[Guide] Test MacOs 10.10 PublicBeta or DeveloperPreview

JahStories

121 posts in this topic

Ok, have managed to get past it. The clover version used makes a difference, I used r2695 and r2696 which if you then dump the kexts in and boot with injected kexts will load the installer - just away to see what I can manage with it.

(Yosemite DP2 SurfacePro)

Ok, have managed to get past it. The clover version used makes a difference, I used r2695 and r2696 which if you then dump the kexts in and boot with injected kexts will load the installer - just away to see what I can manage with it.

Updated:

Installed fine, everything now functioning just doing the update through the app store. 

Still need to figure out iCloud sign in as it blocks me and for some reason the graphics seem a little juddery on the dock and opening windows - anyone else experience that?

New problem is now the null ethernet, can't get the ethernet port to show up in networking regardless what I try - I can get wifi from the dongle fine but can't sign into iMessage etc - anyone else overcame this?

I followed the guide, downloaded the 2 kexts, installed them, removed all devices from system preferences, deleted the .plist file from the library, checked the serial number is good but it just will not show.

After installing the kext correctly an additional network controller will be shown in the network preferences.

mayby you have to search for different kexts.

Try the one from the SP1 v0.4 Pack in the General Surface running OSX guide.

maybe then the NullEthernet.kext will work for your system

I put them all into my /EFI/Clover/kext folder to be automatically injected during boot so I have not have to install... kext if I reinstall OSX

There is more magic behind the authentification process to iCloud & AppStore so the lets call it simulated Ethernet controller on eth0  with the right serial number in the config.plist is necessary to get the auth working.

Also the fakt that we have no wired ethernet controller we have to declare the simulated device as build-in device.

see

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295534-mac-app-store-access-with-nullethernetkext/?p=1988019

Thanks Sandman, I spent an age on it last night and eventually gave up.

Currently have Mavericks and Yosemite installed. For the Ethernet showing in Mavericks and have iCloud and App Store but can't get imessage / FaceTime.

In Yosemite I can't get the Ethernet to show so can't do anything.

I have amended the config.plist with a working serial etc. I must have missed something, in a way it's good to hear it works as it means it's fixable but in a way it's worse because I can't see how!

Will try again tonight as I really like the surface but not having that on it is a big thing for my use of it so really want to fix it.

Also we have to modify our HOW-To for DP4

It seems that a few fixes has to be made.

USB not working (USB-Stick & microSD)

regarding the boot hangups

I've only copied the posted EFI folder to my EFI partition and all works fine for 10.10 DP2

I've also mentioned that the boot time,... was better than in my old 10.9 configuration

The posted EFI files also worked for my previous 10.9 installation

Only start from USB/microSD (where the EFI Partition is) and select the right partition.

no special boot option was needed in my case

Any fix for USB issues on DP4?

Not jet because at the moment I'm at work :-)

Yesturday I Installed 10.10 DP2 on an erased partition and saved all the kext.

Updated to DP3 and saved all the kext (USB still working)

Update to DP4 and fall asleep. :-)

for today I will replace USB related kext from DP and try to get USB working again.

will tell you if I get it working and how.

Not jet because at the moment I'm at work :-)

Yesturday I Installed 10.10 DP2 on an erased partition and saved all the kext.

Updated to DP3 and saved all the kext (USB still working)

Update to DP4 and fall asleep. :-)

for today I will replace USB related kext from DP and try to get USB working again.

will tell you if I get it working and how.

Thanks so much greatly appreciated.

I also successfully installed Yosemite on my MicroSDHC . I don't need any boot options to boot.

But when ever i boot into Yosemote, it's realy slow. I installed IntelHD Patcher, restored some Kexts whose made the booting at first stuck.. and it's slow :(

Btw, i use by USB Stick to boot into Yosemite , don't know if should install Clover  on my MicroSDHC to fix slowness ?

@Sandman01

Firstly, thanks for continuing to update others even when yours is sorted.

You saying yours is up and running prompted me to take down the classified ad for mine and look at it again, following your link above I now have a functional DP4 machine with iCloud and app store running. 

I have started doing as you have and loaded the kexts on to the clover folder and just booting with injected kexts every time and that has made it all work. 

However I am now hitting another issue with the iMessage / FaceTime element, it still won't allow me to sign in however the message is different from my Mavericks install, it states there is a network problem. There clearly isn't, can access the account on my phone and can access the internet on the surface so just trying to nail down where the issue lies. 

Any guidance would be appreciated if that means anything to you, in the meantime I will continue trying to sort it!

Thanks again

OK, have got a little further now - iMessage lets me in but then shows my account as inactive in the compose box, its pulled my telephone number and email etc into it but won't let me physically do anything.

FaceTime just won't sign in, it did once but then kicked me back out and won't again now. 

On a side note, bluetooth is there but doesn't show or connect to anything?

I'm completely new to OS X so I have not used iMessage & FaceTime so far.

iMessage let me login & seems to work (not sure)

FaceTime do not let me login with my AppleID

Because of the fact that I would  not like to enter my credit card number anywhere, I stuck at that How-To

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=2020598

maybe thats the solution for you

Thanks Sandman, 5 minutes ago it just started working, I honestly don't know what fixed it - I followed a bunch of guides tried a lot of different things, walked away and made a coffee, came back and it was asking for my iCloud password - put it in again for like the 50th time and it just connected, messages pinged through and all working.

Totally delighted, makes it a very functional machine for me now. 

Last thing that I want to tinker with is Bluetooth, for some reason it still isn't connecting, does in Mavericks but not Yosemite. If I can get that going I can look at Handoff.

Thanks to all for all your help.

About the "update" to the PublicBeta of 10.10

i've tested updating from 10.9.4 to 10.10 PB1 simply by clicking it's installer using injection without cache. (just put all the kexts on efi : clover / kexts / 10.10)

and its working thanks to the amazing Clover boot loader.

the maverick guide is one of the most complete and discussed thread on here and believe me when i say that there is everything you may need to know about using OS X on the surface pro.

if you think it sucks, just don't use it, no offence.

btw 

this new guide (10.10) should be marked beta since 10.10 its so.

i suggest users to wait for the final version.

Cheers 

Hey there!! :)

10.10 seems pretty fast, but i think that the problem of choppy flash video playback will still be there, its caused by the really high dpi setting and the poor performance of our hd4000. :/

About the "update" to the PublicBeta of 10.10

i've tested updating from 10.9.4 to 10.10 PB1 simply by clicking it's installer using injection without cache. (just put all the kexts on efi : clover / kexts / 10.10)

and its working thanks to the amazing Clover boot loader.

(surfacepro)

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but booting the public beta my surface pro 1 gets stuck on the grey screen with apple logo and a lighter grey empty progress bar. The color ball spins endlessly, I can move it with the touchscreen though :-)

on the console before I get a lot of errors with  "failed to bootstrap path: /Library/Launchagents"

strange, i had no problems updating...

have you tried using an external drive installer instead?

Yes, I made a USB Stick with createinstallmedia, installed clover 2696, put the config files and 10.10 kexts, same effect!

Has to do with my partition layout maybe? Shouldn't but I have no other explanation yet.

Is it possible to get the console output showing instead of the grey screen with apple logo?

mhhhhh it seems that you are not the only one with this problem, take a look here ;)

hope it helps 

I had to add  slide=0 and log=false bootoptions to my config.plist

Now the install is running fine in verbose mode!

Thanks a lot!

• Like 2