X Men 3 - set up for a sequel?

Swad

14 posts in this topic

So I saw X Men 3 for the first time today and I quite enjoyed it, even if I didn't think it was as good as the first two. I loved the ending though, especially the part with Charles after the credit. Definitely sounds like a sequel to me... and as long as it involves Patrick Stewart, I'm down.

So I saw X Men 3 for the first time today and I quite enjoyed it, even if I didn't think it was as good as the first two. I loved the ending though, especially the part with Charles after the credit. Definitely sounds like a sequel to me... and as long as it involves Patrick Stewart, I'm down.

It was definetely enjoyable, but it had a few story holes here and there and the lack of a protagonist. In al the previous films it was Wolverine and his story arc. This one was SUPPOSED to be Jean Grey, but it really wasn't, but that's just the film production side of me speaking out. Comic book standing it was fun. Beast made a great addition. They need to make him more of a primary role.

There are no more Xmen movies. It has been said in the news for a while. Hallie Berry (sp?) is bitchie over her part and doesn't want to do storm anymore. You will see (from IGN a while back):

Wolverine movie

Magneto movie

Possible Young Xmen movie (Kitty Pride, Iceman, Collosus etc).

It is said, the Xmen movies could have been huge, but they were forced to stop them. Oh well.

SPOILER!

The first part of the movie, he talked about some (the same guy) that are born with no brain function and some mutant psychics might be able to, if powerful enough, put their conscienous in that body. Now we don't know Charles did it (I doubt it) or the good part of Jene Gray did it (most likely due to her enormous power). What does it mean? He is alive and well, and able to walk. Will he have his powers? Hard to say. If the mutantion is tied to his dna/genes, then no, but Gene/Dark Phoenix bent time and space, so I would say he has his powers. Make sense? :thumbsdown_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the ending kinda gave it away (hint) for a sequal. That would be pretty sick too, to bring in Gambit, see more of Shadowcat, nightcrawler, Arch angel and bring in some new chars from evolution AKA Wolfsbane! even though shes not an original....at least i think shes not.....*ponders* to many awsome chars though, i really hope they make another. People are saying no yet others say there will be a huge series to come, dont know who to believe.

It's a great amazing movie. They haven't announced a sequel but i really hope they do. From what i heard, the little clip after the credits was added by the actors and director after (kinda spontaneous). Xmen 3 had a lot of action but no character development and was pretty short (probably because different director). Anyways, they need another!

http://imdb.com is a good site to check up on any movie, released, in the making. I usually check there to see if sequels have been announced and imdb will give you as much information (actors, etc) as they know. Good site.

SPOILER BELOW!

It sucks though that (as far as we know) we won't be seeing Xavier, Cyclops, or Jean since the bodies of Cyclops and Xavier have been disintegrated, while Jean was stabbed by Wolverine. Even Magneto, rogue, and a few others lost their powers. My possible theory is that the effects of the 'cure' were only temporary and that's why Magneto (the strongest mutant cured) was able to gain his powers back. Perhaps in the possible sequel, the rest will regain their powers.

I find it odd how they didn't follow the story line really (I'M COMPLETELY OK WITH THAT) but I meant for the death parts I guess. Xavier dies by some other guy in the original series, weird how phonix would obliderate (excuse my spelling) him. I honestly hope they bring in another though, still more characters to introduce aswell.

• 3 weeks later...

I was quite upset that they didnt stick with the comic at all.

Did Prof X really need to be killed? Was Juggernaut as a mutant really necessary? Couldnt Magneto have used his powers a little less... stupidly? Etc and so forth.

As a stand-alone movie, I think it would have been okay. But without Brian Singer, or a thought to continuity, it was horrid.

Hollywood needs to understand that story must trump special effects. Instead of the idea that "instead of making something make sense and be interesting, we should make it look stupid, but technically amazing". The scene from Xmen 2 where Magneto drew the iron out of the security guy and did his lil magic with that little bit of metal, was awesome. But then you see him flinging flaming cars around. I mean... wouldnt it have been more effective to shred those cars into bb's and fling them about? Maybe even flaming bb's?

They might as well have set it up for a sequel, considering it really never actually ended. I mean seriously, the plot didn't resolve much, it just sort of stopped. Left me feeling empty. Now, X-2, that was {censored} awesome, let me just say that much.