Which Logitech HD webcams are 10.9 compatible?

BuXb

20 posts in this topic

Logitech don't even specify if their two dedicated Mac models HD Webcam C615 and Broadcaster Wi-Fi Webcam are 10.9 compatible.. (comparison).

I am esp. interested in the C310 and the C525.

Accdg. to this posting at least the C310 works in 10.9.

If you have your supposed Windows-only Logi cam 720p or 1080p working in 10.9, feel free to share here:

• working OOtB ("out-of-the-box", for our non-english members)

• working by installing Logitech Webcam Software v. 2.2

• working by installing Logitech Webcam Software with Vid HD v. 1.8

• working by installing 3rd party driver, like MacCam

• working by using AnV's UVC webcam working as Apple iSight

• working with a different method - please explain

Thank you,
Bugs

PS: if you have a non-Logitech 720p or 1080p USB webcam working in 10.9, feel free to share, too. It's just that to me Logitech is usually (but certainly not always) a warrant for quality.

awesome, thank you all so much for the info and links!

I see the older C510 is officially supported on the Mac, but the more current C525 is listed under "some features or application support may not work"..

Do you know if Skype in HD and Digital Zoom work via 10.9's UVC driver (or by installing the Logitch driver)?

After reading

Skype HD on Mac w/ any other camera besides Apple FaceTimeHD built in camera is going to sorely dissapoint you.  It's iffy at best if it's going to work and no matter what the box says. you'll be lucky to get 720p.

be warned.

Details:

Logitech C910 ( iffy 720p lots of dropouts back to SD )

Logitech C920 UVC driver only for MacOS can not run h.264 hardware encoder on Mac but can in Windows.

Logitech C930e UVC drivers only for MacOS can not run h.264 hardware encoder on Mac but can in Windows.

Logitech BCC950 ( same internals as C920 I think ) same as above.

When I run Windows7 or Windows8 on the EXACT SAME MAC COMPUTER  The C920, C930, & BCC950 all goto to 1080 HD on Skype.

You'll never get what you think your gonna get w/ Skype on the Mac if you want what the box is showing you FULLHD you need to run windows.

beyond tired of expanding the Win/ Mac/ hackintosh fumbly experimentation stage into the realm of webcams [..], I ordered the guaranteed fully Mac compatible C615 1080p w. auto-focus new for $45 incl. exp. shipping and 30 days return window from here..

Will let you folks know how it performs in 10.8.5, Win 8.1 and 10.9.

THANK YOU ALL FOR PROVIDING ORIENTATION!

The QVC-compatible webcams from Logitech and Microsoft work OOTB (Logitech C310 and newer, and especially C525 and newer, along with Microsoft's Lifecams).  Best choices are Logitech HD Webcam C525 and above/newer, including C610, C615, and C910, and Microsoft Lifecam Studio (the Lifecam Studio is on sale at MicroCenter for $69.95).

I have Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 working OOtB.

I have the same camera but no joy. Worked perfectly in Mountain Lion. Now getting 'No camera available' in 'Photo Booth' and 'Face Time' apps.

Camera is showing in System Information as 

Logitech Camera:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1133 ProductID_2448

Unique ID: 0xfa500000046d0990

Under USB devices as 

Product ID: 0x0990

Vendor ID: 0x046d  (Logitech Inc.)

Version: 0.08

Serial Number: 94971B2E

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Location ID: 0xfa500000 / 2

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

• 2 weeks later...

Logitech c 910 worked OOB with Skype and FaceTime.  However, FaceTime use is a bit flaky with freezes and apparent rapid mode switches.  There don't appear to be any tools for controlling the camera operation - but I am still investigating!

The OP has solved the problem - hope this helps other builders.

I have the same camera but no joy. Worked perfectly in Mountain Lion. Now getting 'No camera available' in 'Photo Booth' and 'Face Time' apps.

Camera is showing in System Information as 

Logitech Camera:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1133 ProductID_2448

Unique ID: 0xfa500000046d0990

Under USB devices as 

Product ID: 0x0990

Version: 0.08

Serial Number: 94971B2E

Location ID: 0xfa500000 / 2

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Logitech-Quickcam-Pro-9000_Peripheral_review

Hi, 

Below are my information, we don't share the same productId?

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1133 ProductID_2470

Unique ID: 0xfd600000046d09a6

Logitech Camera:

Product ID: 0x09a6

Version: 0.09

Serial Number: F58C2720

Location ID: 0xfd600000 / 4

My C510 has been working perfectly since day one.

Cámara Logitech:

N.º de modelo: UVC Camera VendorID_1133 ProductID_2077

Logitech Camera:

ID del producto: 0x081d

ID del fabricante: 0x046d  (Logitech Inc.)

Versión: 0.10

Número de serie: 94EA84A0

Velocidad: Hasta 480 Mb/s

ID de la ubicación: 0x1a160000 / 4

Corriente disponible (mA): 500

Corriente necesaria (mA): 500

• 3 weeks later...

I have a new MBP 15", Retina display, 16GB RAM, 1T hd, 10.9. Apparently the built-in cam does not work with Yahoo Instant Messenger. I found my old Logitech C910 and from what you are saying here, it will work with my setup? I don't need the sound and don't need it for any other program. If I do install it with 2.2, it won't mess up my iSight camera? Your help is much appreciated as I keep finding conflicting reports on different sites.

If you were to buy an external webcam for my setup, which would you buy? Moderately priced please!

Thanks for all your help!

I have a new MBP 15", Retina display, 16GB RAM, 1T hd, 10.9. Apparently the built-in cam does not work with Yahoo Instant Messenger. I found my old Logitech C910 and from what you are saying here, it will work with my setup? I don't need the sound and don't need it for any other program. If I do install it with 2.2, it won't mess up my iSight camera? Your help is much appreciated as I keep finding conflicting reports on different sites.

If you were to buy an external webcam for my setup, which would you buy? Moderately priced please!

Thanks for all your help!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292893-which-logitech-hd-webcams-are-109-compatible/?p=1956663

It's important to also install the software for full functionality.

• 1 month later...