[Guide] Test MacOs 10.10 PublicBeta or DeveloperPreview

JahStories

121 posts in this topic

Did anybody get bluetooth to connect to something already ( I tried with my type cover bluetooth adaptor which was working fine in Mavericks ..doesn't connect now and Yosemite doesn't find any devices at all)

Hi there myr1,

I hided your post from this thread, you are free to post your guide on a different thread here on the tutorial section, let's don't mix things. 

hope you understand.

have fun and good hack :)

i removed the kext, it's not working (shows up but can't connect or discover) on dp & pb... :/

Just found a workaround: replace /usr/sbin/blued with the version from mavericks... typing from my bluetooth type cover right now.

The original blued is crashing:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[iOBluetoothHostController BroadcomHCILEResetAdvancedMatchingRules:matchingRemaining:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fd301c0f8d0'

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

abort() called

looks like the BroadcomHCI driver needs a fix to work with the new blued.

• Like 2

Hi All, 

Thanks for sharing this installation guide.  I am having bit of a trouble getting yosemite to boot.  If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated. 

First, I started with createinstallmedia method. I can boot to USB clover, but when I choose USB drive to boot installer, nothing happens and I get back to clover main screen immediately.  Same result for verbose, single and all the rest.  (no terminal output)

So I moved on to the old style. I mounted basesystem.dmg and restored it to the usb drive.  Then I replaced packages and copied basesystem.dmg and chunklist to root.  When I boot with this USB, I see surface starts to boot (-v slide=0 log=false) but I see many error messages about "Failed to bootstrap path /Library/LaunchAgents".  The booting process eventually stalls at "Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ITE sequence ID=0x8519, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

What I am using:

surfacepro1, yosemite from appstore, SP1 0.4V, dualboot with win8 & maverick

Thanks.

Just found a workaround: replace /usr/sbin/blued with the version from mavericks... typing from my bluetooth type cover right now.

The original blued is crashing:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[iOBluetoothHostController BroadcomHCILEResetAdvancedMatchingRules:matchingRemaining:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fd301c0f8d0'

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

abort() called

looks like the BroadcomHCI driver needs a fix to work with the new blued.

Thanks bjsurf, I hope this is indeed an Apple issue (can you test with a USB Bluetooth pen)?

The weird part is that the Avastar shouldn't load the Broadcom driver at all. I hope Apple's not reducing compatibility with non-Broadcom Bluetooth adapters or we may have a real problem.

Hi All, 

Thanks for sharing this installation guide.  I am having bit of a trouble getting yosemite to boot.  If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated. 

First, I started with createinstallmedia method. I can boot to USB clover, but when I choose USB drive to boot installer, nothing happens and I get back to clover main screen immediately.  Same result for verbose, single and all the rest.  (no terminal output)

So I moved on to the old style. I mounted basesystem.dmg and restored it to the usb drive.  Then I replaced packages and copied basesystem.dmg and chunklist to root.  When I boot with this USB, I see surface starts to boot (-v slide=0 log=false) but I see many error messages about "Failed to bootstrap path /Library/LaunchAgents".  The booting process eventually stalls at "Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ITE sequence ID=0x8519, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

What I am using:

surfacepro1, yosemite from appstore, SP1 0.4V, dualboot with win8 & maverick

Thanks.

Hi macray,

I had the same problem and a lot of "Failed to bootstrap path /Library/LaunchAgents" messages as well

see posts #48 and #50

Are you using clover version 2696?

Hi macray,

I had the same problem and a lot of "Failed to bootstrap path /Library/LaunchAgents" messages as well

see posts #48 and #50

Are you using clover version 2696?

Hi bjsurf - any chance you could explain your process a little more if your bluetooth is working, I am stuck with the icon but won't connect to anything, keen to try and get it going.

Sorry, my knowledge isn't good enough to know how to replace that file.

Thanks

Could someone confirm that the microsd is working for them on DP4 - using a surface pro. 

It was working previously, don't use it often, just put a card in there and its not showing?

I am wondering if I have missed a kext - everything else seems to be running ok bar bluetooth.

I am tempted to update to DP5 but will make an image of current disk first after all the time it has taken me to get it running so far!

does the continuity feature work with iphone or ipad? what about 3d hardare acceleration?

In theory yes although I have ios8 and it hasn't worked yet - can be flaky from experience, it's still beta.

Handoff, no as it uses bluetooth and the kext doesn't work.

3d, nae idea.

In theory yes although I have ios8 and it hasn't worked yet - can be flaky from experience, it's still beta.

Handoff, no as it uses bluetooth and the kext doesn't work.

3d, nae idea.

can bluetooth be fixed? if not, would it work with bluetooth dongle? Talking about surface pro 2 by the way. How is battery life? =)

acceleration doesnt seem to work, because there is no transparancy in the screenshots

Dongle won't work for handoff, its not currently supported by apple (may change).

The built in, not sure, it was Jape who made the last one work but its way beyond my knowledge, he may be altering it.

I have SP1, battery life is pretty reasonable, not to the level of MBA but good enough to work on for most of a day.

why does it say that my osx partition cannot be unmounted/deactivated? i can get into the installer but not further.

You probably want to give a little more info, where does it say that, what are you trying to do etc.

If you are trying to do a fresh install, have you used disk utility to clear a partition?

yes, handoff would work with a proper bt adapter or when the driver for the integrated Bt will be fixed by jape.

yes, Quartz Extreme and Core Image are working (3d Hw Accel) 

Battery:

web surfing 6hours (without flash)

with flash 3hours 

Standard usage 2.5hours.

Gaming (Bioshock) at the lowest resolution 0.5hours or less (and possible fire from the tablet)

BTW

this thread is specifically for those who are interested in testing the Public Beta or Developer Preview, next time use search and if really needed open a new thread.

Thanks 

and as always good hack.

Yeah im in the 10.10 installer and im trying to Format my old 10.9 Partition, but diskutil says that my Partition cannot be unmounted or deactiviated, i Tried it several Times but it doenst work. Even install without deleting my old Partition doesnt work

Hi bjsurf - any chance you could explain your process a little more if your bluetooth is working, I am stuck with the icon but won't connect to anything, keen to try and get it going.

Sorry, my knowledge isn't good enough to know how to replace that file.

running 10.9.

Thanks

Dear Ethan,

Im on holidays in Italy right now, so I dont check posts on a regular basis.

If you have a running 10.9 installation take the file blued from /usr/sbin and copy it to the same directory of your 10.10 installation.

For safety reasons rename the existing blued to blued.old first.

/usr/sbin is a hidden folder so if finder doesnt show it use the go to folder menue entry from finder.