2,188 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Yes I've said a nonsense:hysterical:, but I've already corrected my post :D

Lol, it happens.

What I can do is to give this preference:

GPU Sensors:
     use SMC calls
     use Accelerator info (IO)

remain to decide what is the default. Anyway will behave as always if the Accelerators dictionary doesn't contains these keys.

Ah, okay. Yes that'd be good.

I think default behavior should be IO > SMC… at least for Radeon GPUs, since typically not much info is given by the (very few known) SMC keys. Nvidia may be different, we'll have to see what people post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zxv said:

Nvidia may be different, we'll have to see what people post.

Just saw an NVidia-IOReg, no Temperature, no Fans (but I don't know if is present), no core clock. Present is the device utilization and I have to ensure the key is the same.

I can suggest that the default behavior is to ensure that temperature, core clock and Fan RPM must be present to switch to IO reading. Another problem is eventually when the user has only one card that show something while the other doesn't. If that is possible, not sure, I don't have hardware to test.

Need anyway a dump from an "actual" card, better with the NVidia Web Drivers..

• Like 1

Here I am again :D

After some testing with game I see the GPU temps of Slice branch and my old method with Terminal command are not accurate, so I'm wondering which one is correct ?

GPU fan is 0% because I use waterblock.

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 4.29.55 PM.png

17 minutes ago, RandomTech said:

Here I am again :D

After some testing with game I see the GPU temps of Slice branch and my old method with Terminal command are not accurate, so I'm wondering which one is correct ?

Slice! :D

In truth both. This depend on the drivers (where your Terminal output comes) and the app that have different update frequency, and cannot be the same in a short time.

What you can do is to poll the temperature more often and I don't know if your app (istapro??) is able to do this, otherwise try our (-->HWMonitorSMC2.app :))

Untitled.png.428b145e1d74fabc2f8f29fea7794007.png

to make appear any on the top bar just double click on the sensor intrested

Edited by vector sigma
added a link
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Slice! :D

In truth both. This depend on the drivers (where your Terminal output comes) and the app that have different update frequency, and cannot be the same in a short time.

What you can do is to poll the temperature more often and I don't know if your app (istapro??) is able to do this, otherwise try our (-->HWMonitorSMC2.app :))

Untitled.png.428b145e1d74fabc2f8f29fea7794007.png

to make appear any on the top bar just double click on the sensor intrested

its called iStat Menus :)

I like your app its very easy and neat but iStat Menus has that graphical statistics for CPU GPU load which makes it easier to my eye to track in addition to that I'm using it for long time so I'm used to it.

Yes it has that update seconds and I set it now to fast, anyway thanks for all informations 

2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

before my holidays I've looked at making it, may be I'll do it... and for free :wink_anim:

wow thats cool ! sure you can do it, and please make an option to select a larger numbers for the toolbar :)

• Like 1

hi guys

can add a MSLD key?

<key>MSLD</key>
                    <array>
                        <string>ui8 </string>
                        <data>
                        AA==
                        </data>
                    </array>

without it LMU generate one log error

Thx

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr MagOO said:

Works !

no "cpu28" anymore. :)

still the -5V in the -12v monitoring.

not a HMMonitorSMC2 issu but a W836x.kext setting for my chip.

A big thank for your work.

Good, I'll leave the voltage problem to @Slice who know him better.

10 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

hi guys

can add a MSLD key?

without it LMU generate one log error

Thx

Ok, I'll add it

@RandomTech, @zxv, and all, this new version (should) gives to you (and all others who have a not too old Radeon card I suppose) detailed info about your GPU such Core Clock, Temperature, Fan speed/rate, Device Utilization and its activity, without using any plugins like RadeonMonitor.kext or similar. Anyway this new functionality make, finally, appears little informations also for iGPUs like my Intel HD4000 and should work as well for old or new ones, I guess.

How to:

open HWMonitorSMC.app and go to the preference, turn on "Use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" and restart the app.

Note:

Activating this function cause the app to ignore kexts plugins regarding GPU things and of course no a full monitoring with Funs, GPU clock, GPU temperature etc. can only show up if your graphics driver publish them. 

Anyway, even if the new functionality is activated, and no one information is found in the IOAccelerator, the app fall back to reading SMC keys published by a real SMC or by HWSensor's plugins

What is not working:

I've to add the log "on right click" for the "GPUs" node, no time left today, but will be added soon.

Translations to be added:

@Slice, @Mork vom Ork, @Sherlocks, @maoyeye, I need a translation to your native languages for the following keys:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs""use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs";

"GPUs" = "GPUs"

"Core Clock" = "Core Clock";

"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Fan/Pump Speed"

"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Fan/Pump Speed rate"

"Device Utilization" = "Device Utilization"

"GPU Activity" = "Activity"

please test the attached app and report back, thanks in advance!

HWMonitorSMC2.app_v2.1.9_Acc.zip

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs""use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs";

"GPUs" = "GPUs"

Not sure about GPUs. It is very short and known word. Anyway

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" = "использовать данные Акселератора для мониторинга графики"

"GPUs" = "Графика"

"Core Clock" = "Частота ядра"

"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Скорость вентилятора"

"Fan/Pump Speed rate" - I don't know what you mean here

"Device Utilization" = "Использование"

"GPU Activity" = "Нагрузка видеокарты"

• Thanks 1

german translation attached

de.lproj.zip

There is even more to translate, look:

GPU_HWMonitor2.jpg.2958c32ea28a823fc019bb64e9431edc.jpg

Device Utilization i have to research for.

And shouldn't be FAN/PUMP speed be in RPM and the other in % ?

And we even need the degrees sign for Temperature

Edited by Mork vom Ork
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vector sigma said:

The value is a percentage like 34% (of the max RPM allowed)

OK, then

"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Использование вентилятора"

• Thanks 1

german translation fixed:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" = "GPU Überwachung anzeigen";

"GPUs" = "GPUs"; // GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics;
"Core Clock" = "Kerngeschwindigkeit"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics;
"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl (RPM)"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics;
"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl (%)"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics;
"Device Utilization" = "Geräteauslastung"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics;
"GPU Activity" = "GPU-Aktivität"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics;

And don't ask me why, but now it is correct:

GPU_HWMonitor2.jpg.5105a31127f2311d7d26b1cce8332f73.jpg

PUMP/FAN Speed in RPM and in %

Edited by Mork vom Ork

43 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@RandomTech, @zxv, and all, this new version (should) gives to you (and all others who have a not too old Radeon card I suppose) detailed info about your GPU such Core Clock, Temperature, Fan speed/rate, Device Utilization and its activity, without using any plugins like RadeonMonitor.kext or similar. Anyway this new functionality make, finally, appears little informations also for iGPUs like my Intel HD4000 and should work as well for old or new ones, I guess.

How to:

open HWMonitorSMC.app and go to the preference, turn on "Use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" and restart the app.

Note:

Activating this function cause the app to ignore kexts plugins regarding GPU things and of course no a full monitoring with Funs, GPU clock, GPU temperature etc. can only show up if your graphics driver publish them. 

Anyway, even if the new functionality is activated, and no one information is found in the IOAccelerator, the app fall back to reading SMC keys published by a real SMC or by HWSensor's plugins

What is not working:

I've to add the log "on right click" for the "GPUs" node, no time left today, but will be added soon.

Translations to be added:

@Slice, @Mork vom Ork, @Sherlocks, @maoyeye, I need a translation to your native languages for the following keys:

"GPUs" = "GPUs"

please test the attached app and report back, thanks in advance!

HWMonitorSMC2.app_v2.1.9_Acc.zip

this is really cool.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slice said:

There must not be word by word translation because for example Russian language assumes skip words known from the context. 

Not sure I've understand you correctly, but isn't already as is?:worried_anim:

12 minutes ago, Mork vom Ork said:

"GPUs" = "GPUs"; // GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Core Clock" = "Kerngeschwindigkeit"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl (RPM)"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl (%)"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Device Utilization" = "Geräteauslastung"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"GPU Activity" = "GPU-Aktivität"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics

And don't ask me why, but now it is correct:

GPU_HWMonitor2.jpg.5105a31127f2311d7d26b1cce8332f73.jpg

PUMP/FAN Speed in RPM and in %

Thanks, I'll make it like the following:

"Core Clock" = "Kerngeschwindigkeit"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Device Utilization" = "Geräteauslastung"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics

RPM and % are already on the last column :), there is no connection from the key used to retrieve the value from the IO registry from what is displayed. Please confirm.

10 minutes ago, RandomTech said:

this is really cool.

Works good?

Edited by vector sigma

@Mork vom Ork, please you forgot the translation for:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" "use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs";

17 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics

and this should not be like the previous, as I said the units of measurement are always on the last column, thanks.

Edited by vector sigma

4 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@Mork vom Ork, please you forgot the translation for:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" "use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs";

and this should not be like the previous, as I said the units of measurement are always on the last column, thanks.

no, i did not. i just updated my previous post 2 minutes after you read it 4 the first time :-)

But here it is again,

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" = "GPU Überwachung anzeigen"

"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics

14 minutes ago, Mork vom Ork said:

no, i did not. i just updated my previous post 2 minutes after you read it 4 the first time :-)

ah ok, just watched my quote of your post that was without:)

Please don't get me for a bale break Lol. This line: "use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" = "GPU Überwachung anzeigen"

Doesn't mean "show" something, but should mean that uses different tectnology, in fact in both cases GPU informations should show up, if not checked it will use SMC calls, otherwise will be as always.. in a hack from RadeonMonitor.kext.. DSDT, SSDT etc while in a Mac should just work.

Is that correct?

Edited by vector sigma

its probably ''IOAccelerator's aktivieren für GPU Überwachung anzeigen''

I think ''IOAccelerator's'' is more like a code name which is not necessary to be translated, something like ''Apple macOS'' is the same name for all languages.

im not native German but I do speak the language a little bit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RandomTech said:

its probably ''IOAccelerator's aktivieren für GPU Überwachung anzeigen''

I think ''IOAccelerator's'' is more like a code name which is not necessary to be translated, something like ''Apple macOS'' is the same name for all languages.

im not native German but I do speak the language a little bit.

IOAccelerator is a kernel class, like AppleHDA, AppleSmartBattery, IntelCPUPowerManagement, etc.., so the goal is to inform the user what is going to do and why Fans rotation speed (but also clock and temperature) will not show up if you are using an NVIdia/Intel cards, or why informations show up using instead with GeforceSensors.kext. Basically I don't want anyone to expect to push a magical button that in fact needs specific conditions to work. So, even for who didin't know kernel programming, everyone can grasp the meaning of a substantial difference. In addition, as I said this way allow us to finally show "something" for integrated GPUs for those who willing, and can also show multiple gpus w/o the need of additional extensions. This will only work if the Accelerator node in your IOreg is populated with the informations you need that must be published by the drivers shipped with your OS.

Thanks for the translation, I'll take it into account. Tonight I'm a little tired from the working day, so I will postpone the publication of the new code and the new translations to tomorrow. See you guys.

• Like 1