OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

Most of features on my Dell Vostro 3450 are working

(WiFi, LAN, Audio, Trackpad, Sleep, Battery)

However, none of my USB ports are working.

Anyone got USB working on Dell Vostro 3450

See attached screenshot of DPCIManager (PCI List)

USB 2.0 (Intel 6 Series/C200 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller)

USB 3.0 Host Controller (NEC Corporation)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

El Capitan has issues with NEC/Renasas USB 3.0.  Rehab man had posted a generic usb kext, but it didn't seem to help.  I ended up going back to Yosemite because El Capitan was just more problems than it was worth.  This explains why your bluetooth isn't working though.  The Bluetooth is running over USB internally, so if you fix usb 2.0 you should have working bluetooth.  Same with webcam (its also internal USB)

If you get USB 3 working in 10.11 let me know how, because that was one of my biggest issues (besides everything being jerky and slow graphics wise)

• Like 1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

El Capitan has issues with NEC/Renasas USB 3.0.  Rehab man had posted a generic usb kext, but it didn't seem to help.  I ended up going back to Yosemite because El Capitan was just more problems than it was worth.  This explains why your bluetooth isn't working though.  The Bluetooth is running over USB internally, so if you fix usb 2.0 you should have working bluetooth.  Same with webcam (its also internal USB)

If you get USB 3 working in 10.11 let me know how, because that was one of my biggest issues (besides everything being jerky and slow graphics wise)

My (2) USB 3 ports are now working: 

1) USB 3 port on the right side (next to mic/headphones)

2) USB 3 port on the back (next to LAN port)

All I did is installed OS-X-Generic-USB3 kext from RehabMan from this link from this section of the post

"Update: For unsupported USB3 controllers (eg. not Intel, not Fresco Logic), you can try the latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/R...-X-Generic-USB3"

I think once USB 2 is configured, my Webcam & Bluetooth 

will also work from what I found out, since both are using USB.

I just refreshed the BIOS just to make sure i was on the newest.  That said, is there any way to disable USB3 altogether in the BIOS?  I didn't see anything.  

Also, I noticed if i try to scroll right to the advanced menu on the top, it locks up BIOS and I have to power down for the computer to work again.  Is this typical?

I try el capitan on n4110 with DELL SCT OSX Support Package v1.1.3 have some error like:

USB

Camera,Bluetooth

Display

but appleHDA works great

I try with ssdt and dmdt from this LINK have error:

Display

AppleHDA

Battery

but USB camera works great

I hope @TimeWalker75a will make new version DELL SCT when sierra release 

• 3 weeks later...

Attempting to install 10.10.2 on n4110 Intel HD3000 graphics. BIOS updated (from first post), Clover (files from first post) boots install USB media, drive partitions (is a CF to SATA adapter, drive reports as removable if this matters) and OS install runs but Clover will not load from internal drive post install. Results in attached error. Thoughts?

post-216654-0-57502000-1472065225_thumb.jpg

I was able to get 10.11.6 to successfully install and boot, and have eliminated most problems with it.

This is my specific hardware.  USB3 and Ethernet were tracked down in ioreg.  I cant guarantee this will work for any other model, but this should help at least some people.

Intel Core i7-2640m - Series 6 - HM67 chipset - 6GB DDR3 - HD3000 1366x768- Realtek RTL8105 Ethernet - Fresco Logic FL1009 USB3 - Azureware Broadcom BCM94352HMB wifi/bluetooth (this is replaced from the OEM Intel Centrino card)

Rehabman was a HUGE help in figuring this all out.

First off, previous posts state that if you had Realtek 8100 ethernet you had Renesas/NEC USB3, and if you had Realtek 8111 Gigabit you had Fresco Logic USB3.

Turns out, this particular laptop has 8100 Fast Ethernet with Fresco Logic FL1009 USB3.  Im not going to write a guide on how to put the El Capitan installer from appstore onto a usb stick.  There are plenty of guides out there.

I used a 16GB USB 2.0 stick.  USB stick is GUID and formatted HFS+J 

Ill give the specific details on what I did unique to make this all work:

Clover r3625

Options checked on clover install customize:

Install for UEFI only

Bluemac theme

OsxAptioFixDrv-64 from Drivers64UEFI

After install, download HFSPlus.efi from https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/raw/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efiand copy it to copy it to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

Remove the folders EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, leaving just 'Other'

In the Other folder install the following Kexts:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads

In google, type injector kext + FL1009 + rehabman.  Choose the first result from google. In the 2nd post download the file USBXHCI_FL1009.kext .    Place this file in the Other folder as well.

Next we need to install a config.plist file that matches our hardware.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/archive/master.zip

From the file, we need config_HD3000_1366x768.plist.  Copy it to your desktop and rename it config.plist

Before putting it in our EFI/Clover folder, we need to modify it, or we will get a kernel panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Use a plist editor, like Xcode or similar to open the .plist file.

In conflig.plist/ACPI rename DropTables to ##DropTables and then rename #DropTables to DropTables

Next under config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate, change CStates and PStates to true for both (YES in Xcode)

Save the changes and place the config.plist file on your desktop in /EFI/Clover/ overwriting the file thats there.

Done, boot from USB, select the installer and it should do its magic.

From this point update Clover onto the HDD, and install all kexts to the system volume.  You'll still need to install kexts and/or DSDT edits for wifi, battery, audio, ethernet, bluetooth, brightness slider, etc.  Im not going to get into these.  There are several guides out there for these and they are straight forward.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can you tell me what you doing?

I update from Yosemite but get Kernel Panic

you can't update, you need reinstall, follow this steps for create USB penboot for El Capitan or Sierra, I tried in Dell Vostro 3450 and it worked

https://eladnava.com/install-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-on-hackintosh-vanilla/

before install, you need to replace a config.plist file in EFI partition, download from:

https://github.com/R...hive/master.zip

you need config_HD3000_1366x768.plist. Rename to config.plist and replace

Basic kext that I'm add in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other for install:

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

USBInjectAll

GenericUSBXHCI

FakeSMC.kext

kext after installed:

WIFI: AtherosWiFiInjector

Ethernet: RealtekRTL8111

Audio: voodooHDA and codeccommand installed through vietnam

if you have a graphic card AMD Radeon 6630m you need disable it with DSDT because it dosen't work and your laptop will get hot

after that, just USBs 2.0, Bluetooth webcam, battery(dosen't charge), brightness doesn't work 

I'm looking for some fix

good luck ^^

I have Sierra running pretty great on my N4110.

post-178151-0-16446300-1474641155_thumb.png

Used the same procedure I posted to get El Capitan installed I posted several posts back.

Works:

Wifi 2.4/5.0

Bluetooth

Sound

Mic

Battery Meter

Brightness

Graphics

USB 2.0 & 3.0

This should be 100% from what I can tell.

Sound required ALC269VBv4 (patched AppleHDA.Kext attached here), plus some patches applied via Clover.

I added the following to my config.plist.

post-178151-0-79867200-1474604303_thumb.png

Wifi/BT I changed the oem card to the Azureware BCM94352HMB.  It requires fakepciid.kext and fakepciid_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.  In Sierra it now requires a patch (see the config.plist screenshot)

USB was USBInjectAll.kext (newest one updated for Sierra) and USBXHCI_FL1009.kext (Fresco Logic USB3 only)

Battery Meter required DSDT patch from Rehabman for XPS13 and ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Brightness Meter was DSDT patch from Rehabman for HD3000

Bluetooth was BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

AppleHDA-276.26-ALC269VB_v4.zip

I have Sierra running pretty great on my N4110.

Used the same procedure I posted to get El Capitan installed I posted several posts back.

Works:
Wifi 2.4/5.0
Bluetooth
Sound
Battery Meter
Brightness
Graphics
USB 2.0 & 3.0

Doesnt Work (aside from known Sierra problems):
Mic

Sound was the biggest problem.  I used AppleHDA.kext.  MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL.  

I used AppleHDA Patcher 1.5 and ALC269 VB v2 (v1 gave working sound too) and modified my config.plist with some patches and injection.

I added the following to my config.plist.

Wifi I changed the oem card to the Azureware BCM54352HMB.  It requires fakepciid.kext and fakepciid_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.  In Sierra it now requires a patch (see the config.plist screenshot)

USB was USBInjectAll.kext (newest one updated for Sierra) and USBXHCI_FL1009.kext (Fresco Logic USB3 only)
Battery Meter required DSDT patch from Rehabman for XPS13 and ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Brightness Meter was DSDT patch from Rehabman for HD3000
Bluetooth was BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

Can you upload your EFI.Because i tried my EFI but can't boot Sierra :(

Can you upload your EFI.Because i tried my EFI but can't boot Sierra :(

Here is my clover folder from the usb i used to boot the installer.  Keep in mind it doesnt have the theme folder, so you'll need that with the bluemac theme.

IMPORTANT:  Download and install Clover r3625  to your usb.

Under theme choose bluemac.

*Basically follow the clover guide from Rehabman (mine was for UEFI booting).

My N4110 has Realtek 8105 ethernet and Fresco Logic USB 3.0, so the kexts in the /Other folder might not work for you.

Let me know if you have any luck!

CLOVER.zip

Here is my clover folder from the usb i used to boot the installer.  Keep in mind it doesnt have the theme folder, so you'll need that with the bluemac theme.

IMPORTANT:  Download and install Clover r3625  to your usb.

Under theme choose bluemac.

*Basically follow the clover guide from Rehabman (mine was for UEFI booting).

My N4110 has Realtek 8105 ethernet and Fresco Logic USB 3.0, so the kexts in the /Other folder might not work for you.

Let me know if you have any luck!

I met AppleIntelCpupowermanagement kernel panic when boot with your EFI.I think because my laptop is core i3 :(....Can you help me change DSDT to core i3.Because i'm very noob about DSDT and SSDT :(

I met AppleIntelCpupowermanagement kernel panic when boot with your EFI.I think because my laptop is core i3 :(....Can you help me change DSDT to core i3.Because i'm very noob about DSDT and SSDT :(

Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs

If you're getting a panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and/or SMC_ACPI_PlatformPlugin it may be related to your OEM CPU power management related SSDTs.

Some systems may need to drop some of the OEM SSDTs. This happens most frequently with Sandy Bridge systems (but not all). There are two configurations for DropTables in the provided config.plist files. The default is minimal. The alternate is named #DropTables and is a bit more aggressive. Each configuration resides in config.plist/ACPI. You can use the alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables (in that order). Depending on how the OEM labels the tables, this may or may not work. If you still have issues, set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. You will need to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true) to use DropOem=true or the alternate DropTables.

Always use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to edit config.plist.

Try deleting the DSDT and SSDT in /ACPI/Patched.  You obviously will need one for your own hardware after install.  The config.plist i provided should already have the above in it, but double check it.  I used the more aggressive option.

You shouldnt need a patched DSDT and SSDT for the installer AFAIK

• Like 1

Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs

If you're getting a panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and/or SMC_ACPI_PlatformPlugin it may be related to your OEM CPU power management related SSDTs.

Some systems may need to drop some of the OEM SSDTs. This happens most frequently with Sandy Bridge systems (but not all). There are two configurations for DropTables in the provided config.plist files. The default is minimal. The alternate is named #DropTables and is a bit more aggressive. Each configuration resides in config.plist/ACPI. You can use the alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables (in that order). Depending on how the OEM labels the tables, this may or may not work. If you still have issues, set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. You will need to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true) to use DropOem=true or the alternate DropTables.

Always use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to edit config.plist.

Try deleting the DSDT and SSDT in /ACPI/Patched.  You obviously will need one for your own hardware after install.  The config.plist i provided should already have the above in it, but double check it.  I used the more aggressive option.

You shouldnt need a patched DSDT and SSDT for the installer AFAIK

still get kernel panic after AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement