[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

So, this about OS X and UEFI Windows 8 on a legacy mode.

Today I accidentally discovered that Clover applies DSDT/config.plist to Windows also or may be I am wrong. I booted into windows with basic clover config and saw my screen resolution was not correct. And I did clover installation and booted, but now I see correct screen resolution.

So does clover has any influence on windows booting also? If yes, how do I boot into windows without DSDT/config.plist taking effect?

It does if you did a reboot, not a shutdown I guess. My old Asus N43SM does that quite often ( boot into windows first, then os x > nvidia gpu fires up although it was disabled in the dsdt, and if I do it in reverse order, nvidia gpu is gone from windows )

Maybe for some systems or BIOSes, the graphics settings are "remembered" from the last booted OS (if rebooting the computer instead of cold booting from complete power off)?

I don't think Clover patches the native DSDT when booting Windows (at least it's not meant to). However some users with dual graphics have reported strange issues if IGP is not disabled in BIOS- eg see this open ticket.

Update, clover can inject dsdt to windows if the dsdt is found in clover/acpi/windows folder

The EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Windows folder is designed to inject SLIC.aml (not DSDT.aml)---> for OEM Windows activation :wink_anim:.

• Like 2

Hello World, 

I have a quick question maybe you can help me answer. I am wondering considering the changes to iMessage & Facetime would it be easier to run a macpro 3,1 profile with 13 digit MLB ???

Currently I have a Macmini 6,2 profile and was thinking of switching to a iMac 13,2 after installing Ozmosis (because I do not have Intel HD4000 enabled), but with the changes to Apple Services I am considering MacPro 3,1. 

Please share your thoughts, my hardware is as follows:

Clover Bootloader

Gigabyte Z77 UP5 TH (CSM disabled, C-states disabled)

Intel i7 3770K (ivy Bridge)

AMD 7950 (GOP Bios)

apple broadcom wifi & bluetooth 4.0

Let me know if you need anything other information. 

Thanks in advance, 

Liquid_ic

I don't think that it's a problem to change SMBIOS, I use MacBook Pro as SMBIOS, but the SmUUID I added made it "look like" I have iMac (my mlb+rom are taken from a real imac), tho SmUUID is not really needed, MLB+ROM are the only things needed, MAYBE, you can copy the whole SMBIOS + MLB + ROM to your hack from the real mac you're using, but that may affect Power Management.

• Like 1

@Liquid Ice,

If you want to generate a valid MLB as opposed to cloning the values from a real Mac, we are currently limited to 13 character MLBs from older Macs (since the pattern of 17 character MLBs have not been fully worked out).  As @midi has pointed out in the post above, only the MLB/ROM combination is relevant for iMessage/FT activation and at least for the moment, can be mixed and matched with ANY SMBIOS/system serial.

For the SMBIOS variables, the most important is ProductName/MacModel

ProductName ---> Determines how the hack actually functions in OSX eg speed step, sleep, power management

System Serial ---> Determines the Mac model you see in the "About" screen

System-ID ---> Used to calculate Hardware UUID

Board-id ---> Largely cosmetic

If your hack functions OK with a MacPro 3,1 SMBIOS, by all means use it with the corresponding MLB/ROM to activate iMessage/FT.  If, however, you find the iMac 13,2 definition works better for speedstep/sleep/power management, you can just set ProductName to iMac13,2 while MLB/ROM and all the other SMBIOS IDs can be set for MacPro3,1.

• Like 1

Go the guide I just told you !!! And look at the end of the post there are some troubleshooting guides!

Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows following the procedure, but When I boot the usb drive with clover then when I chose the disk/partition in which I want to install Windows 7 I got this error

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup log file for more information."

Why this error?

Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows following the procedure, but When I boot the usb drive with clover then when I chose the disk/partition in which I want to install Windows 7 I got this error

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup log file for more information."

Why this error?

You have 2 hard drives on your machine, correct ?

I managed to install with automatical mode (I only format hard drive with disk part but I can't active it) but it copied the files into windows hard drive (I see them if I boot with Yosemite and I chose the windows hard drive)

I only got an error just before windows installation normally restart the computer.

The problem is that I cannot finish installation as I don't see the hard drive in clover.

How can I solve the problem?

Hi,

Why this error?

@carlocav,

Is your Windows hard drive partitioned GUID?

Do you have an EFI partition on it?  Please show the output of running diskutil list eg

diskutil list
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Mavericks               124.4 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
   4:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk0s4
   5:       Microsoft Basic Data SHARED DATA             249.8 GB   disk0s5
   6:       Microsoft Basic Data WIN7_X64                125.0 GB   disk0s6

The error basically means it can't install the Windows EFI boot files (BCD store, bootmgfw.efi etc) into the EFI.  Provided you have an EFI partition on the Windows drive, you can try a startup repair with the Windows install media (I would recommend temporarily disconnecting your other drives while doing this as @midi suggested). 

Alternatively, it maybe easier to completely nuke the Windows drive (so it is just empty space: diskpart clean, initialize as GUID) and reinstall UEFI Windows with the other drives disconnected ---> the Windows installer will take care of the partitioning ;).

• Like 1

thank you fusion71au,

If I disconnect all the hard drives, including the Yosemite one in which I have installed clover, I will not be able to load clover, and so how can I launch Windows UEFI installation?

I don't have an EFI partition in windows drive, I thought that I needed only the EFI partition in the Yosemite one. Now I have a Windows folder in the EFI partition of Yosemite because of some failed experiments, can I delete it without problems?

@carlocav,

You can actually install Clover into the EFI partition of your UEFI Windows installer (see post#66) or onto a FAT32 MBR formatted USB to boot your computer ---> at Clover Main Menu, choose run bootmgfw.efi from Microsoft EFI boot menu to start installation.

Re Microsoft folder in EFI:  Yes, you can delete it safely without affecting your OSX boot.

• Like 1

@carlocav,

You can actually install Clover into the EFI partition of your UEFI Windows installer (see post#66) or onto a FAT32 MBR formatted USB to boot your computer ---> at Clover Main Menu, choose run bootmgfw.efi from Microsoft EFI boot menu to start installation.

Re Microsoft folder in EFI:  Yes, you can delete it safely without affecting your OSX boot.

I installed Clover in the USB Drive and if the usb is attached if I choose in the BIOS boot with Hard drive the clover of the USB drive appear and not the one of the hard drive.

If I remove the usb drive everything is ok. Why is this happening?

Another question. In the guide

Install Clover into the EFI partition of this USB by targeting the OSX partition and customize by selecting Install Clover in the ESP, Bootloader > Install boot0ss in MBR, CloverEFI > CloverEFI 64-bits SATA and Drivers64UEFI > EmuVariableUefi-64. Perform installation:

If I don't have the os x partition in the usb drive, and I have only efi hidden partition and windows partition, how can I install clover?

And than since I have already Yosemite installed, do I need to copy these files?

- Put config.plist in EFI/CLOVER directory

- Put DSDT.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

- Put HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 & EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

- Delete VBoxHfs-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 & EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

- Put FakeSMC.kext and other kexts required in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10

@carlocav,

For the first question, the behavior might arise if you used different Clover installation options for the hard drive vs USB....

Did you install Clover into the EFI partition of your Yosemite hard drive with the boot0af option but with the boot0ss option for the USB?  Try changing the Clover install so that both Hard Drive and USB installations are boot0ss (if that doesn't work, make both installs bootaf).

If you don't have an HFS+ partition on your UEFI Windows USB to target the Clover install into the EFI, then you must partition the USB installer as MBR (instead of GUID) with 2 partitions:

1.  200MB FAT32 partition for Clover

2.  >4GB FAT32 partition for UEFI Windows installation files

---> then install Clover targetting the 200MB FAT32 partition (untick "install Clover in the ESP" in the custom options).

For your last question: since you already have Clover installed in the EFI system partition of your Yosemite drive, you don't need to install it on the EFI partition of your Windows hard drive.  Just set the BIOS to give priority to boot the Yosemite hard drive first ---> will load Clover ---> then you can start either UEFI Windows or OSX through Clover.

ok I figured out how to have 2GB on Intel HD4000 with clover, it gain to the graphic card some performance, not that much but a big bump for some apps :)

UPDATE: Tried patching it manually on a real mac :o :o :o :o :o WORKED :D with 4GB of RAM and it works smoothly, tho, the next warning should still be taken in consideration!!!

UPDATE 2: MORE THAN 2GB (2.39 GB precisely :P ) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?p=2103711 Thanks to @bronksteck

WARNING: WORKS ON PCs WITH 6GB OF RAM AND UP, LOWER THAN THAT MAY MAKE YOUR SYSTEM UNSTABLE (Tired it on 4GB system, worked, didn't see any slowness, but just KEEP THAT IN MIND)

So I've been reading here then the guy didn't answer me, but after I found this then I checked my Clover Patch that adds IGP3's ports to IGP4, and changed it to this (ONLY FOR IGP4 USERS!!!!!!):

Find:

Replace:

Name:

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

So, I just read that and made my patching: 

53616d1366190331-unified-appleintelframe

Look that the Ram Allocation (the black square with yellow font that refers to the yellow square in the hex digits), so I had normally 40 (for Mavericks and Yosemite, for older it would be 20 or 18 depending on the IGP).

To make the patch for your IGP:

Screenshot%202015-01-11%2022.49.51.png?d

Then copy it to clover configurator under Kext Patch & Kernel in "Find" field, and put the kext name as shown above, then change the last two digits from 40 to 80 then copy it in the Replace field, you'll get this configuration:

Name:

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

Find:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0000000100000040

Replace:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0000000100000080

XXXX: Depends on the IGP parameters

40->80: The digits to change

Save and reboot ;)

Screenshot%202015-01-11%2023.00.01.png?d

Enjoy :)

• Like 5

For the first question, the behavior might arise if you used different Clover installation options for the hard drive vs USB....

Did you install Clover into the EFI partition of your Yosemite hard drive with the boot0af option but with the boot0ss option for the USB?

Yes, so I just chose boot0af for the USB that is safar than change clover on Yosemite drive.

Do I only need the same options for Bootloader, or even for Drivers64, themes and install clover in the ESP (in the yosemite drive this option is disabled while in your guide in the picture is enabled)?

@carlocav,

Have a look at the Clover wiki for a description of what each of the installation options means.  I recommend installing Clover into the ESP and keeping the install options the same as for the USB (providing boot works). 

"Install Clover in the ESP: Best option when such an EFI partition is available (GPT partitioned drive)"

For the hard drive install, I also recommend selecting RC Scripts for proper functioning for NVRAM/iMessage/FT in non UEFI machines.

PS: We are probably spamming this thread too much :P.  Maybe ask further questions in @avin7000's thread or the Clover General discussion.

• Like 1

Midi

you can use 99  to bump up the Vram a bit more looks like thats the max

i used you suggestion but for ig-3

comment=2448 MB Vram FB 0x01660003 Patch

name=AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

find=0300660101020402000000040000000100000040

replace=0300660101020402000000040000000100000099

system info now shows

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Type: GPU