac OS X El Capitan and In about 2-4 mins it says the Missing Bluetooth Transport and then breaks ... I think it says Still waiting for root device on the broken text.

When this happens I swap to the middle USB 3.0 and it continues in installer. Then in the lines of text, "localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] ...." I keep getting errors such as"Failed to bootstrap path..." & "Could not read path"

EDIT: it's continuing the install ion and says Sound assertion and NVDA disabled and such !

Edited by smccagg627