Imessage and facetime Public Beta 2

Agostino9446

126 posts in this topic

Have you tried logging out and logging back into iCloud? I'm just saying... It looks like you're neither fully logged in or fully logged out. You're suspended somewhere in between. I've actually never had that problem before. And usually iCloud is the place that I was more often able to log into. I only had problems logging into iMessage. If that fails, a reinstall might indeed solve the problem. You might also try clearing kextcache (don't know if that would actually make any difference but I would try that too, if I were you).

You can do that fairly easily by entering the following commands in Terminal:

sudo -s[your password]rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
Optionally, you can also repair permissions using this command:
diskutil repairPermissions /
After that, reboot.

The system should automatically recreate its cache on the next reboot.

I did try logging in and out of icloud, logging out logs me out and then logging back in produces the same "error" again.

I have deleted the network interface settings and rebooted and that doesn't fix anything and unfortunately re-creating the caches and repairing permissions has made the install unbootable, tells me it is contantly waiting for the root device, don't know what has happened there :(

Going to try a reinstall tonight and see if I can get this sorted :)

I'll post my finding in the other thread.

While both iMessage and Factime are operating as they should, I am having a weird issue when attempting to access the preference tab in the iMessage app.   Basically I have no preferences and when the tab sometimes opens, it does not appear visually like it would normally.   Rather, none of the text is legible and although I believe it to be gibberish, what does appear resembles the arabic language in a way.    Reinstalling Public Beta 2 and repairing permissions has no effect.

Strange, none of my hacks running genuine serials has this font anomaly/missing preferences. 

post-846696-0-96483200-1409138204_thumb.jpg

post-846696-0-95608700-1409138224_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing its most likely due to installation of third party software or a corrupted Yosemite installer/installation.

Did that preference tab look normal before you changed your serials?  What happens when you revert back to the old (non working) serials in your config.plist?  Does the corruption go away?

PS

Your post#96 looks suspiciously like my post in @heryts thread (even the " I did a direct copy, did not need to convert to Base64" is copied in blue colour :hysterical:). 

A verbatim cut and paste of someone else's work without proper attribution is plagiarism...in future please give attribution to the original author or provide links to the original post.  Thanks :).

Here are several screens shots of my rather odd, "gibberish" perhaps corrupted iMessages preference tab.   Note the "general" tab appears as normal and what appear to be illegible artifacts occur under all three "account" tabs.

PS. Firstly I would be remiss without expressing a word of thanks for offering your provided information and you are correct that my post/the post you are referring to contained a portion of the specific direction you provided.   I must say however that I am both confused as to what "proper attribution" refers to/means and quite frankly i find your use of "plagiarism' in this case (and sorry if I offend you) rather "over the top" if not downright ludicrous.    I took absolutely no credit; made no statement, reference. or claim as to any of my post being original or unique to my offering.   I was merely contributing my experience and providing a different take on what was successful for me and thought it might help others.   Generally speaking, my opinion regarding the hacktosh community is that unfortunately, it has become more important to have ones ego stroked rather then just freely offering helpful information for the sake of it.    When I contribute I just do it and don't care whatsoever what happens with what I have offered so I suppose my inexperience with providing "proper attribution" is due mostly because I don't acknowledge its relevance for myself.

post-1126120-0-42939200-1409154352_thumb.jpg

post-1126120-0-04543300-1409154363_thumb.jpg

post-1126120-0-03606100-1409154374_thumb.jpg

post-1126120-0-77807500-1409154384_thumb.jpg

Here are several screens shots of my rather odd, "gibberish" perhaps corrupted iMessages preference tab. Note the "general" tab appears as normal and what appear to be illegible artifacts occur under all three "account" tabs

Those are not artifacts and it's definitely not gibberish. I know it cause I can speak gibberish. Fluently. :) It's Arabic. Do you have anywhere on your account(s) Arabic set as default language?

Those are not artifacts and it's definitely not gibberish. I know it cause I speak gibberish. Fluently. :) It's Arabic. Do you have anywhere on your account(s) Arabic set as default language?

No or if I do it must be specific to this hackintosh laptop as the real MacBook Pro I cloned the same account information from iMessage preference tab appears as normal.

No or if I do it must be specific to this hackintosh laptop as the real MacBook Pro I cloned the same account information from iMessage preference tab appears as normal.

Well then I honestly have no idea where could it take Arabic from. I'll take a closer look when I get home, but if you didn't change the language just for iMessage (which I don't know if it's even possible), then there must be some external sources. When you say you cloned the same account information you mean you used the exact same account to log into iMessage or you used the same SMBIOS/Clover config.plist file on both computers? Is the account you're using on both computers, the same account? Is it identical in every way?

Edit:

it looks like you're using a Jabber account with a Gmail email address. Make sure the account for that Gmail address is set to English. This is a setting on Google's side. It has nothing to do with Apple or your iMessage account. Try to investigate a little bit. I still believe your issue is server-side, not software-side. In other words, it's from the account you're using, not the machine you're using. But I might be wrong so...try that. :)

• Like 1

No worries on attempting to identify a solution, I manipulated so many things in my initial attempt to get both FaceTime and Messages to work that I just ended up restoring the entire OS X 10.10 Public Beta 2 system from my real MacBook Pro to my Hackintosh Laptop and everything is back to normal again including the Message .app preference tab.   Also for kicks within this very same thread, I read about another fix that included entering just the following values in the config.plist with Clover configurator:

MLB 1111111111111111

SMUUID 11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111

...and low and behold iMessages and FaceTime work perfectly and therefore for now it least  I am able to maintain the original specs/values without needing those from my MacBook Pro any longer.

No worries on attempting to identify a solution, I manipulated so many things in my initial attempt to get both FaceTime and Messages to work that I just ended up restoring the entire OS X 10.10 Public Beta 2 system from my real MacBook Pro to my Hackintosh Laptop and everything is back to normal again including the Message .app preference tab. Also for kicks within this very same thread, I read about another fix that included entering just the following values in the config.plist with Clover configurator:

MLB 1111111111111111

SMUUID 11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111

...and low and behold iMessages and FaceTime work perfectly and therefore for now it least I am able to maintain the original specs/values without needing those from my MacBook Pro any longer.

Yeah, as fusion said in other posts, it looks like you need at least 2 values to successfully log into iMessage: MLB and ROM.

If you don't specify a ROM, Clover takes the last 12 characters of your SmUUID and uses those as ROM. So yeah, MLB and SmUUID should be enough.

• Like 1

Strange, none of my hacks running genuine serials has this font anomaly/missing preferences. 

attachicon.gifiMessage Preferences.jpg

attachicon.gifiCloud Preferences.jpg

I'm guessing its most likely due to installation of third party software or a corrupted Yosemite installer/installation.

Did that preference tab look normal before you changed your serials?  What happens when you revert back to the old (non working) serials in your config.plist?  Does the corruption go away?

PS

Your post#96 looks suspiciously like my post in @heryts thread (even the " I did a direct copy, did not need to convert to Base64" is copied in blue colour :hysterical:). 

A verbatim cut and paste of someone else's work without proper attribution is plagiarism...in future please give attribution to the original author or provide links to the original post.  Thanks :).

All fixed :) reset my iCloud password and it is working now.

Also I was having weird corruption in iMessage General tab, but that has now disappeared too.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having no luck generating a self serve (apple) acceptable serial number using Clover Configurator - any suggestions?

I have MLB and ROM set to 1's per previous instructions and SmUUID is blank. My hack is recognized by Clover Confige as a iMac 14.2 automatically.

I shake Week and Unit numbers (sometimes one sometimes the other) and copy and paste into Apples site the result. 

Any suggestions? (Here is the Clover Config generator screen shot) http://pbrd.co/1meq1tC

I am having no luck generating a self serve (apple) acceptable serial number using Clover Configurator - any suggestions?

I have MLB and ROM set to 1's per previous instructions and SmUUID is blank. My hack is recognized by Clover Confige as a iMac 14.2 automatically.

I shake Week and Unit numbers (sometimes one sometimes the other) and copy and paste into Apples site the result. 

Any suggestions? (Here is the Clover Config generator screen shot) http://pbrd.co/1meq1tC

Try generating a serial # that starts with W8.  You should eventually get a valid one.

mcdougal33 - that worked and generated a SN that was recognized. It was built in 2009 - is that going to cause a problem with functionality or being able to run Yosemite?

Edit: Oops - thank you.

Okay, so now I have tried the "valid" serial number and several combinations of ROM,MLB, and SmUUID as per posts above in this thread. I no longer get the "call customer service" with this code error. What happens is it appears to be logging in, the after 5 or 10 seconds the login details dialog is shown, then a second later that is blanked out and a "Activation Error Occurred, Try again" message appears.

Suggestions? 

Grrr... okay, reset my iCloud password and Apple ID password, and now when trying to activate Messages I get an error message that there is a problem and to check my Network Connection. I am using 1111.... for ROM now, should I try putting my MAC address in there?

Do I simply take the colons out of the MAC address...

---

okay, called Apple and I am activated now, thank you everyone for all the help.

Try generating a serial # that starts with W8.  You should eventually get a valid one.

Can you please be more specific? I know that it may sound stupid but all the serials starts with C02, so you mean C02W8 ? Thanks!

Btw, did anyone tried to resolve this over Apple support chat and not phone ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

strange.... anything you did change in clover? Usually, any changes in the variables might potentially alert apple servers. Did you use any "wildcard" serial number, etc?

No, nothing changed in Clover. But I did log out.... And apparently, starting with November, Apple is doing its thing again. So, friendly advice, DO NOT LOG OUT if your iMessage/Facetime works fine right now. Unfortunately I found out about this too late.

Any ideas how to fix this freaking thing once and for all?

I even made a complete new install, because I updated to fusion drive setup. I had no issue in getting back into iMessage 

Have you ever logged out? As in...on demand.

Cause I also reinstalled Yosemite recently. And everything worked fine. But I never logged out. I just..re-logged in.

Guys, my Facetime suddenly stopped working... Again! Did anyone find a more permanent solution to this issue? Apparently calling Apple support is not much better. Any idea?

Hi arsradu,

It looks like Apple has tightened its server side checking procedures again!

At the moment, you need the MLB & ROM from a real Mac in your Clover Rt Variables/config.plist in order to activate iMessage/Facetime.  I posted about this here.  The "call Apple Support with error code" method doesn't seem to work anymore unless you have at least a genuine MLB value in your config.plist.  With both MLB/ROM genuine, you don't have to call support at all :).

Edit

Some users in Voldemort's forum are reporting success using 13 character MLBs.  They are using Clover Configurator to generate MLB and ROM, then taking 4 digits away from MLB to make it 13 characters long (like in older Macs).

Eg Say you have a 17 character MLB like C02153703FADUNR8Y, some users have reported success by removing the 4 middle digits shown in red after the 3 character prefix....

So you would insert a new MLB=C0203FADUNR8Y into Clover's Rt Variables/config.plist, together with a 12 character ROM.  You may or may not still need to call Apple Customer Support.....

Good Luck!

• Like 1