HD 5450 on Mavericks

Aju Deeju

36 posts in this topic

That's what I thought, you're using DP 1 and as I said, the problem only occurs with DP 2. And so far, it seems that no one has fixed the problem. My DP 1 build works great, i confirm that your kext does the job but in DP 2, something's going wrong about QE/CI support. The card is not even recognized and the vram is still stucked at 3 mb.

Maybe bettyboop can confirm ?

So does anyone succeeded enabling QE/CI support with DP 2 (BUILD 13A497D)

Oh Aju Deeju, I've just noticed that you did not mention ATI5000Injector kext in your list, are you using it and where did you put it ? I use it with DP 1 in S/L/E  but I'm not sure it is necessary. 

That's what I thought, you're using DP 1 and as I said, the problem only occurs with DP 2. And so far, it seems that no one has fixed the problem. My DP 1 build works great, i confirm that your kext does the job but in DP 2, something's going wrong about QE/CI support. The card is not even recognized and the vram is still stucked at 3 mb.
Maybe bettyboop can confirm ?

So does anyone succeeded enabling QE/CI support with DP 2 (BUILD 13A497D) ?

Oh Aju Deeju, I've just noticed that you did not mention ATI5000Injector kext in your list, are you using it and where did you put it ? I use it with DP 1 in S/L/E but I'm not sure it is necessary.

Yes,same problem

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys !

New build, same problem :-)

As I expected, the new D4 build doesn't work with the DP2 kexts (nor the DP3 by the way). A usual, I tried to edit the vendor/product ID of the DP4 kexts but you know what ? it didn't worked. Then I tried to install the working DP2 kexts but still the same, no QE/CI support.

Any ideas ?

I'm curious to know how to patch those kexts properly because, I was figuring that editing was just enough but there's a point that I'm surely missing because anytime I tried, it just never works. I'm pretty sure that there's more editing job to do than just adding the ID in the AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext PCIOMatch fields but I don't know where.

• 3 months later...

:thumbsup_anim: Hello everybody I have an issue with my video card on mavericks  (GM) obviously it's the final release from the App Store. I've installed mavericks in a separated hard disk using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]- then when the OS was installed I  tried to enable QE/CI for ATI Sapphire HD 5450 1GB-is (0X68E1) I edited the string (info.plist) of AMDRadeonX3000, adding the correct ID for my video card under AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator.kext, on IOPCIMatch changing the old code (0X68E10002) for this new code (0X68E11002). Then I added ok org.chameleon.Boot.plist >ATIConfig< >Eulemur< After all I got QE/CI but it's not working properly, because the PC starts very slow with lags and sometimes it's freeze without kernel panics  :) HELP.....!!1

Core2Duo 2,66ghz

MoBo: Asrcok G41M-VS3 Rev. 2.0

Video Card: ATI Sapphire HD 5450 1gb DD3

Hello albertico ! I'va the same config as yours with both Sappphire and MoBo as yours. Check that :

Is there the AMDRadeonAccellerator Kext in your S/L/E folder ?

DId you also edit the plist of the AMD5000Controller kext ?

Did you use Kext utility to install those kexts and rebuild the S/L/E cache ?

I think your problem is that you do not have the AMDRAdeonAccellerator Kext which previous posts recommends to delete. If you do so, QE/CI won't work properly.

• 2 weeks later...