Anyone try installing Mavericks DP4

buck1127

61 posts in this topic

I just tried booting without -f and, unfortunately, it was the same result :/ thanks for the suggestion though! I think I'll try with and without -f along with some other combinations to see if I can get to the desktop.

You're not clear about UseKernelCache=No have you tried it ?

My difference with you is that I use a NVidia card not the HD4000. And I didn't have directly a blinking cursor but the verbose listing.

In fact my boot line to fix my problem was -f -v UseKernelCache=No npci=3000 darkwake=0 although I don't think the two last had any use.

I installed Mavericks with a Pandora's Box installer and upgraded Chameleon to the last version before the DP4.

Guest wader1111

You're not clear about UseKernelCache=No have you tried it ?

My difference with you is that I use a NVidia card not the HD4000. And I didn't have directly a blinking cursor but the verbose listing.

In fact my boot line to fix my problem was -f -v UseKernelCache=No npci=3000 darkwake=0 although I don't think the two last had any use.

I installed Mavericks with a Pandora's Box installer and upgraded Chameleon to the last version before the DP4.

I tried adding UseKernelCache=No and it still doesn't work. As well as your boot line (except with npci=0x2000 instead of npci=0x3000).

And actually I'm using a GeForce GT 630, wanted a little more than HD3000.

I created the Mavericks USB manually and updated to DP4 using the App Store. I haven't updated Chameleon since the first working Mavericks compatible Chameleon was released. So I guess I'll give updating that a shot and see if it makes any difference...

Guest wader1111

Yayyyy!!! finally got DP4 to boot!! I know others have tried unplugging their monitor sometime during the boot process. I tried that, but I unplugged it AFTER the black screen with the cursor appeared. This time I unplugged it right after the boot loader screen disappeared. I waited 5 minutes (probably doesn't need to be that long) and plugged it in and the "Completing Mavericks Installation" screen appeared!!! So right now I'm typing this on Mavericks DP4 running just fine!! lol just hopefully Apple will fix this in the neXt DP. I read somewhere else that it happened on an external monitor on someone's Mac Mini so I'm sure it will be fixed. Til then I'll just unplug and replug the HDMI cable every time I wanna boot....lol. Thanks a bunch for the support!!!

Anyone try updating to DP4 yet? I had DP3 running smooth then when i did the update after it boots instead of main screen i get black screen with a cursor

I got the same. And I tried twice, once when I installed over system update and the second time using a downloaded combo DP4.

I got the same. And I tried twice, once when I installed over system update and the second time using a downloaded combo DP4.

I used the HdMI fix by unplugging at boot wait a few minutes is can boot into mavericks now but the screen flickers even during shutdown

I used the HdMI fix by unplugging at boot wait a few minutes is can boot into mavericks now but the screen flickers even during shutdown

My 9600GT is dual DVI even one is connected to my TV using a DVI-HDMI adapter, I tried that but no luck.

My 9600GT is dual DVI even one is connected to my TV using a DVI-HDMI adapter, I tried that but no luck.

I repaired permissions and rebooted and everything worked out i can boot normally now with no screen flickering or anything

having problem also with booting, white cursor, black screen when hdmi monitor was attached. Temporary fix is to boot without the HDMI (single monitor is working fine through DVI connector), and just plugin the hdmi after i was logged in on maverick

i can't do anything after updating.

i installed DP4 and after the installation the system shuts off completely.

Me too. I'm using DP2 and run the DP4 combo update. Instead of a Restart button after installation finished, it still show Continue and Go back. Restart system and it can't boot, "CPU halted" then shutdown every time. Is that really a "combo" update? Because I updated from DP1 to DP2 without any problem.

NDA aside, you have developer account?

I have not and I've been updating since DP1. Unfortunately now in the DP4 update does not appear on my Mac App Store.

Anyone experienced this? Did Apple changed the authentication process?

:ph34r:

Try  replace dp2

IOBluetoothFamily.kext  to dp4

Well, problem seems to be gone.

What I have done? Nothing...

The system updated itself.

As soon as I managed to get into DP4 (remove cable trick) I was prompted to do a Update to the Recovery Partition of my Mavericks installation via AppStore.

To get the Recovery Partition installed I followed what is described here http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/os-x-tweaks/how-to-create-a-recovery-partition-and-enable-all-features-of-icloud-and-imessages/, regarding the installation of the partition. I chose the ML one.

Voilá, my system boots now without tricks.

Edit: I think it can be downloaded manually from here: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/28/11/091-7243/zlkpbgq4vljwzzkg18dbpopxz89kjxt8qo/RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg

• Like 1

Me too. I'm using DP2 and run the DP4 combo update. Instead of a Restart button after installation finished, it still show Continue and Go back. Restart system and it can't boot, "CPU halted" then shutdown every time. Is that really a "combo" update? Because I updated from DP1 to DP2 without any problem.

Me too. 

I updated from DP1 to DP4. Now, the system can't boot, "cpu halted" after some "FIPS failed"

Same here.

HDMI not work with HD6850. Even tried to use DVI to HDMI cable.

Hope this issue wouldn't maintain till GM release.

Resolving the DP4 HDMI hang

People with a HDMI (only) display plugged-in at boot time, may run into a system hang with OS X 10.9 DP4. We here resolved this with a workaround – modified one of the frame buffers:

03 00 22 0D 00 03 03 03 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 01

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 99 14 00 00 99 14 00 00

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 06 10 00 01 00 00 00

00 00 00 00 01 05 12 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

02 04 14 00 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF 00 01 00

01 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 01 01 00 00

04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Apple is probably going to fix the HDMI problems in OS X 10.9 DP5 or with a Graphics Update for DP4 but until then this workaround can be used. Just give it a try and let us know if it works for your setup/motherboard as well. Thanks!

Did you notice what we did with the FB Index? Indeed. We removed the delays and changed the FB Index order to: 3, 1 and 2. This gives us port-number: 7, 5 and 6.

Adding a delay on the last framebuffer (used for HDMI here) changes the port-number from 6 to 0, but that isn’t causing us any problem. At least not here with our setups.

Reposted courtesy of PikeR Alpha.

• Like 1

I have solved this problem! :hysterical:

Update flow: DP1 -> DP2 -> DP3 -> DP4 

Not jump DP2 or DP3 to DP4