QE/CI Glitchy Graphics issues on 10.9 GTX 770 and Haswell

blipotech

7 posts in this topic

Hello folks! 

I'm having some graphics glitches with my GTX 770 on OS X Mavericks 10.9

My boot args are -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

The glitch seems to happen mostly in graphical transitions. Instead of a smooth transition the graphics blink rapidly during transition animations then return to normal when there is no transition movement.

Ive attempted to use pandora's box to patch the video kexts with no avail. 

Any ideas on how to go about resolving this issue and getting full graphics acceleration in 10.9?

Relevant hardware:

EVGA GTX 770 2gb (Read as the GK104 in 'About This Mac')

Gigabyte z87-HD3 

i7 4770k

OSX Mavericks 10.9 (issue persists in both DP1 and DP2)

Any help is much appreciated! thanks in advance!

Web drivers can't be installed in 10.9. I have a 780 and I run with graphics enabler off, and pciroot is 0 (i don't set it, i'm pretty sure it defaults to this) and I have no glitches whatsoever. Graphics acceleration is working perfectly fine, the only problem is the drivers don't seem to fully support the card so you're not going to have a great time gaming. I can get 100+ fps in a bunch of games, and while it's playable there are some serious stutter problems and in some situations my fps is less than 1/2 or 1/3 of what it is in windows.

I had GE enabled at first and experienced lots of glitches as well so I recommend turning it off. In DP1 I had to set npci=0x2000 but I leave that off in DP2 now.

PCIRootUID=1 is for DUAL CPU systems only. By using this flag you are just bypassing the card. 

Try booting with the following:

-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No 

Report back the results. 

Hello again! And many thanks for the replies. 

Web drivers can't be installed in 10.9. I have a 780 and I run with graphics enabler off, and pciroot is 0 (i don't set it, i'm pretty sure it defaults to this) and I have no glitches whatsoever. Graphics acceleration is working perfectly fine, the only problem is the drivers don't seem to fully support the card so you're not going to have a great time gaming. I can get 100+ fps in a bunch of games, and while it's playable there are some serious stutter problems and in some situations my fps is less than 1/2 or 1/3 of what it is in windows.

I had GE enabled at first and experienced lots of glitches as well so I recommend turning it off. In DP1 I had to set npci=0x2000 but I leave that off in DP2 now.

Good to hear you've got the 780 up and running! And yeah unfortunately no wed drivers for the 7 series on 10.9 :/ 

Perhaps installing a copy of your ATY_Init.kext would solve? Also what card comes up when you look at your 'About This Mac'?

PCIRootUID=1 is for DUAL CPU systems only. By using this flag you are just bypassing the card. 

Try booting with the following:

-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No 

Report back the results. 

I've just booted with the suggested arguments, and unfortunately no change. Ive already attempted a clean re-installation with myHack to see if it would fix the issue and patching ATY_Init.kext with Pandoras Box but also no change. Are there any other solutions for this issue via DSDT, kext, boot args etc..?

From what I am gathering you are using things that you do not understand what they do. The 6xx and 7xx are self initiating so no other kexts are needed. You may have to wait until the next update for support to be fully added for you GPU. 

From what I am gathering you are using things that you do not understand what they do. The 6xx and 7xx are self initiating so no other kexts are needed. You may have to wait until the next update for support to be fully added for you GPU. 

In regards to Hackintosh and the 770, yeah I have very little understanding with this card. And thanks for the info

I will update to DP2 and hang tight for further updates and QE/CI support.

• Like 1