OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

First of all, thanks in advance for your answer . But I already tried what you told me in your post and it did not work.

I think that I have a problem with my bios boot loader, but I do not know how could I reset.

Someone could help me please?

Thanks a million Don Quijote. Finally, I could reinstall the whole yosemite again.

Now I have a biggest problem. I can not connect to my iCloud account. Apple show me a banner with this

- "You can not log in to iCloud because there has been a problem verifying the identity of this Mac. Restart your Mac and try to log in again."

What can I do

Hello, I would like someone to help me with this bios problem. After an upgrade the BIOS, I can not access the BIOS. He calls and is frozen, when I press F2 or F12 it is locked. I already removed the CMOS battery, the hard drives and did nothing effect, it is always frozen on this screen. I am very grateful if someone can give a helping hand. I will attach a BIOS image and all hardware settings. 

Laptop: Notebook DELL 14z 5423

5423Dell.rar

My system is not the same, it's a XPS, but I had this same issue several times, not being able to access BIOS, and each time I solved it by flashing same BIOS again.

I'm not having this problem lately, so I suspect, in my case, it was a problem with previous versions of clover

byyyyyye

Hello all!

Thank you for your great work @TimeWalker75a. It's really awesome.

I just installed Yosemite on my Vostro 3450. But i have problem with DELL SCT OSX Support Package v1.1.3.

I cannot install it properly.

I have primary (ssd) disk with Windows and Linux, and secondary (caddy) with MacOsX on it. The only way to run it is using flash drive with UEFI Clover which i used at installation.

Anyone have some idea how to makes work last step (post installation)?

Logs are in attachment.

Installer Log 20-Mar-2016_2.txt

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Folks:

I need your help because I have 2 issues.

- I can not fix my wifi on my pc. I already tried everything but It's impossible. I have got a Vostro 3450, but I do not know wich wifi card I have installed.

- When I start Shell to change my boot from HD to SSD, I can not find my : Key, and I can not change my boot because I can not write Fs:3. So I have to connect a USB with clover and later take it off. I already hit all my kyes on the keyboard, and also with alt, alt+command, alt GR+ command.

Is there any other way to do it?.

Thanks mates.

• 4 weeks later...

Method (NOFF, 0, NotSerialized)

{
            P8XH (Zero, 0xF2, P8XH (Zero, 0xF3, PHSR (0xB4), Store (Zero, LCRB)), Store (Zero, DQDA))
            Store (Zero, DGPW)
            Store (Zero, DGRS)
            Sleep (0x64)
            Store (Zero, DGOS)
            Store (0x02, OMPR)
            Store (Zero, _PSC)
        }

Nvidia disappears....
but it continues to consume energy

But, after sleep - fully disabled.... Hmmmm 

• 1 month later...

Ok, have 10.10.3 working almost perfectly.  Boots up just fine via Clover UEFI.  Few minor things I'd like to get working, but am afraid if screwing my install so want guidance first.

1)Battery Meter-Not working at all currently.  Whats required to get this working?

2)Brightness Slider-Ive tried installing a suggest kext to get it working, but its not showing up.

3)Bluetooth-It works, and I paired my iPhone, but it will connect and then disconnect 2 seconds later.  Do I need to do something to get this working better?

If you follow the guide through (yeah it does need a refresher, but things posted here are still OK) you will have a fully functional system in Yosemite.

I have not pursued 10.11 as everyone who has NEC/Renesas USB3 ports (most users of these mafhines) on their daughter boards will not be able to use them - no drivers any longer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How do I know which ports i have?   The Dell drivers page shows drivers for both Fresco and Renesas ports.

Laptop: Dell N4110 14R-Intel Core i7-2640m/HM67 Sandy Bridge-HD3000-6GB DDR3-Netgear A6100 USB Wifi-Realtek Ethernet-Clover UEFI bootloader

​I don't have windows reinstalled yet so I can't see what true drivers its using

From what I can tell I believe it might be gigabit.  Guess I can look further and find out.  Kinda wishing I had windows installed so I could tell for sure, but I want to do that dead last after OS X is 100%   Any thoughts on brightness control and battery meter?  Aside from those I have a 100% perfect running yosemite install.

Just one - use the package provided to complete the post-install and you will be all set, no extra tinkering. I might be posting an update for those running 10.10.5 some time this month or perhaps early next month.

I have not tried to move any further than Yosemite as I need the laptop on a daily basis and there's not much to gain like you are saying. Having had last 4 days off, I had a chance to catch up with certain things. Got a spare SSD lying around, so the plan for a not so distant future is to get 10.11.5 going... just in time for Sierra release haha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I ran the tool and broke clover :-(

Its hanging at ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlgin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerMangement) timed out.

Booting right now with a chameleon usb stick.

Didn't get anywhere with the battery meter or brightness

Sounds broken now too.

Brightness issue:

are you using ACPIBackLight.kext or the newer IntelBacklight.kext?

the newer IntelBackLight.kext doesn't require much in terms of DSDT additions ... my PNLF device looks like this now:

Device (PNLF)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
                    Name (_CID, "backlight")  // _CID: Compatible ID
                    Name (_UID, 0x0A)  // _UID: Unique ID
                    Name (_STA, 0x0B)  // _STA: Status
                    Name (XOPT, 0x06)
                }

Brightness issue:

are you using ACPIBackLight.kext or the newer IntelBacklight.kext?

the newer IntelBackLight.kext doesn't require much in terms of DSDT additions ... my PNLF device looks like this now:

Device (PNLF)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
                    Name (_CID, "backlight")  // _CID: Compatible ID
                    Name (_UID, 0x0A)  // _UID: Unique ID
                    Name (_STA, 0x0B)  // _STA: Status
                    Name (XOPT, 0x06)
                }

I see both kexts in there on my System/Lirbrary/Extensions.

Should I delete the other?

Anyway you can walk me through the dsdt patching.  Every guide I've read gets super confusing.  I have my dsdt file on my desktop and Maciaml

I see both kexts in there on my System/Lirbrary/Extensions.

Should I delete the other?

Anyway you can walk me through the dsdt patching.  Every guide I've read gets super confusing.  I have my dsdt file on my desktop and Maciaml

If you'd flashed the BIOS posted in the OP and used everything packaged into the SCT Support pack, you'd have all of that on Yosemite, frustration-free. No DSDT patching, no messing with kexts... nada. And you having those two kexts in your SLE just indicates that you haven't done any of that, because I have never switched to IntelBacklight prior to last weekend. 

If you'd flashed the BIOS posted in the OP and used everything packaged into the SCT Support pack, you'd have all of that on Yosemite, frustration-free. No DSDT patching, no messing with kexts... nada. And you having those two kexts in your SLE just indicates that you haven't done any of that, because I have never switched to IntelBacklight prior to last weekend. 

My bios is flashed

I ran your SCT Support Pack and completely lost my ability to boot.  I had to reinstall Clover and use RehabMans config.plist  I don't mind running it again, but if you can instruct me just to how i screwed my boot when all I did was run your support pack Id like to know.  As I don't want to run it again and be stuck again.  What might I have done wrong?

My laptop details:  Dell N4110 14R-Intel Core i7-2640m/HM67 Sandy Bridge-HD3000-6GB DDR3-Netgear A6100 USB Wifi-Realtek Ethernet-Clover UEFI bootloader

I ran your SCT Support Pack and completely lost my ability to boot.  I had to reinstall Clover and use RehabMans config.plist  I don't mind running it again, but if you can instruct me just to how i screwed my boot when all I did was run your support pack Id like to know.  As I don't want to run it again and be stuck again.  What might I have done wrong?

My laptop details:  Dell N4110 14R-Intel Core i7-2640m/HM67 Sandy Bridge-HD3000-6GB DDR3-Netgear A6100 USB Wifi-Realtek Ethernet-Clover UEFI bootloader

The SCT Support pack will backup all the kexts in a pre-defined list from SLE and if it finds one it will also backup config.plist and also the ACPI/patched on the ESP. It will backup your serial and RTVar data from config and will insert it's own config, preconfigured for platform selected in 'Customize' when installing the package. It will then use your serial data to put back in the config it has copied across to the ESP. If you don't have a config.plist or nothing at all on the ESP, it will generate the serial data for platform or your choice, but it won't come up with anything for RtVars...

The machine you have is a typical setup that at least a dozen other people in this thread have and they had no issues following the guide from A to Z. The only kind of quirk I can see in your setup is presence of the intel card (which has semi-functional BT sitting on the USB bus) and a USB dongle for Wi-Fi. Which is not a setup supported, so getting Wi-Fi to work is up to you. 

The SCT Support pack will backup all the kexts in a pre-defined list from SLE and if it finds one it will also backup config.plist and also the ACPI/patched on the ESP. It will backup your serial and RTVar data from config and will insert it's own config, preconfigured for platform selected in 'Customize' when installing the package. It will then use your serial data to put back in the config it has copied across to the ESP. If you don't have a config.plist or nothing at all on the ESP, it will generate the serial data for platform or your choice, but it won't come up with anything for RtVars...

The machine you have is a typical setup that at least a dozen other people in this thread have and they had no issues following the guide from A to Z. The only kind of quirk I can see in your setup is presence of the intel card (which has semi-functional BT sitting on the USB bus) and a USB dongle for Wi-Fi. Which is not a setup supported, so getting Wi-Fi to work is up to you. 

I went ahead and bought a BCM94352HMB  $26 on amazon and almost $10 less than the usb wifi.  Good thing i kept the receipt.  That should get working well with wifi and bt.  Twice as fast as the usb too.

I'm 99.9% certain i flashed bios when i first got this laptop as yours was the first guide i tried.  Any way to tell for sure?  I wouldn't be able to be using uefi clover without it, right?

Let me do this visually

These are my selections in the SCT Package.  Only thing I omitted is wifi as I don't see my cart (Intel 1030) on there.  This configuration caused my clover not to boot just running the SCT Package and restarting

Also post 5 you include a download link specific to N4110
Should I be using these files at all?  If so what should I be doing with them vs the SCT tool?

Also, you posted 
"Update (11/01/13):
If your 14R has AMD 6470M graphics rename OEM 03NKW8 folder to 0WVPMX.
If your 14R has AMD 6630M graphics then keep the name as is.

Update (01/01/14):
If your 14R is an Intel-only model rename OEM 0YW3P2 folder to 05TM8C.14r-2.tiff"

I don't have a OYW3P2 folder.  Im only seeing the 03NKW8 folder, should I change that?

Im not trying to be difficult, just want to make sure I'm understanding right, because if I run the SCT tool as I posted, its not going to boot, so i want to fully understand so I can get this running right.

sct.tiff

sct2.tiff

sct3.tiff

14r-1.tiff

14r-2.tiff