Os X 10.8.5 Beta Builds

artur_pt

67 posts in this topic

Has anyone else lost Bluetooth functionality with 10.8.5 ver. 12F13?  I have the Broadcom 2070 chip.  It shows up in IORegistryExplorer but it is not functioning.  When I roll-back to the 10.8.4 IOBluetoothFamily.kext, it works.  I've tried to see what differences there are between the Broadcom plugin for each version and it seems like the 10.8.5 kext supports more types of Bluetooth controllers than the 10.8.4 version.  I'm stumped.

Same happens on 10.9. It shows up but not functioning. With 10.8.4 kext, it works nicely. They messed something in the kexts...

No noticeable change with 12F17.  For my HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO, I had to use older, modified AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerMangement.kext, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext, and 10.8.4 IOBluetoothFamily.kext.  I also had to add my product ID to the Atheros40 plugin to IO80211Family.kext (DSDT Patch never worked right).

Still having Bluetooth issues.  Tried the fix for Mavericks DP2 (change power state to 1) but the power state settings are either yes or no, not a number.  I changed it to allow a number to be inserted but the number 1 didn't work. Anyone have any solutions or ideas beside rolling back to 10.8.4?  So far, that seems to be the only solution.

I think there will be one more build and then GM or even maybe GM next week, I can say this because the versioning some kext have already, like the nvidia ones which are marked as "F" witch means Final version since F23, this F30 build only had the minimal incremental in version F23 and F26 are marked as version 8.16.73 and F30 as 8.16.74 so if no big bug found this weekend maybe GM next week.

Good Luck