nVIDIA Retail Drivers for Mavericks

Kynyo

106 posts in this topic

You can PM-fix the Apple drivers by copying libclh.dylib from /S/L/E/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ to /S/L/E/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/.

This way you can switch between them to compare and still have working power management.

• Like 2

hello,

can anyone please let me know the benefit of using nvidia's drivers vs using apple's driver?

as you can see from my signature for my setup. It's running fine as is. triple monitors with the card, and a forth monitor with the on-board.

One small problem is in adobe photoshop 6, it only see my on-board HD4000 card; not the GTX770. Would nvidia's driver solve that?

thank you.

NVIDIA's drivers are only necessary if Apple's native drivers aren't detecting your card. That's the issue I have.

NVIDIA's drivers are only necessary if Apple's native drivers aren't detecting your card. That's the issue I have.

Actually not 100% true. For example, GK110 based cards are _detected_ just fine and work OOTB. But: if you want working PM, you absolutely need the web drivers, or at least have patch the stock drivers. Plus - as I said - they are much more recent, instead of 4 revisions behind the Win WHQL driver, the web drivers are only one revision behind. So this might also translate to better performance / more stability, though I have not tested this yet. Last but not least there are additional features unlocked with the web drivers for some cards.

Actually not 100% true. For example, GK110 based cards are _detected_ just fine and work OOTB. But: if you want working PM, you absolutely need the web drivers, or at least have patch the stock drivers. Plus - as I said - they are much more recent, instead of 4 revisions behind the Win WHQL driver, the web drivers are only one revision behind. So this might also translate to better performance / more stability, though I have not tested this yet. Last but not least there are additional features unlocked with the web drivers for some cards.

Well, unfortunately for me i can't get any signal through my card (GK104-based GTX 680) on my Z87 system using the native Apple drivers, and had to resort to NVIDIA's web drivers. However, I am not knocking your explanation, but just speaking for my current situation. Although the GTX 680 works OOB on my X58 system using the native Apple drivers, I wouldn't waste time trying use NVIDIA's drivers on it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

These drivers bench faster for me, but the dock is somewhat sluggish from unhiding.

It even stutters a bit, anyone got this problem? Running the drivers on a 660Ti card.

this happened to me as well until i disabled graphics enabler

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi , thanks for all your help , I am using Web driver 346.01.03f01 , what will be the edit needed on NVDARequieredOS?  I have GTX 970 and have 10.10.4 OS update 

I have this on NVDARequieredOS

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14E46</string>
<key>NVDAType</key>
<string>Web</string>

thanks again for all the help :)

forgot to mention that I just finished building a Dual E5-2640 v2   1.6Mhz  with turbo up to 2.1 MHZ  on a ASRock  motherboard with 128 GB  of  1333 DDR3 memory  , everything works except PM ,i know I might need a Bios patch but have not had the chance to do it ,  I have 31 cores enabled and working with flag CPUS=31 due to kernel , I used a modified kernel to be able to use all 32 core but it did not worked , at this point I am using iMac 13.2 SMBios  cause it won't allow me to use MacPro6.1  due to graphics going blank and reset computer . so my signature here is my 10 year old laptop computer , still have it but use it only for small tasks , thanks again for all the help this forum has provided  

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...