10.4.8 Intel SSE2 Update excluded Frameworks list

quixos

89 posts in this topic

Hi quixos,

Not sure if this applies to other people, but I was having a problem with my netgear wireless card. It would not automatically login to my network. Had to do it manually every time. A bit annoying.

So I rebuild my machine, tried the JaS SSE2 combo update, and that trashed it. So rebuilt it again, using your method, and again had the the same problem with the wireless.

So to cut a long story short I replace the following framework with my origianl one from 10.4.7, and it fixed my problem.

The framework is:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple82011.framework

Not sure if this helps anyone or was just a problem with my machine.

now that the packages are out, i'm going to update the list in first post, and also add the other files to be excluded.

i'll be doing a Manual Update guide with the 10.4.8 Delta, Intel SSE2 only, as soon as i've tracked down, or someone else discovers how to fix System Profiler 0MHz problem.

if you install an update package and use iMovie HD, let me know how it's working. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

department27, good to know.

i'm going to change the topic to include Intel!

now that the packages are out, i'm going to update the list in first post, and also add the other files to be excluded.

i'll be doing a Manual Update guide with the 10.4.8 Delta, Intel SSE2 only, as soon as i've tracked down, or someone else discovers how to fix System Profiler 0MHz problem.

if you install an update package and use iMovie HD, let me know how it's working. :D

Good luck in 0MHz hunting and hope to hear the good news soon....

I've installed the update on my SSE2 system. So far all is well, haven't encountered a problem yet. The System Profiler 0MHz problem isn't that big a deal. When I was in 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 it would always incorrectly identify my 2 ghz P4 as 3 Ghz. Anyway, I just opened iMovie HD and it appears to be in full working order.

Thanks, quixos! :D

Just to report another success after applied SEE2 update. So far, all software I have seemed run normally. Software Update works fine as well. Apart from 0MHz and Hardware Profile, it just works great as it should do.

Thanks Quixos again for the hard work.

P.S. Signature updated!

Bruce

if you install an update package and use iMovie HD, let me know how it's working. :)

Hi Quixos,

I've been having a bit of a play with some of the frameworks. From what I can tell this really seems to depend on what machine you have.

So far I have the following not installed:

AppKit.framework

DirectoryServices.framework

Foundation.framework

IOKit.framework

Message.framework

WebKit.framework

GraphKit.framework

DiskManagement.framework

/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app

And everything is working for me.

Quick Question, Is there a good place to find what the other frameworks do, as I might ptu back the following but have no idea what they do:

AppKit.framework

DirectoryServices.framework

Foundation.framework

IOKit.framework

Thanks in advance

if you have an SSE3 compatible CPU, you are in a lucky way.

SSE3 is NOT what this thread is about, even though SSE2 and SSE3 might share some problem frameworks or files.

technically appropriate or not, i value your (and others) interest, as it offers me the illusion that i'm not floating in a vacuum. :P

-------------------------------------------

Caffe, re: iMovie HD. are you on SSE2 or SSE3. just want to make DOUBLE-SURE. :)

if you have an SSE3 compatible CPU, you are in a lucky way.

SSE3 is NOT what this thread is about, even though SSE2 and SSE3 might share some problem frameworks or files.

technically appropriate or not, i value your (and others) interest, as it offers me the illusion that i'm not floating in a vacuum. :P

-------------------------------------------

Caffe, re: iMovie HD. are you on SSE2 or SSE3. just want to make DOUBLE-SURE. :)

That was the point I was trying to make. Even thought my CPU says it is SSE3, I cannot run the SSE3 kernel, hence have always installed the SSE2 version of things. Maybe it's something to do with the origianl Maxxus kernel. I will have a play with my laptop with is definately SSE2 and see what I come up with. The apple8201 framework was from that. Will let you know if anything breaks.