10.4.8 Intel SSE2 Update excluded Frameworks list

quixos

89 posts in this topic

DON'T BE AN IDIOT! BACKUP YOUR 10.4.7 FRAMEWORKS!

here are the Frameworks to exclude from an SSE2 10.4.8 update.

/System/Library/Frameworks/

AppKit.framework

ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework

CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework

DirectoryServices.framework

DiskRecording.framework

DiskRecordingUI.framework

DiskArbitration.framework

DVDPlayback.framework

Foundation.framework

IOKit.framework

Message.framework

OpenGL.framework

QuartzCore.framework

WebKit.framework

------------------------------------

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/

GraphKit.framework

DiskManagement.framework

-------------------------------------

exclude also Activity Monitor

/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app

--------------------------------------

Activity Monitor doesn't show the graphical Disk or Network Activity,

but it does show graphical CPU Usage. any ideas? FIXED

everything else "I" use, works as it should, so far. :D

let me know how it goes, if all goes well, i'll put this in the first post.

-------------------------------------

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY

use all your applications, and REPORT in some detail unexpected or broken

behavior! look at the console, google, get back to us!

if effort is made we probably can track down unexpected behaviors and loose ends.

give this a couple days before you start asking for a package. :)

------------------------------------

Edited, added Message.framework (to fix slow mailsync). now i'm done for the day. looking

forward to reading about broken things tonight. ;)

p.s. some problems with the 10.4.8 Update seem to be common between SSE2 and SSE3 capable CPU.

if you have an SSE3 capable CPU and have problems with Safari, DVD Playback etc, you might consider excluding

these Frameworks from your update. it wouldn't hurt. but i am NOT involved. :D

Edited, added Graphkit.framework (fixes missing Activity Monitor graphical displays in Network and Disk Activity)

Edited, added DiskManagement.framework (fixes endless candystripe with progress bar while repairing permissions

or creating image.)

Edited, added WebKit.framework (fixes Safari posting)

Edited, added CoreServices/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework (fixes December 31 1903, and iTunes import/conversion)

AppKit.framework

ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework

DirectoryServices.framework

DiskRecording.framework

DiskRecordingUI.framework

DiskArbitration.framework

DVDPlayback.framework

Foundation.framework

IOKit.framework

QuartzCore.framework

Wow , thats just ... wow ....Great job at tracking all that down :)

I have to say I had this happen to me to once with 10.4.8

I was thinking of replacing those frameworks too,but first I just replaced disk utility with the one from 4.7,and that fixed the problem right up,dvd's and cd's mounted np and burning was fixed also.

just something to try.

It just might save you 3 frameworks :)

i don't know what to do with Disk Utility yet, old version or new, the repair permissions never turns into a progress bar, it remains a spinning candystripe.

and there is also no graphics in the Network, or Disk Activity boxes, in Activity Monitor.FIXED

at this time everything i've used works except for those cosmetic things i spoke of above. but i have a hella lot of applications to go through. :)

i'll wait for hopefully a large list of broken stuff from SSE2 users who replace these Frameworks. get enough broken stuff, perhaps it'll be easier to see what they have in common, for quick fixing.

erikk, re:fc, motion. error messages, console clues?

--------------------------------------------

somebody try out Speech Recognition, and Printing (network etc), everything.

-------------------------------------------

i'm going OUTSIDE. bbl

I have a test system that is an IBM THinkCentre (8183-32U). The Specs are:

CPU Type: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 3.4 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM EST

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 533 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 2AKT42AUS (IBM)

I installed JaS 10.4.7 from the instal DVD to an erased oot drive. I applied the Apple software updates - except for 10.4.8. I then applied the JaS 10.4.8 update that I downloaded an hour or so ago.

Re: printing: I have no printers directly connected to this system. There is an HP LaserJet 1200 connected to a network lpd server and an Epson Photo R800 connected to a local workgroup WinXP-Home system.

I can print to either one and the print to the Epson R800 is in color.

My Apple Script application that mounts 3 Network Attached Storage volumes via SMB share mounts at login time works correctly. The volumes contain my music library, Photo library and a few ripped DVD video files. The photos are available and display correctly. Can't tell about the Music files, this system is only SSE2 and I can't run iTunes from here.

FireFox & Thunderbird both work correctly - mail comes in - lots od spam to delete :blink:

I am still working on getting my graphics card Dimond ATI radeon 9250 (pci) to work at better than 1200x1024. Still, it didn't work befoer the update either.

Is there a solution for me to solve these small problem because I have already installed the Jas sse2 update for INTEL without doing a new installation.

JaS released this first SSE2 update so we would all have access to our desktops, from which we'd be able to figure out the rest.

have you backed up your Frameworks? have you access to the frameworks from other successful installation media, or update packages?

replacing these 10.4.8 frameworks and files, with those from 10.4.7 (or 10.4.earlier?), and repairing permissions is all you need

to get current and working.

hi quixos,

new hackintosh user here, so pardon my ignorance. is the framework replacement a trial and error process, or do you have a tool that monitors file access and points you in the direction of which files to try? i would like jump in and help, but i'm afraid of a trial and error approach as the possibilities and combinations can be endless.

added

WebKit.framework (fixes Safari posting)

---------------------------------------------------------

mirage3d, Trial and ERROR. thanks for your interest. if you have Final Cut, or Motion. let me know.

--------------------------------------------------------

yes, my eyeballs are pools of blood. can you look me in these bloody eyes and call it "userland"? :)

As I already applied JAS (thx JAS) SSE2 10.4.8 upgrade and I accidentally trashed my system backup folder (so no more copies of the 10.4.7 frameworks) I had to look for another way to get things working again.

What I did was open up the JAS 10.4.7 Update using Pacifist and install all the "available" frameworks as mentioned by Quixos over the 10.4.8 again.

With "available" I mean the ones that are actually inside the package as not all frameworks are included in the upgrade package...

After a reboot I'm fine again meaning that every application that I'm using is working again.

Quixos: sorry but can't test Final Cut Express HD or Final Cut Pro as I don't have QE/CI on my laptop (ATI Radeon 9200) :)

Take care,

Tek_No

erikk, re:fc, motion. error messages, console clues?

--------------------------------------------

somebody try out Speech Recognition, and Printing (network etc), everything.

-------------------------------------------

i'm going OUTSIDE. bbl

hi...

thats the problem, there is no error message.

Motion:

when i open motion it starts, i can choose a new template or a empty new project... then the main window open. and i can work. but when i go to menu bar on section (ablage (german) or file (english) ) motion closed withour message an error. i figure out: when i close the main window by pressing the small balls, i can go to the menu bar without crash. i also find out, that only at point "file" motion crashes... on all other menu bar points motion works well and i get full menu features.

Final Cut:

It loads, but after loading the au-plugins it closed without message... i tried all, like delete plugins... etc... nothing will be better.. it closed every time before i get the work space.

On my old machine, i remember i had the same problem for a while and it was a opengl.framework problem, which was fixed by iopcifamily.kext

I tried everything, i used older frameworks (from 10.4.5 to 10.4.8.) no change... i disabled qe/ci no change... i tried ati x1600 no change... also switch back to 10.4.7. make no change. i think the only way is reinstall completly. how knows?! the only thing i can say... on fresh install 10.4.6 (jas) + 10.4.7 update (jas) motion and fc works well.

best erik

::::Update::::

i get error message in console:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'aecore::Execption'