2,188 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, vector sigma said:

IOAccelerator is a kernel class, like AppleHDA, AppleSmartBattery, IntelCPUPowerManagement, etc.., so the goal is to inform the user what is going to do and why Fans rotation speed (but also clock and temperature) will not show up if you are using an NVIdia/Intel cards, or why informations show up using instead with GeforceSensors.kext. Basically I don't want anyone to expect to push a magical button that in fact needs specific conditions to work. So, even for who didin't know kernel programming, everyone can grasp the meaning of a substantial difference. In addition, as I said this way allow us to finally show "something" for integrated GPUs for those who willing, and can also show multiple gpus w/o the need of additional extensions. This will only work if the Accelerator node in your IOreg is populated with the informations you need that must be published by the drivers shipped with your OS.

Thanks for the translation, I'll take it into account. Tonight I'm a little tired from the working day, so I will postpone the publication of the new code and the new translations to tomorrow. See you guys.

Take your time my friend to give us even better results :wink_anim:

On 6/10/2018 at 2:11 PM, vector sigma said:

@RandomTech, @zxv, and all, this new version (should) gives to you (and all others who have a not too old Radeon card I suppose) detailed info about your GPU such Core Clock, Temperature, Fan speed/rate, Device Utilization and its activity, without using any plugins like RadeonMonitor.kext or similar. Anyway this new functionality make, finally, appears little informations also for iGPUs like my Intel HD4000 and should work as well for old or new ones, I guess.

please test the attached app and report back, thanks in advance!

HWMonitorSMC2.app_v2.1.9_Acc.zip

Looking good here. Great work my dude.

429572998_ScreenShot2018-06-11at23_11_03.thumb.png.df7a7c25209a68952fc147b6a6995b82.png

• Like 1

Hi vector sigma,

Look please

adding HWMonitorSMC.app v2..
creating dmg file..
created: /Users/Slice/Projects/hwsensors3/compilations/package/HWSensors-3_r155.dmg
/dev/disk3          	GUID_partition_scheme          	
/dev/disk3s1        	Apple_HFS                      	/Users/Slice/HWSensors-3_r155
setting images..
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" cannot be used with the current OS because it has no OSAXHandlers entry in its Info.plist.

detaching..
DMG name: HWSensors-3_r155.dmg

It is HighSierra 10.13.5 + Xcode9.4

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Slice said:

Hi vector sigma,

Look please

creating dmg file..
created: /Users/Slice/Projects/hwsensors3/compilations/package/HWSensors-3_r155.dmg
/dev/disk3s1        	Apple_HFS                      	/Users/Slice/HWSensors-3_r155
setting images..
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" cannot be used with the current OS because it has no OSAXHandlers entry in its Info.plist.

detaching..

Intresting. I need to update to 10.13.5 first, let you know.

20 hours ago, Slice said:

Hi vector sigma,

Look please

creating dmg file..
setting images..

detaching..

Here works as expected, but I don't have

/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax

I'll suggest you to remove (back up) 'Adobe Unit Types.osax' and try again.

22 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

This sound a problem with Adobe CS 4? You should consider to upgrade it .. to a 64 bit version

I installed High Sierra over 10.11 where I used CS4. Now it is not present so yes, I can delete oasx. Thanks!

PS. It is better to make clean install :compress:

On 6/11/2018 at 4:11 AM, vector sigma said:

@RandomTech, @zxv, and all, this new version (should) gives to you (and all others who have a not too old Radeon card I suppose) detailed info about your GPU such Core Clock, Temperature, Fan speed/rate, Device Utilization and its activity, without using any plugins like RadeonMonitor.kext or similar. Anyway this new functionality make, finally, appears little informations also for iGPUs like my Intel HD4000 and should work as well for old or new ones, I guess.

How to:

open HWMonitorSMC.app and go to the preference, turn on "Use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" and restart the app.

Note:

Activating this function cause the app to ignore kexts plugins regarding GPU things and of course no a full monitoring with Funs, GPU clock, GPU temperature etc. can only show up if your graphics driver publish them. 

Anyway, even if the new functionality is activated, and no one information is found in the IOAccelerator, the app fall back to reading SMC keys published by a real SMC or by HWSensor's plugins

What is not working:

I've to add the log "on right click" for the "GPUs" node, no time left today, but will be added soon.

Translations to be added:

@Slice, @Mork vom Ork, @Sherlocks, @maoyeye, I need a translation to your native languages for the following keys:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs""use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs";

"GPUs" = "GPUs"

"Core Clock" = "Core Clock";

"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Fan/Pump Speed"

"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Fan/Pump Speed rate"

"Device Utilization" = "Device Utilization"

"GPU Activity" = "Activity"

please test the attached app and report back, thanks in advance!

HWMonitorSMC2.app_v2.1.9_Acc.zip

sorry for late.

here is translation

thanks in advance

ko.lproj.zip

15 hours ago, Slice said:

PS. It is better to make clean install

Sorry but this morning I was hasty. Did you mean to clean and build together? I made 'make fresh' that clean and build everythings..

P.S. SF is down atm

Edited by vector sigma

10 hours ago, Slice said:

At your will.

I meant macOS fresh install :)

You can try by your self, committed, among all other changes (MSLD key by Mald0n and the IOAccelerator monitoring). Going to play with Clover....

Edited by vector sigma

Hi @vector sigma,

The monitor is still not perfect.

Why my GPU not supported metal?

HWMonitorSMC2 v2.1.9 

VIDEO CARD 1:
	Model:				NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
	Vendor ID:				de 10 00 00 (NVidia)
	Device ID:				c6 0f 00 00
	Revision ID:			a2 00 00 00
	Subsystem Vendor ID:		de 10 00 00
	Subsystem ID:			10 00 00 00
	class-code:				00 00 03 00
	IOName:				display
	pcidebug:				1:0:0
	built-in:				01 00 00 00
	compatible:			pci10de,292apci10de,fc6pciclass,030000GFX0
	acpi-path:				IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/PEG0@10000/GFX0@0
	rm_board_number:		00 00 00 00
	NVDA,noEFI:			true
	NVArch:					GK100
	rom-revision:				VBIOS 80.07.35.00.00
	NVCLASS:				NVDA
	NVCAP:				05 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff 00 00 00 00 00 0e 00 00 00 00
	pci-aspm-default:				0x0
	VRAM,totalMB:			ff 03 00 00
	device_type:			NVDA,Parent
	NVDA,accel-loaded:		01 00 00 00
	vbios-revision:			00 00 35 07 80
	vNVDA,Features:			00 08 00 00
	IONVRAMProperty:			true
	NVDAinitgl_created:		yes
	IOPCIMSIMode			true
	NVDAType:				Official
	Additional Properties:
		AAPL,slot-name:  	50 43 49 20 53 6c 6f 74 20 30 00
		AAPL,ndrv-dev:   	1
	Metal support: false

It does!

Снимок экрана 2018-06-16 в 11.14.53.png

Снимок экрана 2018-06-16 в 11.16.08.png

and what is the name or number of GPU here?

Снимок экрана 2018-06-16 в 11.08.32.png

@vector sigma,

This is wrong commit. MSLD should not be set in FakeSMC. If it will be constant then hibernation will not work.

The better to implement dynamic value by ACPI method

It's a pity it can't be common method. It is hardware dependent.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

any update for Vega 64?

tried using HWSensors 6.26.1464, and it registers my gnu temp at 127c at all times lol, and HWSensors3 doesn't show GPU temp at all, and I used the Radeon Kext

Edited by eman.morales

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 11:14 PM, Slice said:

AFAIK Vega supported in HWSensors3. Can you show kernel messages related to Radeon kext?

This is my experience too. I have an XFX vega 64 reading at 127C. How can I vew the kernel messages related to Radeon kext? I've spent two days trying to put it altogether between the source code and ACPI but i really dont know what im doing.