Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.0 Update

curlyboy

8 posts in this topic

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.0 Update

This update contains several updates to enhance security and stability, including fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code. In addition, this update includes all of the improvements released in all previous Office 2004 updates.

Applies to: Office 2004 Standard Edition, Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition, Office 2004 Professional Edition, Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac, Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac, Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac, Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.asp...lgnosysreq=True

No Rosetta enhancements? I wasn't aware that security was such a big issue on Office 2004 for Mac. I sort of feel as if Microsoft is just rolling out minor updates and spacing them out as much as possible just to make it seem like they haven't abandoned the Mac side of things.

No Rosetta enhancements? I wasn't aware that security was such a big issue on Office 2004 for Mac. I sort of feel as if Microsoft is just rolling out minor updates and spacing them out as much as possible just to make it seem like they haven't abandoned the Mac side of things.

well i think that the security problems in the windows version of office can also be used on the mac version. as for the rosett enhancements, i don't think that M$ can really do much on that side of things. i think we'll just have to wait for a totally universal build before we see any improvements on speed. hopefully this will come sooner rather than later, but look at the delays vista has faced. unless apple updates rosetta...

There's a big one in Office that can allow applications to launch and bypass any controls you have an any account (not sure if this got fixed).

1. Create a hyperlink to an application in Word and then save the file

2. Create a user account (or use a user account) and forbid access to that application.

3. Launch that Word file in the new user account and click on the link

4. The forbidden application launches

What else can we expect from Microsoft security ;):hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

• 11 years later...